Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy D addresses the UK speculation.

Featured Replies

When you still have players on the team that actually PLAYED in the Final Four...;)

So at most you allowed to use the past 4 years when discussing what your team has done.

 

I guess I could understand that thinking from a UofL fan.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is everyone FINALLY going to admit that UK fans aren't crazy for being dissatisfied with Tubby? You guys are making all the same points the "Tubby bashers" were getting reamed for bringing up a month ago.

 

Why would all of the blame go on the coach though? If Uk's tradiition was so strong, Tubby would have an easy time recruiting right?

 

Face it...UK just isn't as attractive to players as it once was. The more recent successes, FLorida, Duke, UCLA, UNC , Kansas are the ones attracting the top all americans.

So at most you allowed to use the past 4 years when discussing what your team has done.

 

I guess I could understand that thinking from a UofL fan.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Sorry that I like to think that things that have happened more recently than a decade ago are more relevent for where a program is at the current time....

At this point, NO ONE has shown signs of comign to UK, so does that mean Barnhart is going to have to coach next year?

 

I'm just saying practically every Uk fan on here is saying he's coming but yet all you've heard is rumors. Not once has Donoan said anything or shown any signs.

 

He even did a press conference this morning and said he has not ben contacted and has been talking to Foley about his new contract. It was on Outside the Lines.

Why would all of the blame go on the coach though? If Uk's tradiition was so strong, Tubby would have an easy time recruiting right?

 

Face it...UK just isn't as attractive to players as it once was. The more recent successes, FLorida, Duke, UCLA, UNC , Kansas are the ones attracting the top all americans.

 

And why wouldn't UK have been attractive to recruits in 1999, 2000? If Tubby was so good he would've had an easy time recruiting coming of back to back to back title game appearances and two national titles.

 

You guys can't have it both ways.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Sorry that I like to think that things that have happened more recently than a decade ago are more relevent for where a program is at the current time....

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Back off they have 7 championships...even though 4 came in the Rupp era and they've only won 3 in the past 50 years.

How about Foley coming with Coach D.??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Back off they have 7 championships...even though 4 came in the Rupp era and they've only won 3 in the past 50 years.

 

Sorry, sorry...:lol:

And why wouldn't UK have been attractive to recruits in 1999, 2000? If Tubby was so good he would've had an easy time recruiting coming of back to back to back title game appearances and two national titles.

 

You guys can't have it both ways.

 

To be honest, nobody wants to play for a loser.

 

Why wouldn't Indiana have been attractive after it's chamionship loss in 02 to Maryland? It has great tradition right?

 

Just because a team makes it to the title game means nothing. It has to do with what the kids want to do. A coach can only do so much when it comes to recruiting. Different players fit different roles in different programs.

It has to do with what the kids want to do. A coach can only do so much.

 

Becuase tOSU/Columbus is SO attractive, right? I mean Matta's great and all, but there's only so much a coach can do. Columbus is so close to the beaches though, and has that great weather year round.

 

Keep trying.

A loser? You realize UK won 2/3 of those titles, right? :lol:

Becuase tOSU/Columbus is SO attractive, right? I mean Matta's great and all, but there's only so much a coach can do. Columbus is so close to the beaches though, and has that great weather year round.

 

Keep trying.

 

Matta guaranteed Oden and Conley starting positions. Of course they're going to go there. Plus they are still close to home.

 

Once again...it has to do with what the kids want to do and what they're looking for.

 

Obviously UK just isn't what recruits are looking for right now. Why are we even talking about Ohio St? They have nothing to do with the thread.

I don't think he goes to the NBA. You don't think Pitino has talked to him about the NBA. I believe he stays in the college game.

:thumb:

I dont think he will be successful as a pro coach for many of the same reasons PITINO wasnt.

From a press conference this morning: Billy Donovan

 

"I haven't been contacted by anyone. I'm happy at the University of Florida and I am going to continue coaching their basketball team"

 

Also saw this same press conference on Rome is Burning just now

 

I think the speculations can stop now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.