Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino is strongly advising Donovan not to go to UK.

Featured Replies

I truly find this hard to believe...

  • Replies 133
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may not have anticipated it but it was well deserved. What do you expect the UK fan base to do, Bow down on their knees and say welcome back to Rupp; "Slick Rick"? He created his own welcome and if he didn't see it coming it was because of the red blinders he now wears.

Because he used to coach at UK he shouldn't take the best offer he can get to return to college coaching?

 

How does anyone deserve to be compared to Benedict Arnold or John Walker Lind?

 

How does his wife deserve to be blamed for Pitino leaving?

 

Did Tubby deserve the same treatment whenever his team played at Georgia? UK hired him directly away from Georgia. Pitino did not leave UK to coach Louisville.

 

If Donovan leaves and comes to Kentucky will he deserve the same treatment when he goes back to Florida? That will be the second coach that UK has hired directly away from a conference opponent.

 

Regarding the last question, I'll be willing to bet every dollar I have that if it does happen at Florida the UK fans will be on here (or on the UK boards)complaining about how badly their coach was treated.

He may not have anticipated it but it was well deserved. What do you expect the UK fan base to do, Bow down on their knees and say welcome back to Rupp; "Slick Rick"? He created his own welcome and if he didn't see it coming it was because of the red blinders he now wears.

Those blinders that prevented him from seeing it are called Arrogance and Ego.

Because he used to coach at UK he shouldn't take the best offer he can get to return to college coaching?

 

How does anyone deserve to be compared to Benedict Arnold or John Walker Lind?

 

How does his wife deserve to be blamed for Pitino leaving?

 

Did Tubby deserve the same treatment whenever his team played at Georgia? UK hired him directly away from Georgia. Pitino did not leave UK to coach Louisville.

 

If Donovan leaves and comes to Kentucky will he deserve the same treatment when he goes back to Florida? That will be the second coach that UK has hired directly away from a conference opponent.

 

Regarding the last question, I'll be willing to bet every dollar I have that if it does happen at Florida the UK fans will be on here (or on the UK boards)complaining about how badly their coach was treated.

The BIG difference is-- the situations mentioned didnt happen to a school's top sport AND they did .not go to their most heated rival

All I've read from Pitino is the Roman Empire and Camalot thing and that he quit telling Donovan what to do years ago, so, this thread has no merit whatsoever....Once you show me a link to support this accusation, I'll believe it or were you the 3rd party on the line when they talked?

 

If labs says it, then I believe him because he has earned my trust, as well as many others on BGP. If he posts inside info, I'll take him at his word, period.

 

Lest we not forget that the nature of inside info is that it is not usually published in the papers, right? You can have all your links and read all the coach-speak and fluff you want. I'll take labs' info anyday.

The BIG difference is-- the situations mentioned didnt happen to a school's top sport AND they did .not go to their most heated rival

I don't see that as a big difference rather a fanbases myopic way of justifying their poor behavior, while at the same time hoping to be able to take the moral "high road" if they do indeed land their coveted coach and he is treated poorly at his former school.

Donovan has a close circle of friends. John Pelphrey is one, Rick Pitino is another

You're missing one. And that one is my source!:D
If labs says it, then I believe him because he has earned my trust, as well as many others on BGP. If he posts inside info, I'll take him at his word, period.

 

Lest we not forget that the nature of inside info is that it is not usually published in the papers, right? You can have all your links and read all the coach-speak and fluff you want. I'll take labs' info anyday.

 

Whoopty do...I'm glad you do... Again, unless he or his secret informant was on the other line, it's simply speculation, because, I'm 100% sure Pitino wouldn't come out and tell anyone that if he did say it and certainly Donovan wouldn't hang himself by telling anyone, especially, if he were considering the job, which I assume he is, since he's not come right out and said no yet....Funny how some info is ridiculous and others is the gospel...Nothing personal, LABS, I just don't believe your source...

Are you a family friend? Did Rick tell you so himself? Just curious...

 

Nope...Are you a UK fan...You seem to be in on all the Uk threads...

I don't see that as a big difference rather a fanbases myopic way of justifying their poor behavior, while at the same time hoping to be able to take the moral "high road" if they do indeed land their coveted coach and he is treated poorly at his former school.

Let me give you a more relative example because I lived in the Ville for ten years and was celebrating on campus when they won it in 86.

 

Now lets suppose then that Crum the next year goes to the pros and after a few years comes back to UK as their basketball coach.( At this time Crum was loved and had a great run from 80-86).

 

What do you think his reception would have been the next time UK came to town? It would have been very similiar. :flame:

But in th end, after talking with Foley he told him that he should take it! you only puthalf the story on here.
I would have told Donovan the same thing ... if you have a chance to go from Marshall to the SEC you take it.

 

It doesn't have any bearing on Pitino's stated belief that Donovan wasn't ready for Florida ... in that case, his opinion wasn't exactly on the money.

These threads are funny. Creativity is abound on BGP! Or should we call it something else:cool:

Whoopty do...I'm glad you do... Again, unless he or his secret informant was on the other line, it's simply speculation, because, I'm 100% sure Pitino wouldn't come out and tell anyone that if he did say it and certainly Donovan wouldn't hang himself by telling anyone, especially, if he were considering the job, which I assume he is, since he's not come right out and said no yet....Funny how some info is ridiculous and others is the gospel...Nothing personal, LABS, I just don't believe your source...
You're entitled to your beliefs.

 

Bottom line ... LABS has established a great deal of credibility on this site over the years. That's why people put stock in what he says.

You're entitled to your beliefs.

 

Bottom line ... LABS has established a great deal of credibility on this site over the years. That's why people put stock in what he says.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It constantly amazes me that a segment of the Kentucky fans base that once took everything Pitino said as gospel suddenly wants to disparage everything about him now, simply because he now coaches at Louisville.

 

Pitino has done nothing to earn the ire of UK fans. He did exactly what he said he would do, which was put UK back at the top of the college basketball world ... for that, they owe him gratitude, not disdain.

 

And it isn't as if he bolted Lexington to go straight to Louisville. Circumstances change over time, as it did in the case of Pitino's less than stellar tenure in Boston.

 

Get over it, UK fans ... it's just one more reason the fan base has the reputation that it does on a national level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.