Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino is strongly advising Donovan not to go to UK.

Featured Replies

Typical Cardinal fan comment!!! It must be tough to know that your coach thinks leaving a school, which happens to be your biggest rival, was the biggest mistake of his career. His has stated many times that UK is " The Roman Empire of college basketball" and that he had " Eight years of Camelot". What more do you want than that, it's pretty self-explanatory about his thoughts of UK.

 

If he's that in love with UK, why isn't he taking this job? ;)

  • Replies 133
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoopty do...I'm glad you do... Again, unless he or his secret informant was on the other line, it's simply speculation, because, I'm 100% sure Pitino wouldn't come out and tell anyone that if he did say it and certainly Donovan wouldn't hang himself by telling anyone, especially, if he were considering the job, which I assume he is, since he's not come right out and said no yet....Funny how some info is ridiculous and others is the gospel...Nothing personal, LABS, I just don't believe your source...

 

"Whoopty do..I'm glad you do" A poet and don't know it. :lol: That line gave me a good laugh, thanks, j4f.

 

LABS has established his credibility with me and your objections not withstanding, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Sure he could be wrong, we all are at times, but I'm certainly not going to call him out on anything because most of the time I'd end up with egg on my face. :thumb:

here's the thing...Ricky P said leaving for the Celtics was his worst decision he ever made....he has NO desire to ever be the coach of the Wildcats again...he has been jaded by how he has been treated by UK fans...he loves being here in the 'Ville....he also sow how Tubby (a very close friend of his) was treated for winning 77% of his games...and he doesn't want another close friend to go through that. he probably would love for Crean to have the job.

I find it funny how in this thread it went from what pitonio has said or might as said,to Louisville fans being jealous of UK fans, If anything right now it is the other way around, Louisville has UK's second all time favorite coach, and right now, happen to be the best program in Kentucky, returning all that talent, and a lock to be a top ten team in the nation next year, UK won't sniff the preseason top 25. This coming from a person who is unbiased to either school.

Gimme a break!! You know his intentions when he stated those things. Your jealousy of UK is pretty obvious!

:laugh: :laugh:

 

Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

For a coach that took them from probation to the top of the map...I would think it would be better than booing him...:rolleyes:

They were at the top of the mountain long before he came into town. I agree that he did bring them out of the Sutton slums. :sssh:

A lot does ... :lol:

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I find it rather odd that a guy who constantly states that leaving UK was his biggest regret, would rather not have his protege take a job there. Doesn't really make sense.

:thumb: Excatly!! Another questioon would be "why would I/we care what Pitino advises to who :sleep: ?" Is he all of a sudden on a search commitie for the next U.K. coach? :rolleyes:

 

Pitino would make one heck of a politician, he says what will make whoever he happens to be talking to happy.

If he's that in love with UK, why isn't he taking this job? ;)

 

If it was formally offered I'm sure he would...:p

If it was formally offered I'm sure he would...:p

 

:laugh: He didn't even give them a chance to offer...

I'd be just fine with it. Might help even out the football rivalry.

 

Seems the Cards fans can only focus on their recent sucess in the interstate game but if they will pull those rosey red glasses off they would realize that UK actually leads the series, 10-9.

They were at the top of the mountain long before he came into town. I agree that he did bring them out of the Sutton slums. :sssh:

:thumb: :thumb: Imo there are a lot of posters on here that do not know or old enough to remember that the game of basketball existed before Rick Pitino :eek: . I too appreciate what Pitino did at U.K. but he is gone, some U.K. fans need to get over it and some other fans need to realize that we really don't need their guidance, :D Just making a pont, it is an open forum and all have right to post just as I did ;) . U.K. basketball was on top long before R. Pitino got to town and will be back on top long after he and any others are gone.

 

It is called tradition! ;)

I really think I know you better than to believe you'd say that if you knew some of the things that UK fans said to him/made signs about. The signs comparing him to the American Taliban John Walker Lindh were particularly in bad taste, considering his best friend and brother-in-law died in the WTC attacks on 9/11. I know you're a classier individual than that.

I agree those type of things were totally uncalled for. Those kind of fans are not UK fans or any kind of fan. They only have one agenda and you and I both know what it is. What I was saying is that when he left, he left himself open for some unhappy returns back to Rupp and criticism would be expected.

Seems the Cards fans can only focus on their recent sucess in the interstate game but if they will pull those rosey red glasses off they would realize that UK actually leads the series, 10-9.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Oh my God. Are you really so proud of these wins in the series?

  1. Oct 28, 1912 Kentucky 41, Louisville 0
  2. Nov 22, 1913 Kentucky 20, Louisville 0
  3. Nov 14, 1914 Kentucky 42, Louisville 0
  4. Nov 6, 1915 Kentucky 15, Louisville 0
  5. Oct 14, 1922 Kentucky 63, Louisville 0
  6. Oct 4, 1924 Kentucky 29, Louisville 0

I'll take these years with my head held high...

  1. Sept 3, 1994 Kentucky 20, Louisville 14
  2. Sept 2, 1995 Louisville 13, Kentucky 10
  3. Aug 31, 1996 Louisville 38, Kentucky 14
  4. Aug 30, 1997 Kentucky 38, Louisville 24
  5. Sept 5, 1998 Kentucky 68, Louisville 34
  6. Sept 4, 1999 Louisville 56, Kentucky 28
  7. Sept 2, 2000 Louisville 40, Kentucky 34 (OT)
  8. Sept 1, 2001 Louisville 36, Kentucky 10
  9. Sept 1, 2002 Kentucky 22, Louisville 17
  10. Aug 31, 2003 Louisville 40, Kentucky 24
  11. Sept 4, 2004 Louisville 28, Kentucky 0
  12. Sept 4, 2005 Louisville 31, Kentucky 24
  13. Sept 3, 2006 Louisville 59, Kentucky 28

I think it's hilarious that Louisville spotted UK wins from 1912-1924, but the all-time series will STILL almost certainly be tied after this season.

 

HILARIOUS.

I agree those type of things were totally uncalled for. Those kind of fans are not UK fans or any kind of fan. They only have one agenda and you and I both know what it is. What I was saying is that when he left, he left himself open for some unhappy returns back to Rupp and criticism would be expected.
And I think he was prepared for that, but not the truly horrible things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.