Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs

Which of the following are Elite? (Basketball) 869 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the following are Elite? (Basketball)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If the question is elite NOW, then these are the 5 I selected:

 

UNC

Duke

Florida

UConn

Michigan St.

 

 

That's what I want to know. What time frame are we talking about?

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, how come no Louisville in the poll?

What has UK done the last 9 years?

 

Probably won the 3rd or 4th most ball games during that time. Been to 3 Elite 8s. And hey if you want to go back 1 more year you see a National Title. Also UK has won several conference titles during that time.

 

That is basically what I did for this list. I took the past 10 years as well as programs who had been very good in the recent past (Florida and UCLA) and made my list.

I dont know if I would put Michigan State in there
Since the '99 Final Four, Michigan St has been to 4 Final Fours, including a three year run that also bagged them a title. That's a good run.
No I am looking at the last few years basically along with tradition. IU has had 1 really good season in the past what 12 years. Now, I do think IU is on the right track and will be great in the upcoming seasons. And Ohio St has not been very good until the last couple seasons. And while UK has had 2 mediocre years and UConn has had a bad year, they had really good teams in the recent past.

 

Ohio State went to the final four in 1999, and the championship game this year.

Probably won the 3rd or 4th most ball games during that time. Been to 3 Elite 8s. And hey if you want to go back 1 more year you see a National Title. Also UK has won several conference titles during that time.

 

That is basically what I did for this list. I took the past 10 years as well as programs who had been very good in the recent past (Florida and UCLA) and made my list.

But no Michigan St on your list?
Since the '99 Final Four, Michigan St has been to 4 Final Fours, including a three year run that also bagged them a title. That's a good run.

 

yeah, true, a very good run

Michigan St. belongs on the list as much as any of the other programs.

 

Recent success Florida is obviously tops. UNC,Duke and Uconn also have had some nice teams recently.

another team thats elite, as of now, is Syracuse, since 2000 they have went 201-71, thats over .700, going to the NCAA tournament 6 times and the NIT 2times. They got to the sweet 16 in 2003-2004. 1 national championship, and 2 big east championships.

  • Author
another team thats elite, as of now, is Syracuse, since 2000 they have went 201-71, thats over .700, going to the NCAA tournament 6 times and the NIT 2times. They got to the sweet 16 in 2003-2004. 1 national championship, and 2 big east championships.
I voted for Syracuse, but I don't consider just what you listed enough to be Elite.

 

I think you all are mistaken. I don't think Elite status is something that comes and goes so easily. Anyone who doesn't put Syracuse or Indiana or Arizona or Kansas in there is just wrong.

 

All of those schools are in the Top 10 -15 ALL TIME in wins (I'm guessing there but I would assume that's correct). They have National Championships, they have multiple conference championships, they are constantly (good or bad years included) in on the good recruits, and have some of the biggest fan bases in the country. They are elite.

 

UC hasn't done anything in 6 years, they are Elite, for the reasons I listed above.

They have National Championships, they have multiple conference championships, they are constantly (good or bad years included) in on the good recruits, and have some of the biggest fan bases in the country. They are elite.

 

Flash in the pans are not Elite, Elite does not just cover 1,2,5,10 years, it is a status that is way too hard to lose (or gain) during a 2-5 year period of mediocrity.

I put IU, UK, UNC, KU, Duke, UCLA.

 

Thinking back now I would not rule MSU out either. But the 6 that I voted imo are no doubt elite programs.

I voted Indiana, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, UCLA and Kansas. Syracuse, Michigan St., UConn and Arizona are on the cusp...

Ohio State went to the final four in 1999, and the championship game this year.

 

But they were really bad in some of the years in between that, which is the reason I left them off.

Michigan St probably is still elite as well.

Louisville is not on the list to pick from??? Why? Most these teams are in the elite though in terms of total resume.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.