Dalton Cissell video

I give time2punt some crap from time to time .. just natural rival school but this would be my honest assessment.

My first question is are you Dalton because man you are all over him.

My honest assessment is he will never play division 1 football at Tailback. If he adds 30 lbs he would have a shot at fullback. I've seen 4 full games of his including the last two against Bullitt East. (note I am only basing my opinion on those 4 games so I haven't seen his best or his worst probably)

If he doesn't have a big first quarter he will disappear sometimes. He doesn't go up the middle very well. He has great lateral speed getting to the outside and he has enough strength to break hs level corners. Yards gained in HS doesn't really mean a heck of a lot.

As far as comparision goes, IMO he is on the level of Corey Rakes if not a little better and Rakes will be playing safety at Air Force not running back. I would think Reynolds would have the brighter future in college than Cissell. He would have been better served staying at Central and playing against a higher level of competition.

I hate to be negative against a kid but that is my honest assessment of him. He doesn't have the skill set to play D1 at tailback.

Reynolds on the other hand with the ability he has to play any skill position and IMO much better game time speed, has a shot at D1. Without Reynolds North Bullitt is a .500 team. Without Cissell IMO you are still a 7-3, 8-2 team.

If I were an East coach instead of an East fan I would concentrate on stopping Reynolds.

Funny about the rivals videos .. because if the videos on Robert Hughes are 1/2 as accurate as they appear then he might gain 4724 yards next year at Notre Dame.

Or look at Noel Devine's videos .. if they are true he might be the next Barry Sanders LOL

1st, not related. Just a person close to his situation that feels this kid deserves to get some attention because of his love of the game and his tremendous work ethic. Would compare him to Corey Rakes in his passion to get better. 2nd, I feel he will probably end up playing fullback in college and make a pretty good one some day at the D1 level somewhere. Like Rakes, he is a good student that will help as well. 3rd, he never went to Central, his brother did. Finally, I would say that, given the choice, North would be more successful with Cissell running the ball with another QB than with Reynolds at QB with another RB. Luckily, North will have both next year and will give teams a lot of headaches trying to stop them both. The East game last year was a good example of what they can do together. As I said on this site prior to that game. That is, East would have trouble stopping both of them. North won with Cissell and Reynolds combining for over 300 yds of offense.

PS. There were rumors about Rakes as well as I remember. He just went about his business and it worked out well for him.

• 1 month later...
Looks like a very good back, but I didn't see the speed I expected after hearing about him. Perhaps you could include some clips of him creating seperation when he gets into the open field.

Cissell ran a electronic timed 4.5 at the SPARQ testing in Louisvile on June 2.