Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy D addresses the UK speculation.

Featured Replies

Enough said. Billy obviously wants to build his own tradition and legacy which he has done at Florida. Before he started at Florida the program had never been to the final 4. In his 11 year reign they've had 9 20 win seasons, been to 3 final fours, and won 2 national championships.

 

Face it guys...Billy D is King of Basketball at Florida. Quit comparing him to football and Meyer. Coming to Uk would have him compared to Pitino, Rupp, and Tubby all the time both good pros and cons. And if he doesn't take the program back to where it was 10 years ago, we then start seeing "Billy bashing threads."

Didn't Fla. make the final four under Kruger?

  • Replies 153
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't Fla. make the final four under Kruger?

Yup...

Didn't Fla. make the final four under Kruger?

 

You're right. Before Donovan they had only been once in 77 years. With Donovan they've been 3 times.

:D :jump:

 

I think some of the UK fans are just mad because they no longer are king of the bluegrass and it's their beloved coach Pitino that's making it that way. :lol:

My question is, if Billy does in fact decide to come to UK, how long will he be in town?...IMO, he'll test the NBA waters before his career is over...

 

He's a young guy.

All while having better seasons than the team in Lexington...

Is playing in the N.I.T. better,because I don't remember the last time Ky. was in the N.I.T.

I think some of the UK fans are just mad because they no longer are king of the bluegrass and it's their beloved coach Pitino that's making it that way. :lol:

 

UK Basketball will always be the King of the Bluegrass to UK fans, even if they only won 10 games a year...That's how tunnel visioned some of them are.

Is playing in the N.I.T. better,because I don't remember the last time Ky. was in the N.I.T.

 

No, but going to the Final Four two years ago, and finishing ranked in the Top 25, having beaten two ranked teams this year is...I don't remember UK beating a ranked team...Because they haven't in over a year...

No, but going to the Final Four two years ago, and finishing ranked in the Top 25, having beaten two ranked teams this year is...I don't remember UK beating a ranked team...Because they haven't in over a year...

 

Ouch....

 

Another reason Billy D won't be coming is:

 

Why go to another school where he knows none of the players except maybe a recruit or two that he brings with him, when he could stay at Florida and add to the young core that he already has with new top recruits like his junior class were coming in.

 

IMO UK is trying to get Billy D because they are DESPERATE for the recent tradition and success that UK is lacking over the past 7 years. UK wants Florida's success to save face as the powerhouse they once were.

UK wants Florida's success.

 

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

;)

No, but going to the Final Four two years ago, and finishing ranked in the Top 25, having beaten two ranked teams this year is...I don't remember UK beating a ranked team...Because they haven't in over a year...

But they went just as far in the tournament this yr. and if I was a Louisville fan I don't think I would want to compare past accomplishments.

UK is trying to get Billy D because they are DESPERATE for the recent tradition and success that UK is lacking over the past 7 years. UK wants Florida's success to save face as the powerhouse they once were.

 

In other words, UK wants a quick fix and the UK Nation thinks only Billy D can bring that....

Geez....it's obvious a UK fan will hear, see, think whatever they wish to be true.....the rest of us...will take a man for what he is saying..not for he has not said. He is getting ready to get a huge raise wherever he may be coaching next year.

And a UK hater will alway see or hear what he wants. Completely ignored the part where I said I don't think Donovan is leaving Florida. And I have said since Tubby left that I would rather have Gillespie. Nice try though.:thumb:

 

 

I also said I think the best choice maybe Pelphrey if the irrational fans would let him grow into the job. But we both know that some UK fans have no patience.

But they went just as far in the tournament this yr. and if I was a Louisville fan I don't think I would want to compare past accomplishments.

 

There ya go...Bring up the past, since that's ALL you have to hang your hat on...Typical, SO typical...:sssh:

No, but going to the Final Four two years ago, and finishing ranked in the Top 25, having beaten two ranked teams this year is...I don't remember UK beating a ranked team...Because they haven't in over a year...

They beat Louisville.;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.