March 1, 200719 yr At least the seniors went out winning at Rupp... I don't blame them, I blame the idiot who put them in the situtation they were in. They tried, just didn't have the talent. As I been saying for awhile now, Perry is definitely a guy that should have been here! Should he have been the #1 player that we got out of the class, definitely not! He should have been surronded with 2 top notch guys also with him in that class...
March 1, 200719 yr What is everyone's most memorable or favorite senior night? Kenyon, Logan and Max were great, but last year with Hicks and Huggs back in the building was amazing...
March 1, 200719 yr Larry O dropped 30 on Senior Night in '04...Awesome night to be in the Hall. :ylsuper:
March 1, 200719 yr I seen alot of arguing in the update thread about Porter. I know I really thought Porter played really good in the first half. He is probably the best passer on the team in getting the ball to the post, and moves the ball around really well. I seen someone say he cant drive, he can't set anyone else up, and he cant get his shot off, but its the same way for Jasper though. The only difference is Porter actually does look for a shot sometimes and can knock it down. Porter is actually probably the type of PG all you always say you want, he is pass first pg but also has the ability to shoot. I know I really like his hustle, and how well he moves the ball and gets the ball in down low, because none of are other guys can do that. HOWEVER if a team is pressing us, then yeah he probably shouldn't be in the game, because as we seen tonight he is not strong enough to handle that YET...
March 1, 200719 yr If we get the 3 then it would put us on the same side as Florida. The 4 seed puts us on the other side of the bracket away from Florida. So really we should be rooting for UT to win, so we get the 4 seed. If we get the 3 or 5 we are on the same side as Florida... Nope. The 2,3, and 5 from each conference are on the same side. It goes like this: E4 vs. W5....Winner vs. E1 W3 vs. E6.....Winner vs. W2 W4 vs. E5.....Winner vs. W1 E3 vs. W6.....Winner vs. E2
March 1, 200719 yr Side note, As I mentioned I love UK senior night. What is everyone's most memorable or favorite senior night? Mine would have to be Chuck Hayes. That guy was all heart. He is the perfect definition of UK basketball IMO. I really appreciated the gesture that Tubby Smith made by including John Stewart with the class he was recruited with. It is a shame he never got the opportunity to step onto the Rupp Arean court himself.
March 1, 200719 yr Nope. The 2,3, and 5 from each conference are on the same side. It goes like this: E4 vs. W5....Winner vs. E1 W3 vs. E6.....Winner vs. W2 W4 vs. E5.....Winner vs. W1 E3 vs. W6.....Winner vs. E2 So in theory, it might be better to be a 5 seed?
March 1, 200719 yr I seen alot of arguing in the update thread about Porter. I know I really thought Porter played really good in the first half. He is probably the best passer on the team in getting the ball to the post, and moves the ball around really well. I seen someone say he cant drive, he can't set anyone else up, and he cant get his shot off, but its the same way for Jasper though. The only difference is Porter actually does look for a shot sometimes and can knock it down. Porter is actually probably the type of PG all you always say you want, he is pass first pg but also has the ability to shoot. I know I really like his hustle, and how well he moves the ball and gets the ball in down low, because none of are other guys can do that. HOWEVER if a team is pressing us, then yeah he probably shouldn't be in the game, because as we seen tonight he is not strong enough to handle that YET... Thank you. I thought I was the only one.
March 1, 200719 yr So in theory, it might be better to be a 5 seed? Over a 4....Yes. Maybe even over the 3 actually. I would rather play anyone from the West over Vandy or Florida.
March 1, 200719 yr It was nice to see Perry have such a great game on Senior night. I hate how some many on here are always trashing him. I think that he has gave great effort over his four years and has played with a lot of heart. It may be a legit question as to whether he should have been recruited to come to UK, but the kid simply accepted an offer that any of us would have if given the chance. He was a credit to UK and never did anything that would reflect badly upon himself or the school. I wish him well in his future endevours upon graduation. :thumb: :thumb:
March 1, 200719 yr That's what I think is missing with this team, well mainly just the 3 juniors. They just don't have the heart. Watching Perry and Porter dive out of bounds for loose balls tonight reminded me of the way UK teams are supposed to play......Give everything you got, and then give some more. :thumb: :thumb: Especially on the comment about the 3 juniors.
