July 16, 200719 yr I don't mind Lofton being left off, he can just focus on his Senior year. Barring an injury, he will get a shot at the NBA and that's all that really matters.
July 16, 200719 yr I don't mind Lofton being left off, he can just focus on his Senior year. Barring an injury, he will get a shot at the NBA and that's all that really matters. Good points and it may have been Lofton's decision to not play.
July 16, 200719 yr They got their info about Lofton from Tubby. :ylsuper: That was my first thought to a tee!
July 16, 200719 yr Good points and it may have been Lofton's decision to not play. If that's the case why did he tryout?
July 16, 200719 yr He can play point as well, correct? Exactly... they play different positions. The other SG's that made the team were Wayne Ellington, Shan Foster, and Kyle Weaver. So if you are going to make a case to put Lofton on the team, one needs to remover one of these three.
July 16, 200719 yr He can play point as well, correct? Not being able to play the point is and will always be Lofton's weakness when it comes to continuing his career after college. But still think he will find a home in the NBA as a 6th or 7th man shooting specialist.
July 16, 200719 yr I would take Lofton. Lofton averages more points, steals, and rebounds than Neitzel. Lofton shoots better from the field and from 3 point range, and he is so clutch, I would much rather have Lofton. Neitzel is tough and a very good point guard, but Lofton is one heck of a shooter and all around basketball player.
July 16, 200719 yr I would take Lofton. Lofton averages more points, steals, and rebounds than Neitzel. Lofton shoots better from the field and from 3 point range, and he is so clutch, I would much rather have Lofton. Neitzel is tough and a very good point guard, but Lofton is one heck of a shooter and all around basketball player. Lofton is not a PG. See post #22.
July 16, 200719 yr NBA scouts already know he cant play point. There was a thread on this a while back and many from Mason thought I was insane for saying that Lofton cant and wont play point at the next level.
July 16, 200719 yr Lofton may have simply not had a very good tryout. Who knows. But 1 thing is for sure. Lofton is a gamer who Id love to have on my team.
July 16, 200719 yr I hope Jay Wright dosen't have a call in show....... Everyone is getting ready to do a 10 minute spot on the "Passing Over Chris Lofton" story this fall. Tubby has already called Wright to welcome him to the club......
July 17, 200719 yr Lofton may have simply not had a very good tryout. Who knows. But 1 thing is for sure. Lofton is a gamer who Id love to have on my team. That was the word I heard. Reports were that he did not play or shoot well. If that is the case I have no problem taking Nietzel. He is a player. Just dont see taking 2 kids from Oregon and the 2 from Washington State. And before everyone roast me it has nothing to do with them being from the same team. I just think there are better players out there. Was it Lofton? Evidently not. As he did not impress.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.