Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino is strongly advising Donovan not to go to UK.

Featured Replies

Anyone have a link or confirmation of negative statements from Pitino?
[/i]

 

I don't think that Pitino has publicly stated anything negative.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may not have anticipated it but it was well deserved. What do you expect the UK fan base to do, Bow down on their knees and say welcome back to Rupp; "Slick Rick"? He created his own welcome and if he didn't see it coming it was because of the red blinders he now wears.

 

For a coach that took them from probation to the top of the map...I would think it would be better than booing him...:rolleyes:

He may not have anticipated it but it was well deserved. What do you expect the UK fan base to do, Bow down on their knees and say welcome back to Rupp; "Slick Rick"? He created his own welcome and if he didn't see it coming it was because of the red blinders he now wears.

 

 

I honestly would never boo Pitino. Look at what he did for UK. He restored the program to one of, if not the best in the country. Who wouldn't leave for the money he received? I could never fault a man for that. I still believe that UK, and the fans whole him a great deal of gratitude.

Yo, any links to prove this if not then why are we discussing it!

Yo, any links to prove this if not then why are we discussing it!

 

Who needs links? We have sources...:D :lol:

I've never said so, but I think what Pitino meant was leaving UK for the NBA was a mistake, not necessarily leaving UK...

 

Trust me, when he left Boston, if the UK job would have been open, he would have jumped at it....And, no, he actually said leaving UK was a mistake, not just leaving UK for the NBA...

Who needs links? We have sources...:D :lol:

Better than links.:lol:

I honestly would never boo Pitino. Look at what he did for UK. He restored the program to one of, if not the best in the country. Who wouldn't leave for the money he received? I could never fault a man for that. I still believe that UK, and the fans whole him a great deal of gratitude.

 

 

I agree, I just HATE that he's at Louisville. However, it's bitter sweet because it adds to the rivalry and makes me follow U of L a lot more than I ever thought I would. I wish both UK and U of L would return to NCAA Elite.

Trust me, when he left Boston, if the UK job would have been open, he would have jumped at it....And, no, he actually said leaving UK was a mistake, not just leaving UK for the NBA...

 

Are you a family friend? Did Rick tell you so himself? Just curious...

He may not have anticipated it but it was well deserved. What do you expect the UK fan base to do, Bow down on their knees and say welcome back to Rupp; "Slick Rick"? He created his own welcome and if he didn't see it coming it was because of the red blinders he now wears.
I really think I know you better than to believe you'd say that if you knew some of the things that UK fans said to him/made signs about. The signs comparing him to the American Taliban John Walker Lindh were particularly in bad taste, considering his best friend and brother-in-law died in the WTC attacks on 9/11. I know you're a classier individual than that.
What do you think?

RP looking out for himself or Donovan?

 

All I've read from Pitino is the Roman Empire and Camalot thing and that he quit telling Donovan what to do years ago, so, this thread has no merit whatsoever....Once you show me a link to support this accusation, I'll believe it or were you the 3rd party on the line when they talked?

LABS is one of the best sources BGP has for what goes on at UK.

 

This is coming from a U of L fan. LABS is a poster that I absolutely respect for info he gives out.

LABS is one of the best sources BGP has for what goes on at UK.

 

This is coming from a U of L fan. LABS is a poster that I absolutely respect for info he gives out.

 

:thumb:

  • Author

Thanks 02.

There is no link for it.

Pitino has said he stopped telling Billy what to do years ago. Do you honestly believe he doesn't give him advice?

Donovan has a close circle of friends. John Pelphrey is one, Rick Pitino is another and there are those who he has done business with over the years.

There are a lot of people within his inner circle that is advising him to take the job. There are others that are advising him not to, and Pitino is one of those people. Pitino has also advised him not to go to the NBA, which is one of the things Donovan wants to try.

 

I think Pitino's view of UK is jaded based on how he has been treated, but I think that most UK fans are over that, and to some degree Pitino has moved on.

Maybe Pitino is trying to protect Billy. Maybe he doesnt want to do battle with him on a yearly basis. There is so many things that can be involved with Pitino's advising. It could be ego. Mick Cronin told a high school coach when he was an assistant at UL that the UL staff hoped Tubby would stay a long time because they felt they would always be a leg up on them, with Tubby at the helm. Maybe that wouldnt be the case with Billy next door.

 

However, in my opinion and not through certain sources, I believe that Pitino is the one supplying Vitale with his cannon fodder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.