Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. Cincinnati St. X ranked #1 in nation

Featured Replies

Moeller had a few years where they were #1 in the country, did they ever play a KY team then?

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idunno... 5 guys seeing time and 5 outright starters are two different things. I will dig around and see what I can find and if anyone else has anymore info that would be great.

I am pretty sure Ashley was the only Soph to get major PT two seasons ago.

  • Author
I am pretty sure Ashley was the only Soph to get major PT two seasons ago.

I know that's wrong because linebackers Fred Craig and Nick Schneider have started since they were sophomores. Ashley also started, so there's at least 3 sophomores who started on a D-I Ohio State Championship team.

One of the impressive aspects of the article is that Cincinnati has one team ranked first pre-season and another between 15-20. Does Kentucky have any team in the top 25?

 

Biotech, Trinity will have a good Bowling Green under their belt as prep for the big game.

This is true BG will be a good test to start the season, always well coached and an outstanding KY program.

Ranked #1 in the land by Prepnation.com and Rise Magazine the Bombers with something like 6 Div. 1 recruits and a veteran team with 137 Juniors and Seniors on their roster.

I saw a Cinn. St.X game last year and I predict a long day for the Rocks.

It will be a long day for the Rocks. The team will have to drive up to Ohio (2hours), try to eat something good, play a game and drive home that night. They're hoping the ride home will seem like a 30 minute ride from celebrating a win. GO ROCKS.

I am pretty sure Ashley was the only Soph to get major PT two seasons ago.

 

Maybe on offense but they started at least two sophs. on D, and that defense was one of the better one's around. Also, they rotated a few more. I remember then, my friend telling me that this was an unbelievable sophomore class.

Bowling Green and Butler are 2 excellent tests for the Rocks and especially with a new QB. as far as the Cincy St. X game, Trinity doesn't get to be an underdog very often, they'll be ready.

I realize it is far-fetched but IMO this would be a great game for Insight to televise. In broadcasting you want viewers for the advertisers and this would bring in a massive audience without a doubt.

Trinity will be fine against Cinn. X. It should be a long and difficult day for the Rocks, but ditto for Cinn. X. Reading the BGP 6A pre-season analysis and some of the knowledgeable Rock posters on this board leads to the conclusion that T is loaded and deep. So is Cinn. X. Regarding the game, can anyone inform us of areas of strength they expect one team to excel in? For example, is one team appreciably faster? Better coached? Stronger O-line? etc. Finally, would anyone venture a final score?

 

BTW, kudos to the Rocks for scheduling Cinn. X.

 

 

ram2003, I saw that 1959 Manual team play. They prevailed in a tight game against Flaget.

I realize it is far-fetched but IMO this would be a great game for Insight to televise. In broadcasting you want viewers for the advertisers and this would bring in a massive audience without a doubt.

 

Not going to happen. Ohio is Time Warner. There goes half your audience base.

I could very well be wrong.........but IMO this sure "sounds like"....the toughest test or challenge to face the Rocks with an OUT OF STATE SCHOOL............ I do not recall the past several games with the other Cincy Schools..or INdy for that matter.....where the Competition was so highly touted....................

Trinity as an underdog has done fairly well.... let's see... I'm thinking the last 2 times would be @ Male last year and vs. X for state in '05. Also, wasn't that Chaminade team from Ohio ranked in '03? Maybe my years are off....

Trinity will be fine against Cinn. X. It should be a long and difficult day for the Rocks, but ditto for Cinn. X. Reading the BGP 6A pre-season analysis and some of the knowledgeable Rock posters on this board leads to the conclusion that T is loaded and deep. So is Cinn. X. Regarding the game, can anyone inform us of areas of strength they expect one team to excel in? For example, is one team appreciably faster? Better coached? Stronger O-line? etc. Finally, would anyone venture a final score?

 

BTW, kudos to the Rocks for scheduling Cinn. X.

 

 

ram2003, I saw that 1959 Manual team play. They prevailed in a tight game against Flaget.

Pro-style sets from X with equal run pass relation. O-line has good size every year. Backs are very fast. Defense in the secondary most years is a plus for X seem to have one or two playing College ball every year. Lbs This year are very good Fred Craig is the real deal. For the rocks to win this game I think our D will have to be the difference, I do not see the Rock O scoring 30 plus points on X. I see this game much like 04 with the winner being decided in the later stages of the 4th Quarter. Rocks win 21-17.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.