Dream Team Part II

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched several of the FIBA games and the US, looks extremely impressive. Defense, shooting and post play.

Redd is very accurate, Kobe looks motivated and James is equally good. I was surprised to see Nolan Richardson, coaching Mexico.

The original "Dream Team" consisted of these players:

Christian Laettner

David Robinson

Patrick Ewing

Larry Bird

Scottie Pippen

Michael Jordan

Clyde Drexler

Karl Malone

John Stockton

Chris Mullin

Charles Barkley

Magic Johnson

They participated in the 1992 Summer Olympics.

10 would be named in 1996 among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.

The Dream Team won the Olympic basketball tournament with a victory margin of 43.8 and without Coach Chuck Daly ever using a timeout.

The original "Dream Team" consisted of these players:

Christian Laettner

David Robinson

Patrick Ewing

Larry Bird

Scottie Pippen

Michael Jordan

Clyde Drexler

Karl Malone

John Stockton

Chris Mullin

Charles Barkley

Magic Johnson

They participated in the 1992 Summer Olympics.

10 would be named in 1996 among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.

The Dream Team won the Olympic basketball tournament with a victory margin of 43.8 and without Coach Chuck Daly ever using a timeout.

You mean Laettner didn't make it onto the 50 Greatest? He was the token college player on that team, at least Mullin wasn't the only one that didn't make the top 50. It would really have sucked to be the only one on the team not named to the Greatest Team.

Could this year's USA basketball team be the second coming of the original "Dream Team"???

It will be interesting to see who makes the Olympic team. Does Wade come off the bench next year? Do they get another quality big or do they roll w/ Amare and Howard? Kobe decided so far that he isn't interested in scoring, but he's still the MVP of the team b/c he locks down the best player from the other team.

After watching them in this tournament, I have officially swung to the side of HT and will agree that Kobe is the best player in the league. When they are head to head in league play, sometimes it's difficult to determine, and before the tournament, I'd have said Lebron is the best. Now that you can see them on the same team, on the floor at the same time, it's evident to me that Kobe is heads above the others in virtually all aspects of the game. JMHO, of course.

After watching them in this tournament, I have officially swung to the side of HT and will agree that Kobe is the best player in the league. When they are head to head in league play, sometimes it's difficult to determine, and before the tournament, I'd have said Lebron is the best. Now that you can see them on the same team, on the floor at the same time, it's evident to me that Kobe is heads above the others in virtually all aspects of the game. JMHO, of course.

It's amazing to watch Kobe and realize that he's just flat-out better than anyone playing the game on the entire planet. This team is a lot of fun to watch and he's a big part of that. Smothering defense and absolutely sick offensive ability... what more could you want?

Did anyone else see the scoring statistics table last night? Carmelo Anthony started the night second in the tournament in points per game at just over 22 while playing just over 18 minutes. The rest of the top five has about the same ppg statistic while playing, on average, 30 minutes. Amazing.

And there's nothing better than Bill Walton doing commentary on every game. I can't be the only one who loves Walton's fact sheet for every country we play. Either that or he just knows everything about everything.