Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Glasgow Scotties

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

He won’t drop them. If you would’ve noticed I didn’t say I was for keeping the rivalry games I said they will because they have always played them. I could really care either way I mean really if I was those teams I wouldn’t want to play Glasgow, Barren dropped them from the schedule when they weren’t competitive maybe Monroe and Allen might consider it themselves but they won’t year after next they will still be playing all three.

Crazy how that works. I didn’t say teams had to drop out of the KHSAA or that the juggernauts wanted them to but you did imply that I said those things. Either way I can promise this given the chance any team that isn’t up to par Arnett will drop as soon as he feels he can. The only reason he won’t is because he is told he can’t!

Anyway back to Glasgow they will be a formidable force in 3A and a tough out once they get to the playoffs. Good luck to Arnett and the dawgs.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • An average BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 4 out of 5 times. A good BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 5 out of 5 times. Kudos to the

  • DearToday
    DearToday

    Nino has done a great job with Atherton. They will be much better than the nondistrict teams that Arnett and staff inherited. 

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    QB looked like the D1 prospect he is projected to be. Plethora of weapons at his disposal as well. Glasgow looked like the best of the five teams yesterday morning at BG. Which it’s 7on7 in July so ta

Posted Images

Another thing no one is considering is why would the Bowling Green’s of the world want to play Glasgow a 3A club they might lose to it might be hard to schedule these games that everyone is pushing to schedule.

14 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Another thing no one is considering is why would the Bowling Green’s of the world want to play Glasgow a 3A club they might lose to it might be hard to schedule these games that everyone is pushing to schedule.

I agree playing Glasgow does nothing for a BG or SW. I don´t see a situation that either would play that game. I say a Logan, O´catholic, Bardstown, Taylor County would make more sense.

 

Yes, Glasgow is trending up but you made a good point about the last 4 years. This was the first year in the past 4 that Glasgow hosted a playoff game. ACS, Barren, Adair, and Hart were also all down this past year which hurt the SOS/RPI for Glasgow. All 4 of those are rural/county schools that are simply going to have up and down years.

  • Author

Let’s not forgot Glasgow took South down to the wire a few years ago and also beat Greenwood handily recently also. 
 

I'm hearing scheduling one of the Laurel county schools next cycle is a good possibility. 

4 hours ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Let’s not forgot Glasgow took South down to the wire a few years ago and also beat Greenwood handily recently also. 
 

I'm hearing scheduling one of the Laurel county schools next cycle is a good possibility. 

That would be a peculiar game for Glasgow, we have no history with either but with Arnett being at Boyle he may have a relationship with some of those guys. That are both bigger schools and while I don’t think they’ve had a great tradition they were both good last year.

Whether peculiar or not Glasgow needs to improve their schedule. I believe their rpi was 6th last year even though they were undefeated. Tells you everything you need to know about their schedule. 

1 hour ago, know your role said:

Whether peculiar or not Glasgow needs to improve their schedule. I believe their rpi was 6th last year even though they were undefeated. Tells you everything you need to know about their schedule. 

I didn’t say it would be a bad game just not one you would expect Glasgow to play they have never played neither team. 

The Scotties will go as far as their line takes them they have plenty of skill position talent they just need those guys up front to block for them. I do think their line will be better last year they only had about 6 guys to rotate they have several freshmen and sophomores from last year that are a year older and stronger hopefully that can be a strength this year. 

Can’t wait to get the season started summer seems like it drags on forever. I think Glasgow will again go undefeated in the regular season and have as good a chance as anyone else in 3A to play CAL in the championship.

  Glasgow could very well be the second-best team in 3A this season. With Holley transferring in from Florida and a skill group led by Bradley, this may be the most talented set of playmakers Glasgow has had in several years.

 Up front, I think the offensive line will be better than many people expect. From everything I’m hearing, Huffman and the rest of the group have had a strong offseason and should be a solid unit.

   Defensively, Glasgow may be even faster than they were a year ago. The defense was among the state’s best for most of last season, and there’s a good chance they can be right back in that conversation this year.

   The schedule is a little tougher with Southwestern Pulaski, a strong 5A program, replacing Clay County (TN) in Week 1, but Glasgow has the talent to handle that challenge.

    Overall, the reports coming out of Glasgow have been very positive. If they stay healthy, another undefeated regular season and a deep playoff run are definitely realistic goals

Any word on who the Scotties will be picking up on the schedule if the rumors of them dropping Monroe & Allen are true? I do not blame Arnett at all for dropping the Monroe game. It is 100% a lose lose scenario for Glasgow. 

36 minutes ago, BigBoss69 said:

Any word on who the Scotties will be picking up on the schedule if the rumors of them dropping Monroe & Allen are true? I do not blame Arnett at all for dropping the Monroe game. It is 100% a lose lose scenario for Glasgow. 

Atherton. 

11 hours ago, DearToday said:

Atherton. 

So I’m assuming everyone thinks Atherton will continue to be a good team because for years they were atrocious and if they are better for only a year or two like a lot of non traditional powers do occasionally then they might not be a upgrade.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.