Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Georgia 70

Featured Replies

2) Georgia is not crappy.

 

46 teams received votes in the AP poll. Georgia was not one of them.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seen alot of arguing in the update thread about Porter. I know I really thought Porter played really good in the first half. He is probably the best passer on the team in getting the ball to the post, and moves the ball around really well. I seen someone say he cant drive, he can't set anyone else up, and he cant get his shot off, but its the same way for Jasper though. The only difference is Porter actually does look for a shot sometimes and can knock it down. Porter is actually probably the type of PG all you always say you want, he is pass first pg but also has the ability to shoot. I know I really like his hustle, and how well he moves the ball and gets the ball in down low, because none of are other guys can do that. HOWEVER if a team is pressing us, then yeah he probably shouldn't be in the game, because as we seen tonight he is not strong enough to handle that YET...

 

I like Porter at the point as well. He's not perfect, but neither are Jasper or Bradley.

Good win, but I'm still wary.

 

The Cats shot 52.4% from 3, and only won by 12 over a UGA team without their 3rd leading scorer.

 

They're not going to shoot over 50% from 3 very often, and they're going to be facing tougher teams than UGA.

 

I like the way the freshmen move on the floor. They don't just stand there with the ball. I'm starting to think its not Bradley's and Crawford's fault that they pound the ball. Nobody is moving to get open for a pass.

 

And speaking of standing around, what the crap goes on during our inbounds plays? 3 guys stand there while one guy tries to get open. If they haven't gotten it in after 3 seconds, then maybe another guy will start moving. Thats ridiculous. Even when teams aren't really pressuring, they can hardly get the ball in bounds.

 

Its good to see Perry heating up again. The Cats are going to need him if they want to make any noise in the tourney.

 

I like Tubby getting Stevenson some minutes. I think he can be a great player, but he needs to get comfortable on the floor at the college level.

I'll agree with ya on that I don't think there is a team besides Florida that can beat us on a neutral court. We would play Florida in the finals if we were a 4.

 

What about Vandy? They beat us on our HOME court.

:sleep:

 

They beat a team they were supposed to...

I agree with this, nothing to get pumped up over with this win.

PERRY!

 

Man, what can you say.

If he just played half as well all year it would have been a HUGE difference.

 

Good win for the cats.

Hopefully, this builds some confidence in the seniors or even the TEAM's abilities to not count on just 3 players to carry us through a game.

Just took a look at a bracket online and it looks like you're correct. My college bball magazine has it the other way, but I got the bracket from the official site, so looks like you're right.

 

Doesn't seem right though, because it seems the #2 seed has it easier than the #1, but o well.

 

I guess we should be rooting for the 4 seed after all.

 

Correct. I explained the scenarios in this post earlier in the thread. Personally, I think UK would still love to get the three seed, but the four is FAR better than the five. The five seed matches UK against Florida in the second round, if UK wins their game. If UK gets the four then it means they'll play the West #1 and then probably Vanderbilt should they advance that far. The three seed would match UK against Florida in the semifinals.

46 teams received votes in the AP poll. Georgia was not one of them.

 

:lol: :thumb:

I really appreciated the gesture that Tubby Smith made by including John Stewart with the class he was recruited with. It is a shame he never got the opportunity to step onto the Rupp Arean court himself.

:thumb: :thumb: Tubby Smith is all class. ;)

SR Night will never be as good as when it included Happy singing "My Old Kentucky Home."

I would also like to mention "Woo" in this senior night thread. The guy does not have all the talent in the world but he has came a VERY long way from when he first got here. He plays hard, gives some good minutes, is always hustling and setting screens, crashing the boards. If Charmin Morris had Woo's heart and work eithic, desire there would be no one that would stop him.

Shagari showed up last night to support his classmates. Nice job by Shag.

Shagari showed up last night to support his classmates. Nice job by Shag.

 

:thumb: That is very cool of him.

This has made it to Youtube:

 

I would also like to mention "Woo" in this senior night thread. The guy does not have all the talent in the world but he has came a VERY long way from when he first got here. He plays hard, gives some good minutes, is always hustling and setting screens, crashing the boards. If Charmin Morris had Woo's heart and work eithic, desire there would be no one that would stop him.

 

I saw Shagari at the game last night. I was listening to Dave Baker and Oscar Combs after the game and they interviewed the 3 seniors. I have been an Obrzut hater over the years but after hearing his interview I am definitely a fan. He was almost brought to tears when they asked him about his experiences at UK. He thanked every fan, student, and coach at UK for helping him to develop into the person that he is and allowing him to gain a top notch education. He also mentioned that he wished his parents could have been there to see this and the man he has become! Hats off to him!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.