April 24, 200719 yr Alex Leigon will probably start the season not on the bench! He's too good and Billy G won't care if your a senior or sophmore, if the frosh can play then he'll play!
April 24, 200719 yr Gillispie signs Parade All-American guard Alex Legion By Jerry Tipton Parade All-American Alex Legion signed with Kentucky on Tuesday to become the first high-profile recruit in the Billy Gillispie era. Legion, a 6-foot-5 guard from Detroit, also had been considering UCLA and Michigan. He signed with Michigan in the fall before changing his mind when the school fired Tommy Amaker as coach. The commitment came the week after Legion and his mother visited the UK campus. “They both just felt that was the place,” said Steve Smith, who coached Legion for Oak Hill Academy. Legion will join a UK team that includes several veteran guards: seniors Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley, plus sophomores Jodie Meeks, Derrick Jasper and Michael Porter. “He’s not worried about playing time,” Smith said of Legion. “He said, ‘I just want to play for Kentucky.’ “He has no illusions of starting. He’s not been told he would start.” A top-30 national prospect, Legion will bring a reputation for dead-eye shooting. Smith noted that Legion needed to work on his ball handling but possessed the kind of work ethic to improve. After noting Legion’s regular 6:15 a.m. workouts, the Oak Hill coach said, “He’s not going to be shocked when he gets to college with the running and conditioning. He’s used to it.” UK continues to pursue two other high-profile prospects: McDonald’s All-Americans Patrick Patterson and Jai Lucas.
April 24, 200719 yr Gillispie signs Parade All-American guard Alex Legion By Jerry Tipton Parade All-American Alex Legion signed with Kentucky on Tuesday to become the first high-profile recruit in the Billy Gillispie era. Legion, a 6-foot-5 guard from Detroit, also had been considering UCLA and Michigan. He signed with Michigan in the fall before changing his mind when the school fired Tommy Amaker as coach. The commitment came the week after Legion and his mother visited the UK campus. “They both just felt that was the place,” said Steve Smith, who coached Legion for Oak Hill Academy. Legion will join a UK team that includes several veteran guards: seniors Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley, plus sophomores Jodie Meeks, Derrick Jasper and Michael Porter. “He’s not worried about playing time,” Smith said of Legion. “He said, ‘I just want to play for Kentucky.’ “He has no illusions of starting. He’s not been told he would start.” A top-30 national prospect, Legion will bring a reputation for dead-eye shooting. Smith noted that Legion needed to work on his ball handling but possessed the kind of work ethic to improve. After noting Legion’s regular 6:15 a.m. workouts, the Oak Hill coach said, “He’s not going to be shocked when he gets to college with the running and conditioning. He’s used to it.” UK continues to pursue two other high-profile prospects: McDonald’s All-Americans Patrick Patterson and Jai Lucas. Nice read.
April 24, 200719 yr Lucas and Patterson better get on board before the boat fills up. This is great news, a player some of us had never heard of, mainly because he was already signed ends up a Wildcat way to go BillyG.
April 24, 200719 yr You left out Stewart who I think is going to be better than most expect. I knew I had forgotten someone. I think he will be good.
April 24, 200719 yr Who is this sanchez kid you all keep talking about, I have looked every where for him, and i can not find him.
April 24, 200719 yr MAN I AM SO EXCITED I DON"T CARE WHO STARTS IT LOOKS LIKE WE MAY NOT HAVE A REBUILDING YEAR TO SUFFER THROUGH. GO CATS
April 24, 200719 yr Great pickup for the Wildcats!! It will be fun to see who the other two signees are.
April 24, 200719 yr I use to hate this time of the year! Billy G has changed that for me (at least for one year). I was beginning to think that UK was going down the tubes when it came to recruiting... Now I see some effort from the leader and realize it can be done! YEAH BILLY G bring em home!
April 24, 200719 yr There is an old saying that says, "It's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Billy's and Joe's."
April 24, 200719 yr “He’s not worried about playing time,” Smith said of Legion. “He said, ‘I just want to play for Kentucky.’ “He has no illusions of starting. He’s not been told he would start.” Sounds too good to be true...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.