Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SI's Top 10 college coaches

Featured Replies

IMO, Bill Self is nowhwere near the top 10 coaches in the country.

 

And Billy G is? He has not accomplished anything yet.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok he beat him this year. :rolleyes: Dean Smith had a winning record against Rupp, but I would bet you think Rupp is the better coach. Billy has been a head coach in the college ranks for 4-5 years and I just don't think he is a top 10 coach. Is he an up and comer? Yes, Will he be a top 10 coach? Who knows. These list are a bunch of BS anyway.

Don't forget Tubby has a winning record against Ricky P...:sssh: :lol: Sorry had to do it...

And Billy G is? He has not accomplished anything yet.

He has accomplished a lot more then Self has with LESS talent and tradition...There is a BIG difference...Why do you hate UK so bad???

And Billy G is? He has not accomplished anything yet.

:lol: I thought you said Billy D at first, I was like, uh...

He has accomplished a lot more then Self has with LESS talent and tradition.

 

He was also the guy bringing in all Self's talent for several years.

He was also the guy bringing in all Self's talent for several years.

:thumb: I would take him over Self any day...I heard that A LOT of Kansas fans are not big on this guy...

So you think when he does get to the final four, he won't be as good of a coach anymore?;)

 

Exactly!! Just kidding, I plain out wasn't paying attention to his post.

He coached in a different era but what difference does that make? You could argue that Wooden be ahead of Rupp but that would be about it. Rupp has more titles than Knight, Smith and Coach K. Also Rupp's winning percentage is higher than any coach in NCAA history that has 500 or more wins with a winning percentage of .822 for his career. Even if someone is a UK hater they cannot deny Rupp to be in the top two at least unless they are blinded by their hatred of UK basketball.

I know he is up there...though I think he would have a much tougher road to hoe in the last 30 years of college basketball.

I think he would have been just fine over the last thirty years and the next thirty years. The truly great ones have the ability to adapt.

I think he would have been just fine over the last thirty years and the next thirty years. The truly great ones have the ability to adapt.

Well that's one thing that we'll never know with ADOLPH...huh, that's funny.

:lol: I thought you said Billy D at first, I was like, uh...

 

 

Who is Billy D??? :lol: j/k

Well that's one thing that we'll never know with ADOLPH...huh, that's funny.

No, I guess we won't know, just like we won't know how Wooden would have done as well since it has been over 30 years since he last coached. As for the funny part I guess our sense of humor is different since I don't get the joke.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.