Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elite Programs

Which of the following are Elite? (Basketball) 869 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the following are Elite? (Basketball)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What say you? Vote for all the programs you think are Elite.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Elite now? Elite over their entire history? Need some guidelines.
Poll coming, hold on!
Elite now? Elite over their entire history? Need some guidelines.

??? I agree, two totally different votes here. For instance, Florida is certainly an elite team now, but definately not over the history of the program.

  • Author

I don't think there's a difference. For the sake of argument we'll say now.

UNC, UK, Duke, Kansas, UF, and UConn are the schools I chose.

 

Ohio St and IU, I believe in another year will be considered elite IMO.

the only real elite teams on there, are UCLA, UK, IU, Duke, and UNC, Marquette will never be an elite team, and neither will Stanford

  • Author
UNC, UK, Duke, Kansas, UF, and UConn are the schools I chose.

 

Ohio St and IU, I believe in another year will be considered elite IMO.

So, UConn and UK are Elite always but other programs need really good years in a row to be Elite?

 

How can anyone not include UCLA? They are clearly an Elite program. What, 11 National Titles? Two Final Fours in a row? Come on...anyone that thinks Elite status runs year to year, and puts UK in and not UCLA is clearly misunderstanding the term.

If the question is elite NOW, then these are the 5 I selected:

 

UNC

Duke

Florida

UConn

Michigan St.

So, UConn and UK are Elite always but other programs need really good years in a row to be Elite?

No I am looking at the last few years basically along with tradition. IU has had 1 really good season in the past what 12 years. Now, I do think IU is on the right track and will be great in the upcoming seasons. And Ohio St has not been very good until the last couple seasons. And while UK has had 2 mediocre years and UConn has had a bad year, they had really good teams in the recent past.

BTW, I forgot to list UCLA, I had picked them in the poll, but forgot to list them in the post.

If the question is elite NOW, then these are the 5 I selected:

 

UNC

Duke

Florida

UConn

Michigan St.

 

I dont know if I would put Michigan State in there

  • Author
No I am looking at the last few years basically along with tradition. IU has had 1 really good season in the past what 12 years. Now, I do think IU is on the right track and will be great in the upcoming seasons. And Ohio St has not been very good until the last couple seasons. And while UK has had 2 mediocre years and UConn has had a bad year, they had really good teams in the recent past.
What has UK done the last 9 years?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.