Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WLEX: UK Ready To Name Donovan New Coach

Featured Replies

As if people nationwide needed ANOTHER reason to not like Kentucky basketball. lol

 

The report said the deal was hammered out Thursday and Friday with Donovan's agent. You can't put all the blame on UK, Donovan had to answer the phone to begin with, but this is just disgusting on everyones part.

 

But it's not the first, nor the last time we had backroom dealings like this.

 

Kentucky gets their man, Florida goes back to being just a football school and UK possibly has another national championship within 4 years.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Does CP SAY that the deal is inked???? That's the sticky part.

How could it cost us Billy D. Hasn't money already changed hands. Too late to backout if so.

 

All I can say, is "I told you so" two days ago.:dancingpa

Well, tomorrow should be an interesting day. I know one thing, if this guy has cost us Billy D, he will be worse than the Chicago fan that caught the foul ball...

 

Hey...if he's coming it's just part of the pressure cooker known as UK basketball.

If this story is true, what are the chances that the source of the leak came from Billy D's camp. Might be good info to get out prior to the McD's game this week. Still some undecided recruits out there and a kid who has pledged to follow Billy D would be there, surely he would do a little recruiting for Billy D while there.

I am fine, I just dont get what you dont understand about this...:p :thumb:

I'm talking about HIGH SCHOOL athlets jumping ship because they had cold feet waitng one more week for a coach.

Let me spell it out for you. You say they should have done what they did and run the risk of somebody in the media wanting to be a hero when it could end up backfiring on KY. The pro to that is that you get one more week to influence high school kids that Billy D and KY are a good thing.

I say do the classy thing waiting one more week so the man can finish the job he has been working his whole life to accomplish. I understand I run the risk of one more week of recruiting but I don't run the risk of somebody in the media leaking the story and running him off because it destroyed his championship weekend. I feel that way because I am confident that when those recruits on the fence see Billy D and KY on the same side I don't think it's going to take them an extra week to decide if that is their choice or not. I think most of them have in their mind that if it's Billy D they are doing this, if it's not him then they are going wherever. I don't think that's too hard to understand.

I have understood your point the whole time. I've just disagreed with it the whole time:thumb:

As if people nationwide needed ANOTHER reason to not like Kentucky basketball. lol

 

The report said the deal was hammered out Thursday and Friday with Donovan's agent. You can't put all the blame on UK, Donovan had to answer the phone to begin with, but this is just disgusting on everyones part.

 

But it's not the first, nor the last time we had backroom dealings like this.

 

Kentucky gets their man, Florida goes back to being just a football school and UK possibly has another national championship within 4 years.

He might be like Tubby and not know anything at all about his agent doing a deal behind the scenes!:lol:

He might be like Tubby and not know anything at all about his agent doing a deal behind the scenes!:lol:

 

I was thinking about that when the article mentioned Donovan's AGENT talked to UK.

 

Just about everyone on here can agree Tubby was a quality character, but how shady on his part to negotiate a deal with another school. If the offer came along he bolts, if not, he sticks around UK and collects another fat paycheck.

 

In any case, back to Donovan having NO IDEA what his agent was doing talking to UK. lol

I'm talking about HIGH SCHOOL athlets jumping ship because they had cold feet waitng one more week for a coach.

Let me spell it out for you. You say they should have done what they did and run the risk of somebody in the media wanting to be a hero when it could end up backfiring on KY. The pro to that is that you get one more week to influence high school kids that Billy D and KY are a good thing.

I say do the classy thing waiting one more week so the man can finish the job he has been working his whole life to accomplish. I understand I run the risk of one more week of recruiting but I don't run the risk of somebody in the media leaking the story and running him off because it destroyed his championship weekend. I feel that way because I am confident that when those recruits on the fence see Billy D and KY on the same side I don't think it's going to take them an extra week to decide if that is their choice or not. I think most of them have in their mind that if it's Billy D they are doing this, if it's not him then they are going wherever. I don't think that's too hard to understand.

I have understood your point the whole time. I've just disagreed with it the whole time:thumb:

 

And once again its not worth taking the chance on just hoping that the see Donovan and UK together that they will come here. Might as well make sure you have as much time as you possibly can to get it done, because Im sure Donovan would rather try to make his first year at UK as good as he possibly can. And having just even a little bit more time in influencing recruits could make a difference. Once again its really not that hard to understand...

 

Also well apparently Billy D. and UK agree with me because if this story is true then they might have been thinking the same way as me...:sssh: :D

Last time I'm explaining it to you. You think it's good for the extra week of recruiting vs the risk of losing him because of the media. I would rather not take the risk with the media leaking the story blowing his weekend which could make him walk vs losing a week of recruiting. I can understand both sides of the fence. We just don't agree. It's not that big of a deal REALLY!

Last time I'm explaining it to you. You think it's good for the extra week of recruiting vs the risk of losing him because of the media. I would rather not take the risk with the media leaking the story blowing his weekend which could make him walk vs losing a week of recruiting. I can understand both sides of the fence. We just don't agree. It's not that big of a deal REALLY!

That week means nothing. I would say he has talked to those recruits that are willing to come and those that aren't and he knows where they stand if in fact he told them he was taking the UK job.

This is HUGE

IF it holds up!

I'm still not sold on all this. I think its much more likely that Billy will be the next coach at UK, but I'm not gonna go out and get my hair cut like his till he signs a contract.:D

I won't believe anything till Florida is out of the tournament.

Last time I'm explaining it to you. You think it's good for the extra week of recruiting vs the risk of losing him because of the media. I would rather not take the risk with the media leaking the story blowing his weekend which could make him walk vs losing a week of recruiting. I can understand both sides of the fence. We just don't agree. It's not that big of a deal REALLY!

 

If its not such a big deal, then why do you keep saying stuff back as well...:sssh:

 

And yeah I guess we agree to disagree. My thing is that if he was willing to talk to UK and agree to deal apparently while the season is going on, then no matter what the media says will get him to change his mind. So if you can get a coach to pretty much sign a deal with a team, while their team is trying to win a national championship, its a pretty good sign that no matter what the media does he will still come, because he already put to much into it. So which in turn makes alot more since to have the deal in place JUST IN CASE to make sure that you can get those very few big names left out there...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.