Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. Cincinnati St. X ranked #1 in nation

Featured Replies

Lets all try to stay focused on what has been, up till now, a very good thread regarding T vs. Cinn. X.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, they showed up. They were just reloading.

 

State Champs 2001, 2002, 2003 (time frame in question) 2005, 2006...........

 

Now about that Cincy StX and their league the GCL, those guys will take on anybody I hope that DeMatha game is on TV.

  • Author
With a questionable goal line call.. but remember that game was played in Union, KY. And personally I thought that was a down year.. Elder was good but not that great. You guys didn't break the rule :D

Now that is one of the funniest posts I've read on here in a long time. Thanks for your wit Sportz Addict. :laugh:

With a questionable goal line call.. but remember that game was played in Union, KY. And personally I thought that was a down year.. Elder was good but not that great.

DOWN YEAR....they won Ohio's big boys championship, with their only loss being to us by 24 points.....

I hope that DeMatha game is on TV.

 

It will be on ESPN at noon on Sunday, September 2.

DOWN YEAR....they won Ohio's big boys championship, with their only loss being to us by 24 points.....

 

I was also at that game in Union and Trinity was a much better than Elder that year. This is not that Elder team. There are people in Ohio who are comparing this St. X team talent wise to the '04 Colerain team, which was the best high school football team that I have ever seen.

DOWN YEAR....they won Ohio's big boys championship, with their only loss being to us by 24 points.....

 

I mean't as far as the rest of the competition for Elder in OH that year.

I was also at that game in Union and Trinity was a much better than Elder that year. This is not that Elder team. There are people in Ohio who are comparing this St. X team talent wise to the '04 Colerain team, which was the best high school football team that I have ever seen.

 

They're a good team.. but they aren't on the level of the Colerain team.

I was also at that game in Union and Trinity was a much better than Elder that year. This is not that Elder team. There are people in Ohio who are comparing this St. X team talent wise to the '04 Colerain team, which was the best high school football team that I have ever seen.

That Colerain team was more of a run team instead of a passing team. Is Cincy X the same?

That Colerain team was more of a run team instead of a passing team. Is Cincy X the same?

 

They'll be run first because of Darius Ashley, but they'll be much more balanced than any Colerain team. I think they're being compared to that Colerain in overall talent and team speed.

So let me see if I understand, if Trinity beats them all comparisons will stop and it will be another down year in Ohio high school football, but if they win, go undefeated and win the state they will be one of Ohio's all time greats.

If Cincy X wants to mainly run at us, our chances are better than if they throw 65% of the time.

CovCath kept up with them for about half a game last year, hopefully Trinity has the stamina to keep with them. The talent gap starts to show in the 2nd half (although for CovCath it was the 2nd day)

Thanks CentreRocks...Looks like a very nice stadium. And thanks to the other post about the eateries. Oh well,,,enough said, the Rocks need to prepare for the purples and bulldogs before the Cincy trip..

Just a note to the Rock fans about directions. You only have to take 2 left turns to get to Cincy Saint X. I grew up just down the street from there.

No restaurants close to the school.

 

From Down town Louisville. Take 71 north for 77 miles to 71 and 75 North.

Go North for 20 miles until the Brent Spence Bridge over Ohio River. Stay to the left and remain on 75 North. Get off at exit 9( 9 miles from River) Paddock Road Seymour Ave exit. Turn left off exit and go 1/10 mile and turn left again after going under railroad overpass. This will be North Bend Road. First light is Vine street. Second light is Fairpark ave, You are 3.6 miles away from St Xavier from this light. Go over Railroad tracks and up big hill. At top of hill the road goes into a S curve and once you pass this St X will be on the right.

Football field in back of school.

 

One tailgating suggestion is once you cross the railroad tracks on North Bend, there is a city park named Caldwell Park that has 4 baseball fields and a picnic area in the back that will hold about 50-75 cars, That might be a good place for T fans to meet before the game, tailgate there and then carpool up the hill. Just remember that it is a city park and anyone could be there. The fields are generally not used in the fall for leagues.

 

Sorry I can't join you as I will be busy that night. I saw the Elder game in Union in 1982 and remember the T faithful celebrating well into the night!!

 

Here is a link to the park via mapquest,

 

Map of 100 W North Bend Rd Cincinnati, OH 45216-1726, US

They'll be run first because of Darius Ashley, but they'll be much more balanced than any Colerain team. I think they're being compared to that Colerain in overall talent and team speed.

Thanks for the insight. Colerain had an awefully good RB, which T was able to maintain at best. From what I have seen, the Ashley kid is about the same size/speed. Should make out for a good game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.