UK to name coach on Tuesday

colfan80

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GT, I don't think that he is the right hire either, but if he can recruit a Conley and Oden every year than I guess his coaching ability is irrelevant.

Are you saying that things are pointing in his direction because you think Billy won't take the job, or has Thad become plan A. (Surely not?)

I'll just say my firm stance it will be Billy took a hit tonight and some other things I've heard are starting to make more sense. Tonight is why nothing is ever a done deal until the guy is running the first practice. It can and does often change in the blink of an eye. And that's regardless of how good the info is...

I agree with GT. I really dont have much faith in his in game coaching. He has "coached" his team to the final four but he has unreal talent there.

What about at Xavier? He didnt have unreal talent there and was very successful an almost "coached" Xavier to the final four but lost to Duke in the elite 8.

Also if he isnt the best "Coach" he makes up for it in recruiting by getting the talent. Thats what you need to do. If your not the best coach, recruit better players and you wont have to be.

For the Few rumors about his hotel reservation. Just because he's flying in and staying over night doesn't mean he will be the next coach. It is likely he is just in for an interview and a one on one with Mitch.

Also, on that rumor, why would he stay at the Griffin Gate? Thats about the furthest hotel from the airport and the university.

Also, on that rumor, why would he stay at the Griffin Gate? Thats about the furthest hotel from the airport and the university.

Its the best hotel in town and it is between the airport and campus. Depending on which road you take in.

Its the best hotel in town and it is between the airport and campus. Depending on which road you take in.

I agree it is best hotel in town, but it's on the far north end of Lexington so you'd definitely have to go the long way if you wanted to pass it on your way to campus. However if it was me that's where I'd stay. It's not like it's out in the boondocks.

I agree it is best hotel in town, but it's on the far north end of Lexington so you'd definitely have to go the long way if you wanted to pass it on your way to campus. However if it was me that's where I'd stay. It's not like it's out in the boondocks.

I said depending on which road you take. It wouldn't be the shortest route from the airport to campus. But like you said, its not out in the boondocks either.

Thanks GT, I don't think that he is the right hire either, but if he can recruit a Conley and Oden every year than I guess his coaching ability is irrelevant.

Are you saying that things are pointing in his direction because you think Billy won't take the job, or has Thad become plan A. (Surely not?)

If UK chooses Matta over Donovan, I would not like it...but, if Donovan tells UK no, and Matta ends up being the coach, it would be more acceptable to me.

But, that said, he still wouldn't be my #2 choice.

We'll see soon enough I suppose...I'm going to stick with my original hunch that Billy Donovan will be UK's next coach and hope that I'm right.