More importantly, can Billy Gillispie....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first thing he has to do is reinstall a fast pace style of play that won't lull everyone to sleep like we have had to look at for the past several years. At least grab the fans base attention.

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on a fast pace style of play. I would be much more satisfied with a WELL RUN offense. Whether it involves fast breaks and 40 three point shots a game or a bunch of picks and screens as long as it doesn't involve standing around dribbling until there's 10 seconds on the shot clock I'll be happy.

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on a fast pace style of play. I would be much more satisfied with a WELL RUN offense. Whether it involves fast breaks and 40 three point shots a game or a bunch of picks and screens as long as it doesn't involve standing around dribbling until there's 10 seconds on the shot clock I'll be happy.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reunite the fractured UK fan base? There has been a (sometimes ugly) separation between pro-Tubby and anti-Tubby supporters for years (there are about 1,374 posts on BGP to prove this), and my question is this: can everyone unite in support of Billy G., let the past go (both pros and cons) and universally look forward in hopes of better days?

Is that possible? Is he the Coach that can make that happen? I'm frankly sick to death of having more in common with some UL fans (aarrgghh :D ) than many UK fans. Can we once again truly become a "Big Blue Nation?"

As long, as some don't compare Coach G, to Donovan, Pitino and Smith, he should be a solid hire.

Some UK fans, are going never going to be happy and there will always, be divide. If he wins and has UK at the top in the SEC, then expectations will increase over time and he will be praised....

Eager to see all the staff in place and what players, will be signed.

Reunite the fractured UK fan base? There has been a (sometimes ugly) separation between pro-Tubby and anti-Tubby supporters for years (there are about 1,374 posts on BGP to prove this), and my question is this: can everyone unite in support of Billy G., let the past go (both pros and cons) and universally look forward in hopes of better days?

Is that possible? Is he the Coach that can make that happen? I'm frankly sick to death of having more in common with some UL fans (aarrgghh :D ) than many UK fans. Can we once again truly become a "Big Blue Nation?"

Imo only the name will change with the bashers. these are the ones that never post a positive U.K. thread and thrive on the negatives. They are nowhere to be found after a win and 5,000 post/threads after a loss :rolleyes: . I honestly believe that they wait and hope for a bad game or U.K. loss so they can justify themselves in their own mind. :sleep:

Gillispie hasn't seen pressure like he is going to see in Lexington. I am sure that he knows that and I hope that he has very thick skin. I am well pleased with Gillispie.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!:dancingpa

GO "BLUEGRASS BILLY"!!!!!! :dancingpa

As long, as some don't compare Coach G, to Donovan, Pitino and Smith, he should be a solid hire.

Some UK fans, are going never going to be happy and there will always, be divide. If he wins and has UK at the top in the SEC, then expectations will increase over time and he will be praised....

Eager to see all the staff in place and what players, will be signed.

I'm very eager to see what kind of staff he puts together. With the right staff, the players will soon follow.

I'm begging him not to hire Kyle Macy:scared:

hssports, I think you have tapped into a gold mine if you can find an answer to this. I have long thought that it wasnt money or championships that kept BD from coming to rupp. I have thought that what made the job at UK undesireable to the bigs in college bball is the fans or lack thereof. People classify them as fans, I dont, I call them armchair coaches. Learn to just be fans again, then you are back on track.

:thumb: :thumb: If hssports can fix that :eek: then I will be the first to urge hs to run for President of the United States. ;)

Amen, that was the one pt where I couldn't take Tubby's coaching style.