Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More importantly, can Billy Gillispie....

Featured Replies

Reunite the fractured UK fan base? There has been a (sometimes ugly) separation between pro-Tubby and anti-Tubby supporters for years (there are about 1,374 posts on BGP to prove this), and my question is this: can everyone unite in support of Billy G., let the past go (both pros and cons) and universally look forward in hopes of better days?

 

Is that possible? Is he the Coach that can make that happen? I'm frankly sick to death of having more in common with some UL fans (aarrgghh :D ) than many UK fans. Can we once again truly become a "Big Blue Nation?"

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All he has to do for that to happen...is win.

All he has to do for that to happen...is win.

 

Actually, he has to win SEC championships and get to the Final Four on a regular basis. Tubby won...Not to get back into that.

 

Anyway, SEC titles and the occasional trip to the Final Four and all is forgotten...See Eddie Sutton...

All he has to do for that to happen...is win.

 

In the eyes of many, I'd say it's more not losing than winning. No one seemed to care how often he won, which is how he earned the name "Ten Loss Tubby."

If he can stop losing streaks to Vandy (ughh) and Florida, he'll do just fine.

If he can stop losing streaks to Vandy (ughh) and Florida, he'll do just fine.

and Continue to beat UL...:thumb:

I say let him coach a few games before we start worrying about how people will like him.

I am supporting him 100%.

 

I supported Tubby 100% for his first 8 years.

 

Fans should have a little patience. Next season is likely to be BAD, but after that, we should see signs of improvement.

  • Author
I say let him coach a few games before we start worrying about how people will like him.

Why? Is reuniting the fan base not a big issue? Really, why do wins and losses in December make a difference in terms of this conversation?

I think the first thing he has to do is reinstall a fast pace style of play that won't lull everyone to sleep like we have had to look at for the past several years. At least grab the fans base attention.

I think the guy will be great......:thumb: If he got all of those recruits to go to Illinois....What do you think he can do with the facilities and tradition that UK has. Give him a couple years and the BIG BLUE NATION will be as strong as ever..:thumb:

hssports, I think you have tapped into a gold mine if you can find an answer to this. I have long thought that it wasnt money or championships that kept BD from coming to rupp. I have thought that what made the job at UK undesireable to the bigs in college bball is the fans or lack thereof. People classify them as fans, I dont, I call them armchair coaches. Learn to just be fans again, then you are back on track.

I think the guy will be great......:thumb: If he got all of those recruits to go to Illinois....What do you think he can do with the facilities and tradition that UK has. Give him a couple years and the BIG BLUE NATION will be as strong as ever..:thumb:

 

 

are you thinking of Bruce Weber, who is still at Illinois.

are you thinking of Bruce Weber, who is still at Illinois.

 

No, he was the head recruiter for Bill Self while he was at Ill.

Wow !! There's a lot of ifs that he needs to do on this thread to be a good coach at UK. He's already starting in the hole.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.