Who will be the next football coach at Henderson County?

I can assure you Mike Jackson can coach. I am not saying he is getting the Henderson Co. (or if he has applied) but the guy can coach football. He is big into the FOOTBALL PROGRAM not just one or two years.

One would have trouble convincing the Pikeville people of this right now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would have trouble convincing the Pikeville people of this right now.

I understand what you are saying but he has upgraded the weightrooms, training methods, technology, youth leagues, and many other things. I would say has made a great deal of impact on P-Ville football for many years to come. By the way I think Pikeville is a great school, community and football program.

Really don't know anything about Mike Jackson, im sure he is a great coach. My hats off to Brian & Josh Boston for keeping the ship afloat. It's gonna b tough to get the cailber of coach that we had in such a dealine situation. Whatever your opinion's about either Duffy was, they can flat out prepare a team to play thier opponent. Perhaps im biased, as the Duffy's were the only coaching staff i ever helped. I just can't imaging anyone outworking them, Some really big shoes to fill in that regard. I know, i have seen it for 9 seasons.

Really don't know anything about Mike Jackson, im sure he is a great coach. My hats off to Brian & Josh Boston for keeping the ship afloat. It's gonna b tough to get the cailber of coach that we had in such a dealine situation. Whatever your opinion's about either Duffy was, they can flat out prepare a team to play thier opponent. Perhaps im biased, as the Duffy's were the only coaching staff i ever helped. I just can't imaging anyone outworking them, Some really big shoes to fill in that regard. I know, i have seen it for 9 seasons.

As far as the outworking thing, you might be right about other coaches or coaching staffs outworking the Duffy's, but I would be hard pressed to believe that their arent others out there that dont match/share their work ethic.

Like them or not, their track records speak for themselves. Tom was a great coach and still would be if he chose to ever coach again, and as far as Duffer goes, he is well on his way to the same type of success. I wish him nothing but the best down in Alabama and wherever else his career might lead!

Jeff Carlberg at Apollo is in the mix.

As an Apollo fan, I hope that Henderson goes another direction. Carlberg is 13-10 in 2 seasons leading the Eagles. Not too bad considering that he is running much more of a passing system than did Dan Gooch.

I've also been impressed with the support that he has shown for some of the other programs at Apollo. Its not uncommon to see him at the basketball and baseball games. I know he has required his team to attend a few of the baseball games.

I know Curtis Higgins was a name mentioned when Duffer Duffy was going through his inseason troubles at Henderson. Can't see him leaving Fern Creek high and dry but you never know. I wonder if Marty Jaggers is interested. I know he wanted a shot at the Trigg County job but didn't get interviewed.

Higgins main reason for taking the Fern Creek job was to get back to where his family is in Louisville, no chance he would go to Henderson....I heard Bauer is in the mix but cannot imagine its true, although he did just resign from Waggener a job he just took a couple of months ago. Lawson replaced him at BC he isn't going back there.

Higgins main reason for taking the Fern Creek job was to get back to where his family is in Louisville, no chance he would go to Henderson...
Higgins would have been very interested at Henderson a few months ago. Anyone around Trigg's program knows that his primary reason for looking to get out of there was a beef with some in the administration.

I have heard they are down to four finalist. I am told that Gordon Powers did apply but he did not make the final cut. Powers is a love/hate guy, either you love him or you hate him and some people in Hendo don't love him.

I am told Jaggers did not apply but he was contacted by one of the powers that be from Hendo about the job.

Depending on who you talk to I have been told that both Carlberg and Coverdale have shown interest in the job but neither of them formally applied for the position. However, if someone has better info on this topic please set us all straight.

I have heard they are down to four finalist. I am told that Gordon Powers did apply but he did not make the final cut. Powers is a love/hate guy, either you love him or you hate him and some people in Hendo don't love him.

I am told Jaggers did not apply but he was contacted by one of the powers that be from Hendo about the job.

Depending on who you talk to I have been told that both Carlberg and Coverdale have shown interest in the job but neither of them formally applied for the position. However, if someone has better info on this topic please set us all straight.

So who are the four finalists???