April 5, 200719 yr Calipari runs a fast paced offense and knows how to recruit. Would be a great hire.
April 5, 200719 yr Here is my thing with Calipari. There is that chace for probation, but the big thing for me is that he already brings in some of the top talent in the county. Yet that top talent has yet to be good enough for him, the best he has done is elite 8's lately which is something that we found out from Tubby is not good enough. So if he came to UK he still would be getting those same players, its not like his recruiting could get better because it is already on the top. So we would be just getting the players he brings in which has only been elite 8. So if we got rid of a guy who elite 8 runs wasn't good enough, I dont want to see us bring in someone else who does the same...
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari runs a fast paced offense and knows how to recruit. Would be a great hire. I would love this hire.....Alot better to watch than Tubby ball....
April 5, 200719 yr I agree with others have said, Calipari would get UK back into the college Elite VERY quickly. Only problem is that it would likely cost the Cats a couple years probation. You get what you pay for if they bring him in.
April 5, 200719 yr I agree with others have said, Calipari would get UK back into the college Elite VERY quickly. Only problem is that it would likely cost the Cats a couple years probation. You get what you pay for if they bring him in. Was Memphis ever on probation?
April 5, 200719 yr I am not sure how I feel about Calipari but can everyone give the probabtion crap a rest. Sutton landed UK on probabtion but OK St hasn't been under Sutton. UMass had some issues under Calipari but is Memphis on probation right now?
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari can win on the court, NO QUESTION about that. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I honestly don't care where Calipari ends up or even if UK hires him, but I would keep a watch on him if he ends up here. No, Memphis isn't on probation. Don't the stories come out a few years after the fact? That's usually how it works. You have people at other schools that have coaching openings begging to NOT take Calipari on board or wanting to give up their tickets if they hire him. Maybe they are as uneducated and irrational as I can be, but there are A LOT of people who question how Calipari does things OFF the court.
April 5, 200719 yr He also takes very talented teams into the tourney and manages to lose early. I don't think I'd be happy with Calipari.
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari has lost most of his talent to the league, that won't happen now, he'll at least get them for one season. He won't be in Lexington but he's very intriguing.
April 5, 200719 yr As long as Sandy Bell is at UK, you can bet that whatever coach comes in there will not get the program on probation. Calipari would get recruits and runs the type of offense that the fans would like. He would be a great hire and the probation stuff is a non-issue. As I've said before, I think Sandy Bell hurts recruiting more than anything b/c she is such a stickler.
April 5, 200719 yr Author I agree with others have said, Calipari would get UK back into the college Elite VERY quickly. Only problem is that it would likely cost the Cats a couple years probation. You get what you pay for if they bring him in. Thats right..ya get what you pay for. A good coach with a fast paced offense and a outstanding recruiter. That what I do know.
April 5, 200719 yr Here is my thing with Calipari. There is that chace for probation, but the big thing for me is that he already brings in some of the top talent in the county. Yet that top talent has yet to be good enough for him, the best he has done is elite 8's lately which is something that we found out from Tubby is not good enough. So if he came to UK he still would be getting those same players, its not like his recruiting could get better because it is already on the top. So we would be just getting the players he brings in which has only been elite 8. So if we got rid of a guy who elite 8 runs wasn't good enough, I dont want to see us bring in someone else who does the same... Surely, you're not serious...I've respected your opinions on alot of things, but, not this...His great recruits alot of times leave after there freshmen year, which doesn't help...wasn't this the same knock on Billy D 2 years ago...Until someone actually wins a NC, thats always going to be the knock..Roy Williams is a prime example of underachievment with great talent, but, most people consider him one of the best in the business...Now did his finally winning one, all of sudden make him that much better than before..No...Calipari, does, by the way, have a final 4 to his resume, but, because of Camby, got it stripped. With parity as it is, getting to a Final 4 takes about as much luck as it does talent...I'll take 2 cons years of playing in a regional championship...thats 2 rounds further than we had....
April 5, 200719 yr If Calapari is hired, you'd have to lock up EVERYTHING on campus with the type of guys he likes. Plus, he's got it made at Memphis....easy conference/schedule and easy recruiting. He never has to leave the city of Memphis.
April 5, 200719 yr He also takes very talented teams into the tourney and manages to lose early. I don't think I'd be happy with Calipari. Since when are regional championships and 4th rounds considered early...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.