Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy D addresses the UK speculation.

Featured Replies

Billy Donovan is in the "catbird's" seat.

 

Staying @ Florida

-$$$$$

-he's built a great program

-weather, climate, family, etc

 

Going to UK

-$$$$

-tradition/dream job

-UK & UL are the main program (FL has FL, UM, FSU, Dolphins, Jags, Heat, hockey, etc) & he would be treated as a God & sell-outs after sell-outs

-UK connections

 

I think he could decide on either job & they both have their rewards. Either way, Donovan is in a great seat!!

  • Replies 153
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There's a great feeling in my heart for Kentucky because that's where I began my career and I have great respect for the tradition there," Donovan said. "But you know what, that was a while ago. We're going on 13 years removed from that. It's not like it's been one or two years removed."

 

 

LINK

 

Let the games begin.:D

My question is, if Billy does in fact decide to come to UK, how long will he be in town?...IMO, he'll test the NBA waters before his career is over...

 

You may be right, but, I believe he prefers the college game...If , indeed he comes to UK, I think we'll have him for at least 8-10 years...he's only 38 years old and I'm sure he would stay long enough to have UK back to where its accustomed to being...After that, he may well test the NBA waters....

Okay, here's my thoughts. Purely from a fishing point of view, which I dare say, has been one underscrutinized angle. He is in Florida where you have Okeechobee, Toho, Seminole (partially) and sooooooo many lakes he can fish year round, why would anyone leave such bliss for Herrington? C'mon, seriously.

Okay, here's my thoughts. Purely from a fishing point of view, which I dare say, has been one underscrutinized angle. He is in Florida where you have Okeechobee, Toho, Seminole (partially) and sooooooo many lakes he can fish year round, why would anyone leave such bliss for Herrington? C'mon, seriously.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: From a fellow bass fisherman I can relate and this makes as much sense as anything has on here. :lol:

Looks like Billy is dropping into Huntington on Wednesday to get his commitment from Patrick Patterson, celebrating the Repeat on Friday, and heading off on vacation next week. I don't see UK or a press conference in Lexington on Wednesday in his upcoming schedule anywhere.......

After reading that link it sounds like we need to focus our attention in another direction.

Sounds like he has confirmed what he is doing today, tommorow, Friday, and the week after. There is nothing in there about what he will be doing on Thursday. I think he will be talking to UK. I don't see him officially accepting the job until he gets back from his vacation though, if he was to accept it.

We all have all seen someone say one thing and then do another. But that really does point to him being happy at UF and not leaving for the bluegrass state.

 

Will be REALLY interesting to see who the 2nd choice was if it gets to that point.

You may be right, but, I believe he prefers the college game...If , indeed he comes to UK, I think we'll have him for at least 8-10 years...he's only 38 years old and I'm sure he would stay long enough to have UK back to where its accustomed to being...After that, he may well test the NBA waters....

 

Billy will turn 42 next month.

We all have all seen someone say one thing and then do another. But that really does point to him being happy at UF and not leaving for the bluegrass state.

 

Will be REALLY interesting to see who the 2nd choice was if it gets to that point.

You know what? I read the link too and I think that assuming that Donovans camp hasn't been contacted by the UK folk, well, maybe he was only our first choice. Maybe the first choice will be announced tomorrow. Maybe Billy's arrival is a figment of our sorry ego's and imaginations. I'll say this,,,if it's not Billy D, you can rest assured that whomever is hired will be introduced as THE GUY that was at the top of the list and not second fiddle. I can already see the thread blaming the media for blowing this Billy D thing out of proportion, etc.. When in actuality, can you blame an outlet for running with this garbage and hearsay and speculation considering that the goofballs here in the commonwealth have solely quadrupled the hits on the Gainesville newspaper website? So, with that in mind, if UK doesn't hire Billy Donovan, I will squarely blame GT.:D

If he turns down UK now, he will never get as good a chance again.

 

What other programs do you see needing a coach in the next 5 years, saying that Billy keeps his name at the top of the hot list?

 

UNC = no.

dUKe = maybe

KY = never offered again to Billy D.

Michigan State = Izzo leaves sometime.

Kansas = Doubtful that Self leaves anytime soon.

UCONN = Probably open sooner then later.

 

 

From here, everything would be a letdown at Florida.

You can't win 3 in a row while losing 3 or 4 starters (future NBA picks).

 

If you could...what does 3 rings prove that 2 doesn't?

Unless you are planning for the NBA jump!!!!

That article sounds a lot like what Tubby was saying the week he took off for Minnesota.

So, with that in mind, if UK doesn't hire Billy Donovan, I will squarely blame GT.:D

:irked: :creepy: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.