April 11, 200719 yr I think Billy G is a top 20, but no way should he be a top 10 at this point. IMO He was a missed layup away from the Elite 8 this year, coaching a school that had exactly THREE NCAA Tourney wins before his arrival.
April 11, 200719 yr He was a missed layup away from the Elite 8 this year, coaching a school that had exactly THREE NCAA Tourney wins before his arrival. He was also 0-2 against Coach Knight this year. I guess Coach Knight still knows how to coach a little bit. Like I said before, this list is a joke. It is a "media-darling" list.
April 11, 200719 yr Author He was also 0-2 against Coach Knight this year. I guess Coach Knight still knows how to coach a little bit. Like I said before, this list is a joke. It is a "media-darling" list. Yeah, but it's made for pretty good discussion so far, and I'm sure that was probably his intent to begin with.
April 11, 200719 yr He was also 0-2 against Coach Knight this year. I guess Coach Knight still knows how to coach a little bit. Like I said before, this list is a joke. It is a "media-darling" list. He also beat Bill Self, Rick Barnes, and Rick Pitino. Whats your point? Knight should certainly have been on the list, IMO, but its not my list.
April 11, 200719 yr Coach Knight is a good coach, but he is out of touch. The best players will not respond to him now. He is not on the same level now as Donovan, Coach K, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, etc. I think Kelvin Sampson, Bruce Pearl, and John Thompson III are very good coaches who did not make the list. Also I think Jim Calhoun is too high.
April 12, 200719 yr Has Knight just quit coaching or what? NO Respect. The all time winningest coach with three championships doesnt crack the top ten.:madman:
April 12, 200719 yr How can he win at such a rate? 2 games per year against each of these teams: Santa Clara San Diego Saint Mary's San Francisco Loyola Marymount Portland Pepperdine Few's record is hardly comparable to any coach in a major conference. By the way, he lost to Saint Mary's, Loyola-Marymount, and at home to Santa Clara this year. One word, parody! He has to recruit the same caliber of kids that he faces every night, the key is that he wins with the ones he lands and his non conference schedule has to be one of the tougher ones in the country that way he can get on TV baby.
April 12, 200719 yr Everyone knows that Coach K is the best coach of the last 25 years...and is really behind Smith, Knight, and Wooden.
April 12, 200719 yr Everyone knows that Coach K is the best coach of the last 25 years...and is really behind Smith, Knight, and Wooden. And ahead of Rupp?
April 12, 200719 yr ^ Sorry....no, not yet...but IMO Rupp would be last of those...he coached in a completely different era.
April 12, 200719 yr This list is stupid. Any list of top coaches that doesn't have Boeheim and Knight in the top 10 is just stupid.
April 12, 200719 yr Roy Williams in at #2!!!! Bill Gill in at #10 Ricky P in at #5 Does anybody else but me keep forgetting that Louisville made it to the final 4 in '05?? (of course you Cardinal lovers don't so this question is not directed towards you.) Honestly, I read that. And the first thing that came to mind was, "they made the final 4 in 05???:confused: " So to answer your question yes.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.