Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Tournament: UK out? UL in?

Featured Replies

"They maybe should have been 3, even a 2" talk was well compensated by where they were sent and who they were scheduled to play. I do not think the committee always puts teams where they believe they are ranked (i.e. look at UT last season being a 2 seed).

 

Maybe in your opinion...If I remember correctly, very few people gave the Cards a chance against GT, and then Washington...

  • Replies 130
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe in your opinion...If I remember correctly, very few people gave the Cards a chance against GT, and then Washington...

I do not think you remember correctly.:cool: Georgia Tech was a bubble going into the ACC tourny and Washington was about as deserving of a #1 seed as UL was deserving of a #4 seed, if you catch my drift. UL may not have been given a chance against Tech because of their poor showing in the first round.

 

Many people had UL going to the Final 4 that season, in that bracket.

I do not think you remember correctly.:cool: Georgia Tech was a bubble going into the ACC tourny and Washington was about as deserving of a #1 seed as UL was deserving of a #4 seed, if you catch my drift. UL may not have been given a chance against Tech because of their poor showing in the first round.

 

Many people had UL going to the Final 4 that season, in that bracket.

 

I know what I remember. :cool: Yes, some had UL making the Final Four, many others did not...I remember distinctly being told when UL played Washington that it was the end of UL's run...

Looking at the remaining schedules for both teams; is there a chance UK could miss out and the Cardinals go dancing?

 

UK could lose the rest of their games and they'd still be in. U of L is very close and should make it, as well.

UK could lose the rest of their games and they'd still be in. U of L is very close and should make it, as well.

 

If UK loses the rest of their games and gets in, its because of the name they have on their jersey. PERIOD. You cant lose out and make the tournament. WOW.

The sad thing is, both teams still "have work to do" to get in the tournament.

I don't understand why that is sad..... Duke, Michigan St, UCONN and the list could go on and on all have work to do to get in. Barring complete collapse, UK is in.

Saying that they will only make it because of their name is very off IMO

 

Yet much of the UK fan base is saying not to pay too much attention to Duke's drop from the rankings, stating "they'll get an NCAA bid because they're Duke." Funny stuff.

Yet much of the UK fan base is saying not to pay too much attention to Duke's drop from the rankings, stating "they'll get an NCAA bid because they're Duke." Funny stuff.

Duke still has work to do.

 

To say UK will get one simply because of their name is garbage. As it is to say that for Duke.

Yet much of the UK fan base is saying not to pay too much attention to Duke's drop from the rankings, stating "they'll get an NCAA bid because they're Duke." Funny stuff.

 

:lol:

UK could lose the rest of their games and they'd still be in.

 

I think they would be pushing their luck to the limit if they tried this.

I think they would be pushing their luck to the limit if they tried this.

 

I don't think they'll lose the rest of their games.

Kentucky has become a very ordinary SEC team, especially on the road. I don't see them winning at Bama or Vandy...heck, they've already lost to Vandy at home (Vandy's 5th win in a row over UK, by the way). The Florida game in Gainsville could be very ugly.

 

They should be able to take care of LSU and Georgia at home (although they've already lost to Georgia on the road).

 

Cats will be 2-4 over the next six games.

Actually UK is one of the better road teams, thus far in the SEC. They have 3 wins on the road, and not too many other than UF have more.

Won @ Arkansas, @ Ole Miss, and @ South Carolina.

Actually UK is one of the better road teams, thus far in the SEC. They have 3 wins on the road, and not too many other than UF have more.

Won @ Arkansas, @ Ole Miss, and @ South Carolina.

 

In some respects, I think that UK actually tends to play better on the road. I see them going finishing strong.

UK is a shoe in for the dance, but I think there dancing shoes fall off early. :thumb:

I don't think they'll lose the rest of their games.

 

I can't comment on what you are thinking. I commented on what you posted. FYI, I don't think they will lose the rest either, but that isn't what you posted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.