Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SI's Top 10 college coaches

Featured Replies

I think it looks like a pretty good list, but I wonder how some will explain this since the national media hates UK. :p

 

 

 

 

Top 10 coaches

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Where's Tubby?

 

 

In Minnesota. :D

Roy Williams in at #2!!!!

 

Bill Gill in at #10

 

Ricky P in at #5

 

 

Does anybody else but me keep forgetting that Louisville made it to the final 4 in '05?? (of course you Cardinal lovers don't so this question is not directed towards you.)

I know that I sound like I am Billy G hating but I am not. UK made that list because of the tradition IMO. I feel like the honorable mention FEW should have made that list. The only reason that he isnt on that list is because his program isnt as noticeable as UK. Mark Few could run any program on the top ten list but he has turned down several coaching offers to stay at Gonzaga for his family. The man can coach. Who else can win at Gonzaga like he has. He has the 3-4 highest win percentage of active coaches or was the fastest coach to 200 wins or something like that. ESPN did a special on him. Remarkable coach.

I can agree with this list, but I would move Howland up to #4. He is an awesom coach!

Good list. Excellent coaches on there. Also, some excellent ones who just missed the top ten.

  • Author
Roy Williams in at #2!!!!

 

Bill Gill in at #10

 

Ricky P in at #5

 

 

Does anybody else but me keep forgetting that Louisville made it to the final 4 in '05?? (of course you Cardinal lovers don't so this question is not directed towards you.)

 

 

 

I'm not sure I see your point here. Are you saying that Ricky P should be higher on the list?

How about those Dukies!!!!

Has Knight just quit coaching or what?

I'm not sure I see your point here. Are you saying that Ricky P should be higher on the list?

 

Nope. All I am saying is I forgot Louisville made it to the final four in '05. I was wondering if anybody else besides the Cardinal lovers had forgotten. That's it.

This lists are rediculous pop culture lists.

Are you serious?:lol:

Sadly....He probably is.

  • Author
Has Knight just quit coaching or what?

 

 

From the article.

 

 

 

Much like I've done the past two seasons for football, the following list is an attempt to rank the sport's top-10 coaches right now. It is not a career-achievement list, so while a coach's track record obviously plays a huge part in his reputation, more weight was placed on his most recent performances (sorry, Lute Olson). Similarly, only those who have been head coaches for at least three seasons were considered (sorry, Anthony Grant).

As for the criteria, winning championships and getting to Final Fours is the benchmark by which all college coaches are judged. But I also placed added value on coaches who get more out of less, have recently rebuilt programs or whose imprint is clearly visible in the way their teams play.

 

 

 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/04/11/top.coaches/index.html

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.