March 1, 200719 yr Nope. The 2,3, and 5 from each conference are on the same side. It goes like this: E4 vs. W5....Winner vs. E1 W3 vs. E6.....Winner vs. W2 W4 vs. E5.....Winner vs. W1 E3 vs. W6.....Winner vs. E2 I not saying you are wrong because I am not definit, but are you for sure on this? Because here are the standings from last year Tennessee 12-4 21-7 Florida 10-6 27-6 Kentucky 9-7 21-12 Vanderbilt 7-9 17-12 South Carolina 6-10 18-15 Georgia 5-11 15-15 WEST CONF W-L TOTAL W-L LSU 14-2 23-8 Alabama 10-6 17-12 Arkansas 10-6 22-9 Mississippi State 5-11 15-15 Mississippi 4-12 14-16 Auburn 4-12 12-16 So UT was #1 in the east, UF was #2 in the East..LSU #1 in West, and Ala #2 in west. And last year we was the #3 seed from the east, and Tennessee who was the 1 seed was on the same side as us. Because I know after we won are first round game we played the #2 seed in Alabama, then we were suppose to play UT, but SC upset them...So last year the #4 seed was on the opposite side of the 1 seed, and the #3 seed was on the same side as the one seed...
March 1, 200719 yr Thank you. I thought I was the only one. Well if I wasn't at the game, I would have been backing you up on it. In that first half Porter played really good, and moves the ball around very good in the half court set and feeds the guys down low very good. I mean he had 2 GREAT passes to Stevenson on the break, but Stevenson just didn't have the hands to catch it. So I really dont see why everyone really was putting Porter down, but those same guys back Jasper. If its a half court type of game, then I really like Porter at the point. But if its a full court game with people pressing then Jasper would be better, because Porter just is not strong enough yet to handle the pressure. Then again Jasper also had turnovers against that press as well...
March 1, 200719 yr I not saying you are wrong because I am not definit, but are you for sure on this? Because here are the standings from last year Tennessee 12-4 21-7 Florida 10-6 27-6 Kentucky 9-7 21-12 Vanderbilt 7-9 17-12 South Carolina 6-10 18-15 Georgia 5-11 15-15 WEST CONF W-L TOTAL W-L LSU 14-2 23-8 Alabama 10-6 17-12 Arkansas 10-6 22-9 Mississippi State 5-11 15-15 Mississippi 4-12 14-16 Auburn 4-12 12-16 So UT was #1 in the east, UF was #2 in the East..LSU #1 in West, and Ala #2 in west. And last year we was the #3 seed from the east, and Tennessee who was the 1 seed was on the same side as us. Because I know after we won are first round game we played the #2 seed in Alabama, then we were suppose to play UT, but SC upset them...So last year the #4 seed was on the opposite side of the 1 seed, and the #3 seed was on the same side as the one seed... Just took a look at a bracket online and it looks like you're correct. My college bball magazine has it the other way, but I got the bracket from the official site, so looks like you're right. Doesn't seem right though, because it seems the #2 seed has it easier than the #1, but o well. I guess we should be rooting for the 4 seed after all.
March 1, 200719 yr Just took a look at a bracket online and it looks like you're correct. My college bball magazine has it the other way, but I got the bracket from the official site, so looks like you're right. Doesn't seem right though, because it seems the #2 seed has it easier than the #1, but o well. I guess we should be rooting for the 4 seed after all. :thumb: And most likely we will get it, because the way UT is playing they SHOULD beat Georgia, especially since the guy who didn't play tonight wont be playing against UT either. What would be really nice is if we get the 4 seed, and either Mississippi or Mississippi St. win the west. So this way as long as we win the first round game we would be playing one of those teams...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.