Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. Cincinnati St. X ranked #1 in nation

Featured Replies

Playing and hopefully beating the number 1 team in the nation?

 

St. X tops national polls

No. 1 -- for now

 

Cincinnati St. Xavier will be rated No. 1 nationally in the preseason PrepNation.com and Rise magazine football polls, the polls' ratings editor said today.

 

Jamie DeMoney compiles the polls, with the PrepNation.com poll officially called the National Prep Poll. The NPP has been compiled weekly since 1987, making it the nation's second-oldest weekly high school sports ratings. The USA Today national ratings began in 1982.

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070801/SPT030101/708010348/

 

Trinity plays St. X Friday, September 15 in Cincinnati.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main concern is that St. X will have played two very good programs prior to us playing them.

The Bombers are loaded this year. They started a lot of underclassmen last year which is very unusual. The Rocks will have to play their best game to have a reasonable chance in this one.

Appears to be a pretty daunting assignment.........good barometer......can't say the Rocks run and hide from much........good for them.....

Welcome aboard Jim!

 

You do have to give T a lot of credit for playing such a nice schedule year in and year out.

  • Author
The Bombers are loaded this year. They started a lot of underclassmen last year which is very unusual. The Rocks will have to play their best game to have a reasonable chance in this one.

I think a lot of the Bombers' seniors started when they were sophomores and won the state title. I'm anxious to see if X will surpass the 2003 Warren Central (IN) team as the best high school team I've ever seen.

 

Has anyone else in Kentucky ever played the number 1 team in the country?

I don't think so on "a lot" of sophomores starting CR. Does anyone have any more info on this?

Idunno... 5 guys seeing time and 5 outright starters are two different things. I will dig around and see what I can find and if anyone else has anymore info that would be great.

I'll say this....word on the street is that this Trinity team has the potential to be the best we've had since 2002.....we beat a great Cincy team that year...can this year match? I sure hope so.

Has anyone else in Kentucky ever played the number 1 team in the country?

 

Not positive on this, but I believe Warren Central played Indianapolis Ben Davis the year they won the national championship...somewhere between 1991-93.

Not busy that day, looks like I might try and catch that game. Always like to see the primier KY teams play the primier Ohio teams. :thumb:

I think a lot of the Bombers' seniors started when they were sophomores and won the state title. I'm anxious to see if X will surpass the 2003 Warren Central (IN) team as the best high school team I've ever seen.

 

Has anyone else in Kentucky ever played the number 1 team in the country?

 

I'm going to guess and say NO, usually those teams are from Cali, or Texas and yes it is great that someone has finally realized that the Ohio teams are something to reckon with. I'm loving the day when more of the KY (powerhouses) 6A, start playing the Ohio teams and prove that KY has the best football in the nation.:D

One of the impressive aspects of the article is that Cincinnati has one team ranked first pre-season and another between 15-20. Does Kentucky have any team in the top 25?

 

Biotech, Trinity will have a good Bowling Green under their belt as prep for the big game.

Manual WAS the best team in the nation... in 1959 and several years before that. And since the oldest rivalry is the Male/Manual rivalry, you could say that Male falls into the category as having played the number 1 team in the nation. :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.