UK to name coach on Tuesday

colfan80

I don't think Few is Plan B. I wouldn't doubt the backup to Billy is also playing this weekend... :D

Plan B isn't trying to win the hearts of UK fans.

Relaxed Matta opens up during press conference

For Thad Matta, Kentucky's blue must be too close to Michigan's.

The Ohio State coach interrupted a question Tuesday when he noticed a reporter wearing a Kentucky T-shirt.

"My first question, did you lose a bet today? With the shirt?" Matta asked.

The newspaper guy responded, "I just wanted to remind you that we're looking for a coach."

Matta laughed and his face turned red, before asking, "Are you an alum from there?"

When the answer was yes, Matta said: "I'll use real small words in this answer."

Seemingly relaxed by reaching his profession's penultimate peak, Matta opened up about many subjects, including his Final Four memories.

He also quickly said sorry to Wildcat fans — some who might want to lure Matta to UK.

"That one's probably going to kill me," Matta said. "I apologize to the University of Kentucky. Let me get that out right now. I do apologize. I always say that one about the school up north when people tell me they're from there."

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not forgeting. Henderson and McRoberts were Mcdonalds All Amerians too. How did that work out for them?

Henderson had a very good Freshman campaign....He's going to be a very good one.

While listing the Duke Burger Boys don't forget to include:

Paulus

Henderson

Scheyer

King

Smith

Singler

Thomas (not sure on him)

They're going to be very good....If you can't see that you are blinded by your hatred for the program.

Henderson had a very good Freshman campaign....He's going to be a very good one.

While listing the Duke Burger Boys don't forget to include:

Paulus

Henderson

Scheyer

King

Smith

Singler

Thomas (not sure on him)

They're going to be very good....If you can't see that you are blinded by your hatred for the program.

With all that "talent" they SHOULD win every game. But I am going to say that they lose close to double digit games again this year. I will be more sure when I see the schedule.

Burger boys don't always equal big seasons; see Crawford, Morris and Rondo.

Burger boys don't always flop either; see Durant, Oden, Jordan, Nique and so on. It goes both ways and if you have any clue about anything that's pretty clear...

I did not say that they don't always work out, sometimes they do. Sorry my post was so hard for you to understand.

It was very clear. One sided to make your point. Sorry if you didn't like me pointing out the other side... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Not one sided unless you only read it that way. I said they don't always equal big seasons. Of course sometimes they do.

More often than not they turn out to be solid to above average. Rondo is in the NBA. Morris is in the NBA. Crawford didn't turn out so well. So your point is average at best...

No, not really. They as a group underachieved. Nearly every so called expert pretty much guaranteed final fours and championships with this group. Not even close to that was the result and now the only burger boy left is Crawford and even his biggest supporter would have to say he has been inconsistent at best. Rondo and Morris are in the NBA, yes, but unless one has low standards it must be obvious that this group was far from successful at UK.