Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari

Featured Replies

Calipari would bring in the talent to compete year in year out. Thats all we can ask for.

 

 

No it's not. UK fans care about one thing and one thing only and that's final fours. If you don't make that, it doesn't matter how talented of a team they have, the fans will not be happy.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely, you're not serious...I've respected your opinions on alot of things, but, not this...His great recruits alot of times leave after there freshmen year, which doesn't help...wasn't this the same knock on Billy D 2 years ago...Until someone actually wins a NC, thats always going to be the knock..Roy Williams is a prime example of underachievment with great talent, but, most people consider him one of the best in the business...Now did his finally winning one, all of sudden make him that much better than before..No...Calipari, does, by the way, have a final 4 to his resume, but, because of Camby, got it stripped. With parity as it is, getting to a Final 4 takes about as much luck as it does talent...I'll take 2 cons years of playing in a regional championship...thats 2 rounds further than we had....

 

Well I guess I will not respect your opinion on this either...:rolleyes:

 

Lets see here though Calipari has never played in a major conference, he has no clue what is like to play tough teams every week. So we have no clue if he can coach good when it comes to playing good teams all the time, and just not rarely..Also as I said he already gets the best recruits, so if he came to UK its not like he will get better recruits, because he cant do better than we what he gets now because he already gets alot of the best. Yet even though he already gets the best, the only thing he can do is get to the elite 8. I have been someone who supported Tubby and defended him with his elite 8's. However if people wanted Tubby gone just because he only got us to elite 8's, then I dont want another guy that we would run out because he only gets us to elite 8's. So yes my man I am dead serious about what I said, because it is the truth...:sssh:

 

Calapari is a great coach, but he isn't the coach that should be here! Now if we cant get a Gillispie, Matta, Few, then yeah he would be are best choice then! But right now he is not the best choice for the job....

No it's not. UK fans care about one thing and one thing only and that's final fours. If you don't make that, it doesn't matter how talented of a team they have, the fans will not be happy.

 

The unrealistic ones, yes, but, they aren't going to be happy unless we're a top 5 team, #1 seed, in final 4 every other year, national champs every 3-4 years, etc, etc, etc., so, who cares what that small % think..The majority would be very happy...

Well I guess I will not respect your opinion on this either...:rolleyes:

 

Lets see here though Calipari has never played in a major conference, he has no clue what is like to play tough teams every week. So we have no clue if he can coach good when it comes to playing good teams all the time, and just not rarely..Also as I said he already gets the best recruits, so if he came to UK its not like he will get better recruits, because he cant do better than we what he gets now because he already gets alot of the best. Yet even though he already gets the best, the only thing he can do is get to the elite 8. I have been someone who supported Tubby and defended him with his elite 8's. However if people wanted Tubby gone just because he only got us to elite 8's, then I dont want another guy that we would run out because he only gets us to elite 8's. So yes my man I am dead serious about what I said, because it is the truth...:sssh:

 

Calapari is a great coach, but he isn't the coach that should be here! Now if we cant get a Gillispie, Matta, Few, then yeah he would be are best choice then! But right now he is not the best choice for the job....

I dont get the love affair with Few....

I dont get the love affair with Few....

 

I don't get the one with Calipari....

Surely, you're not serious...I've respected your opinions on alot of things, but, not this...His great recruits alot of times leave after there freshmen year, which doesn't help...wasn't this the same knock on Billy D 2 years ago...Until someone actually wins a NC, thats always going to be the knock..Roy Williams is a prime example of underachievment with great talent, but, most people consider him one of the best in the business...Now did his finally winning one, all of sudden make him that much better than before..No...Calipari, does, by the way, have a final 4 to his resume, but, because of Camby, got it stripped. With parity as it is, getting to a Final 4 takes about as much luck as it does talent...I'll take 2 cons years of playing in a regional championship...thats 2 rounds further than we had....

 

Give me Billy G!!! Calapari scares me. Great coach, excellent recruiter, but I just don't entirely trust him.

 

As far as Sandy Bell is concerned, ..... even Sandy can't watch him 24-7, and something just don't seem right. I would rather do it the RIGHT wasy.

Well I guess I will not respect your opinion on this either...:rolleyes:

 

Lets see here though Calipari has never played in a major conference, he has no clue what is like to play tough teams every week. So we have no clue if he can coach good when it comes to playing good teams all the time, and just not rarely..Also as I said he already gets the best recruits, so if he came to UK its not like he will get better recruits, because he cant do better than we what he gets now because he already gets alot of the best. Yet even though he already gets the best, the only thing he can do is get to the elite 8. I have been someone who supported Tubby and defended him with his elite 8's. However if people wanted Tubby gone just because he only got us to elite 8's, then I dont want another guy that we would run out because he only gets us to elite 8's. So yes my man I am dead serious about what I said, because it is the truth...:sssh:

 

Calapari is a great coach, but he isn't the coach that should be here! Now if we cant get a Gillispie, Matta, Few, then yeah he would be are best choice then! But right now he is not the best choice for the job....

 

when was the last time he coached in a major confrence, that seems to be your major knock against calapari. makes you wonder.

when was the last time he coached in a major confrence, that seems to be your major knock against calapari. makes you wonder.

 

If he was such a clean, can't miss coach, why hasn't he taken a major conference job? Something just doesn't pass the smell test IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.