April 24, 200719 yr Not so sure about that one. He isn't good when the game is on the line and he has a major attitude problem that hurts the team chemistry. :confused: He and Meeks are the only two that seem to actually care if they win or not.
April 24, 200719 yr He is either here today or comes in tomorrow I believe. I like our chances with Sanchez.
April 24, 200719 yr :confused: He and Meeks are the only two that seem to actually care if they win or not. He may care if they win, but he tries to do to much when the game on the line. He would rather be fancy than fundamentals. Bradley is good but I couldn't say I wouldn't get ridof him for someone else though!
April 24, 200719 yr Stewart over Carter??? Coach Clyde was impressed with Jared. I hope he's improved drastically...I'm sure Coach has said he's been impressed by everyone... Do you think he would openly critisize one of his carryovers at this point? I wouldn't think so...
April 24, 200719 yr I hope he's improved drastically...I'm sure Coach has said he's been impressed by everyone... Do you think he would openly critisize one of his carryovers at this point? I wouldn't think so... I wouldnt think he would do that but I think that Carter would be a better fit at this point than Stewart who hasnt even played one second of a college game yet.
April 24, 200719 yr I wouldnt think he would do that but I think that Carter would be a better fit at this point than Stewart who hasnt even played one second of a college game yet. Maybe Stevenson instead of Stewart, but, from what I've seen of Carter, which I admit, hasn't been that much, I've just been less than impressed. I think Woo was much better and he wasn't anything to write home about.
April 24, 200719 yr Not so sure about that one. He isn't good when the game is on the line and he has a major attitude problem that hurts the team chemistry. This is as far from the truth as possible. Major attitude problem? Name me one instance where this was presented. He hustles and was more passionate than any player on the team last year. I'm not saying he's an All-American because at points he did struggle, but to label him as having a major attitude problem is wrong, plain and simple.
April 24, 200719 yr Maybe Stevenson instead of Stewart, but, from what I've seen of Carter, which I admit, hasn't been that much, I've just been less than impressed. I think Woo was much better and he wasn't anything to write home about. I think Carter has 10x the instincts that Woo did. Remember, this coming season will be his sophmore year. With some good coaching I look for him to be a very solid contributor.
April 24, 200719 yr The bottom line with Smooth.....He just isn't very good.....He acts like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and he's not even one of the best two players on his team.
April 24, 200719 yr Maybe Stevenson instead of Stewart, but, from what I've seen of Carter, which I admit, hasn't been that much, I've just been less than impressed. I think Woo was much better and he wasn't anything to write home about. Wow I dont know if I will say that! I mean do you remember HOW BAD Woo was his first THREE years here. I never remember him doing anything remotely close to be even called good till a couple of games this year..Even though Carter has barely played he had shown more actual basketball knowledge than Woo ever did in his first couple of years, and as Mobaar said he is coming off a Redshirt year. So he should hopefully be better now...
April 24, 200719 yr The bottom line with Smooth.....He just isn't very good.....He acts like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and he's not even one of the best two players on his team. If he isn't one of the best two players then who are? I would say Meeks and Bradley are. Now should Crawford be one of the best players on the team definitely, but someone who is selfish and doesn't play hard every game is someone who cant be one of the best players on the team IMO..Yeah I admit there is times he does some VERY STUPID things. However I will take those things as long as he is given his all every game like he does. Also I mean its not like we had many other options to give the ball too, for most of the year we only had 3 guys on the court who could score...
April 24, 200719 yr Not so sure about that one. He isn't good when the game is on the line and he has a major attitude problem that hurts the team chemistry. Besides Meeks there isn't anyone who is good with the game is on the line..We seen Crawford screw up late games, and try to shoot the ball over triple teams at the end of games just to air ball it..Bradley though got us back into that Florida game single handily, and created a very good shot to try to tie the game in onther game where he got into the lane, but he just did finish on the little turnaround jumped. So honestly besides for Meeks, Bradley is probably one of are best options at the end of games. And as for the major attitude problem you talked about, I am not even going to say much about that because that makes no sense at all. I dont see how at all that you think it creates a chemistry problem. What he does is actually be the only leader we have on this team as of right now...
April 24, 200719 yr If he isn't one of the best two players then who are? I would say Meeks and Bradley are. Now should Crawford be one of the best players on the team definitely, but someone who is selfish and doesn't play hard every game is someone who cant be one of the best players on the team IMO..Yeah I admit there is times he does some VERY STUPID things. However I will take those things as long as he is given his all every game like he does. Also I mean its not like we had many other options to give the ball too, for most of the year we only had 3 guys on the court who could score... I wouldn't have a problem with him if he didn't act like he was amazing. He's not one of the top 15-20 players in the conference. He's average at best, but has the demeanor and attitude of the POY. He has to be one of my most disliked players in the entire country. I absolutely can't stand watching him play.
April 24, 200719 yr Wow I dont know if I will say that! I mean do you remember HOW BAD Woo was his first THREE years here. I never remember him doing anything remotely close to be even called good till a couple of games this year..Even though Carter has barely played he had shown more actual basketball knowledge than Woo ever did in his first couple of years, and as Mobaar said he is coming off a Redshirt year. So he should hopefully be better now... Woo actually started quite a few games his Freshman and sophomore years. His jr year, he hardly got off the bench, but, I think he showed quite a bit of promise and actually was a big spark off the bench this past year and had several good games...I hope you're right about Carter, because I haven't seen that much of him, but, Woo ran the court better, set better screens and played good defense. These are things I hope Carter can do, but, he'll even have to be a better rebounder and scorer with what UK has coming back...
April 24, 200719 yr Woo actually started quite a few games his Freshman and sophomore years. His jr year, he hardly got off the bench, but, I think he showed quite a bit of promise and actually was a big spark off the bench this past year and had several good games...I hope you're right about Carter, because I haven't seen that much of him, but, Woo ran the court better, set better screens and played good defense. These are things I hope Carter can do, but, he'll even have to be a better rebounder and scorer with what UK has coming back... So your saying Woo started as a freshman when we had the #1 overall seed in the country for the tournament. The starting lineup for that year was pg Hawkins sg Fitch sf Azubuike pf Hayes C Daniels Woo did play but very little that year, and his sophomore year he didn't play much at all, because Shag stole alot of his minutes off the bench..Then his jr year he played some early until Morris came back, but didn't do anything good except for the UL game when he played...Also you talk about him playing good defense is not true. His first 3 years here anytime he was in the game he would always end up fouling his man, and was a terrible rebounder he couldn't jump and always had things bounce off his hands. Woo his senior year was 10 times better than he ever was his first 3 years here, but it still was not that good. Dont let what he did his senior year, clould your judgement of what he was his first 3 years, because his first 3 years he did really bad, and Carter even in his little time he played showed that he definitely has more basketball knowledge, and could contribute more than Woo did in his first few years...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.