Who will be the next football coach at Henderson County?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some things to add:

1. The Coach from Ohio may be getting cold feet.

2. Marty Jaggers is showing interest but I don't think he has applied.

3. Pure speculation here but I will call Mike Jackson the favorite at this point.

I think that Mike Jackson would do an excellent job at Henderson! He does work with all of the local coaches in eastern Ky to help out the kids. This is why we are all in the coaching profession, because everyone knows that we are not getting rich coaching high school football. LOL

3. Pure speculation here but I will call Mike Jackson the favorite at this point.

Can't afford Jaggers...he gets all the tax $ at Mercer!

Can't afford Jaggers...he gets all the tax $ at Mercer!

Jaggars would be stupid to leave Mercer...specially if it is what you say allusedup. He just won a state title, he doesn't do much teaching, he has the option of working on football stuff all day if he wants, excellent facilities, I'm sure a great budget, and he gets paid almost as much as a Super. What more can a coach want?

Personally, i'd like to see Henderson co hire from within on an interim basis for one season only. We need a great, high caliber coach to compete with the likes of Male, Trinity & St. X & we aren't likely to find one this late.

Personally, i'd like to see Henderson co hire from within on an interim basis for one season only. We need a great, high caliber coach to compete with the likes of Male, Trinity & St. X & we aren't likely to find one this late.[/quote

Mike Jackson has competed vs. these teams. Although he has never beat these teams above (many have not been able to do that) he has played against them with a small 4A school population (so small that Oldham Co. dropped down to 3A for a couple of years). Henderson Co. would be like combining Oldham and South Oldham (about 2300 kids). I can assure you Mike Jackson can coach. I am not saying he is getting the Henderson Co. (or if he has applied) but the guy can coach football. He is big into the FOOTBALL PROGRAM not just one or two years. He is a guy who has great discipline. I think the people of Henderson Co. would really like him as the coach. I know I would have no problem letting him coach my kids because he cares about the kids.

Henderson County will not hire within. There are no qualified candidates that are currently on the staff. Brian Bobbitt, who worked as an assitant last year, resigned and and is currently conducting workouts, and is not in the picure as a candidate, although some say he has applied

They are participating in seven on seven in Owensboro this weekend and at WKU next week.

They have a dire situation with assistants. Five have resigned since last season (including Bobbitt), and they have only one left that is a school district employee. So, as good as hiring within might sound, it ain't gonna happen. If the program was where it needed to be, with quality assistants, that might be good logic.

Good news is, there are some very good applicants and the hire will happen within the next week.

That's going to make it difficult, especially with the dead period coming up. But that's the hand that they have been dealt and they'll have got deal with it.

One of the key elements to the new hire is the flexibility to hire some help. I think you'll see an administration that will be helpful in getting some assistants who are also ulltime teachers.