Bellevue's bermuda

I think i read on here somewhere that Bellevue is getting a new grass. Shouldn't they be getting going on this before it gets to hot and dry? I would think they may want some of the roots to get established before football season or they are going to be in the same boat they are in now. Any insight from anyone?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the development in Bellevue and the tax base growing, I expect that we will see the plastic stuff in a few years. Heck, I expect another tiger stadium on the water front..

Nah, Gilligan Stadium is one of the oldest stadiums in the Commonwealth and they won't be moving anytime soon. Plus, land on the riverfront is for PROFIT only. I think if they get turf it will be nice but I am still a big fan of smelling fresh cut grass on a Friday night so if they can keep it natural and still nice I say keep it.

How is Bellvevue's little league football program? The last I heard it was really struggling. Do they play their games @ Gilligan?

Turf might be best to support the play from little league, highschool practice and games...

Doesn't that field flood really bad a couple times a year? .I'm not sure turf would work in that location unless they they took care of the flooding problen and i'm sure that would be expensive.

Doesn't that field flood really bad a couple times a year? .I'm not sure turf would work in that location unless they they took care of the flooding problen and i'm sure that would be expensive.

It only floods once every three or four years. Still too risky for turf.

Newport will flood as well from time to time but they have done a great job with there new complex to somewhat prevent this... The water just does not flow out of bellevue as well as does newport stadium

I would like to think the H2O problem at Gilligan can be corrected. I wish my community had the tax base that Bellevue has now and will certainly have in the near future with the development of their riverfront properties. I say upgrade the facility and they will come... or more importantly, they will stay!

Dayton will have the same luxuary down the road and should be able to make similar upgrades as their tax base develops.

Both communities are very deserving and it will be fun to see their sports teams become competitive due to increased student enrollments and new sports venues.

How is Bellvevue's little league football program? The last I heard it was really struggling. Do they play their games @ Gilligan?

Turf might be best to support the play from little league, highschool practice and games...

It used to be that NKYFL played five games a year, 4 divisions, at the corresponding high school but that practice has been discontinued for quite a few years. Now they just play two dates and possible a preseason game, though most of the times even those are conducted at practice fields. The impact on the high school fields from the NKYFL is minimal.

The Bellevue Tigers usually have at least one team doing well in the pee wee ranks. Not sure where you got your info, but most teams run hot and cold over the years. A few down years would be nothing knew for any of the teams.

Does Bellevue have a middle school team now? If so, that could explain alot seeing as they are a 1A school.

The Bellevue Tigers usually have at least one team doing well in the pee wee ranks. Not sure where you got your info, but most teams run hot and cold over the years. A few down years would be nothing knew for any of the teams.

A few years ago the Bellevue NKYFL recruited or attempted to recruit from the Ft Thomas elementary schools. The word at the time was their numbers were down and they needed more players. I also heard from others that the program was not in the best of shape. Again, that was at least 3 - 4 years ago. Hopefully things have improved...