April 3, 200719 yr Billy will turn 42 next month. yes, I read that on another thread...I heard something on the game last night about 38 and must have misunderstood....
April 3, 200719 yr That article sounds a lot like what Tubby was saying the week he took off for Minnesota. Get off of Tubby, who cares what he said or did he's gone like it or not. Who the next coach is is the big question at hand. The bottom line is Billy D is not Tubby. He's happy where he's at, it's obvious with him and his family, the best chance at landing Billy D is convincing his wife that the beach at Cave Run Lake is as nice as the beach in Florida.
April 3, 200719 yr Get off of Tubby, who cares what he said or did he's gone like it or not. Who the next coach is is the big question at hand. The bottom line is Billy D is not Tubby. He's happy where he's at, it's obvious with him and his family, the best chance at landing Billy D is convincing his wife that the beach at Cave Run Lake is as nice as the beach in Florida. I know that I would gladly welcome Billy D's wife to the beaches of Cave Run :banana:
April 3, 200719 yr I bet Billy Donovan will soon be wearing a Kentucky blue baseball cap... Are you still convinced Billy D is the next coach at UK ?
April 3, 200719 yr "I'll tell you the truth," his dad said amid the celebratory chaos, "I don't know what he's going to do." That statement atleast makes me believe that he will give UK consideration and that is about all anyone can ask of him
April 3, 200719 yr Yes. Good. I'm glad some people are. I honestly dont know what to think about the situation. I'd love to have him but I'm not gonna set myself up for a huge let down either. There are other coaches out there that could do wonderful things at UK.
April 3, 200719 yr Here's the latest, which is posted on ESPN's web site. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2823934
April 3, 200719 yr Get off of Tubby, who cares what he said or did he's gone like it or not. Who the next coach is is the big question at hand. The bottom line is Billy D is not Tubby. He's happy where he's at, it's obvious with him and his family, the best chance at landing Billy D is convincing his wife that the beach at Cave Run Lake is as nice as the beach in Florida. I was simply drawing parallels between two coaches. Obviously they are not the same person, but how often do we need to hear a coach say "My family is happy here" and then see them leave the next week. Somebody is a little sensitve here.
April 3, 200719 yr Katz said he didn't know where BD would fit UK into his schedule this week. Does anyone else wonder that if a deal isn't struck before he leaves for the DR, he won't be coming?
April 3, 200719 yr I was simply drawing parallels between two coaches. Obviously they are not the same person, but how often do we need to hear a coach say "My family is happy here" and then see them leave the next week. Somebody is a little sensitve here. Couldnt agree with you more. Coaches do this type of stuff all the time. It's what they should do. IF Billy D is coming to UK, it would have been a very bad idea for him to announce it any time before the championship game or directly after it in my opinion. I dont know if he will come or not, but untill he flat out says I'm not interested, I have no reason to think there isnt a strong chance of him being here.
April 3, 200719 yr If Billy D does not come to UK (I don't think he is) then half of the fans in this state and 99% of the population on Catspause will all start recieving their mail at Charter Ridge. This is turning out to be a Cult following. I hope it's just Florida fresh squeezed OJ that everyone will be drinking compliments of one Billy D:D
April 3, 200719 yr Here's the latest, which is posted on ESPN's web site. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2823934 That was the # that I had heard also and I'm sure Fla. has the money to match it. However, will they, remember football is king in Fla. and Meyers just won a national championship also. So does Fla. raise Meyers salary to match?
April 3, 200719 yr That was the # that I had heard also and I'm sure Fla. has the money to match it. However, will they, remember football is king in Fla. and Meyers just won a national championship also. So does Fla. raise Meyers salary to match?If Meyer wins back-to-back national titles, he would deserve a raise to match Donovan's new salary.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.