Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches - Referees

Featured Replies

I attended the state tourney wed & thursday. I have never in my life seen a coach complain as much as Scott Countys coach. I believe thats the worst I have seen besides Indiana's old coach Bob. N.. Just hate seeing that on the floor.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the state tourney wed & thursday. I have never in my life seen a coach complain as much as Scott Countys coach. I believe thats the worst I have seen besides Indiana's old coach Bob. N.. Just hate seeing that on the floor.

 

Nothing new...

  • Author
Nothing new...

You mean he acts like that all the time ???

I attended the state tourney wed & thursday. I have never in my life seen a coach complain as much as Scott Countys coach. I believe thats the worst I have seen besides Indiana's old coach Bob. N.. Just hate seeing that on the floor.

 

Night with a K my man.

You mean he acts like that all the time ???

 

 

 

Listend to the broadcast this morning during the SC Holmes game. At halftime they interviewed Hicks, and he said the Holmes players were fouling his kids and the refs weren't calling it. 15 seconds into the 3rd qt. Holmes was called for 2 fouls. Maybe his complaining worked.

Coach Hicks has been known to be animated and to occasionally have conversations with the gentlemen in stripes.

Do we know of another Hicks?

I witnessed the Holmes/Scott Co. game this morning. Scott Co. had nothing to complain about with the whistle. I thought Holmes lost out on a few questionable calls. The only call I remember Holmes getting that was terrible on the officials part, was Hill's three pointer. He had half his foot on the line and they counted it as a three. I though Rice was fouled on some shots around the basket and Arrez Henderson was clearly fouled on three point basket made in the 1st half for no-call.

I attended the state tourney wed & thursday. I have never in my life seen a coach complain as much as Scott Countys coach. I believe thats the worst I have seen besides Indiana's old coach Bob. N.. Just hate seeing that on the floor.

Who is Bob N. what years did he coach Indiana?

Whatever Hicks is doing must be working??

Slick Rick Billy Hicks... Your always gonna get that out of him. But he is a decent coach.. and has two Championships under his belt. I will also be honest with you this get me angry also seeing him cry:sleep:

Wears his emotions on his sleeve. Nothing wrong with that. He must be doing something right with two titles.

I have talked with officials. He knows just how far to go and not cross the line. I think he had one technical all year. That was at Lex Cath in the first 2 min of the game and he was sitting down talking with his assistant. The official had his back to him and "thought" Hicks said something to him.

You ought to watch his relative that just left Greenup County. The worst acting adult, or child for that matter, that I have ever witnessed in public.

He got the best of it on several calls, not the least of which was the walking call that happened when Rice rebounded the ball and the Scott Co. player moved under him. When Rice came down he over the player who had moved under him and fell hard to the floor. He was called for walking. That one drew some well deserved boos from the neutrals.

 

As I posted elsewhere, I object to the referees spending their time outs talking with Hicks and they did it at just about every time out. I also feel that Holmes' coach needed to protest some oof the calls. There is a reason that you protest calls. Ivan Lendl often said that if you are quiet and your opponent complains, it makes it easy for the referees to take the path of least resistence. Al McGuire, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and many other great coaches did not and do not suffer in silence.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.