Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Glasgow Scotties

Featured Replies

Glasgow should consider dropping Monroe County from the schedule. It’s a no-win situation for them— a victory doesn’t improve there standing, and a loss would seriously hurt the RPI. At least playing Allen County, as a 4A team, provides more value.

7 hours ago, know your role said:

Glasgow desperately needs to toughen up the schedule if they want to be a serious contender. I think dropping 2a Monroe and picking up a little more of a marquee game would be a big step in the right direction. Also hopefully the district will lose at least one of the six teams and allow another matchup that gets them ready for postseason.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • An average BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 4 out of 5 times. A good BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 5 out of 5 times. Kudos to the

  • DearToday
    DearToday

    Nino has done a great job with Atherton. They will be much better than the nondistrict teams that Arnett and staff inherited. 

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    QB looked like the D1 prospect he is projected to be. Plethora of weapons at his disposal as well. Glasgow looked like the best of the five teams yesterday morning at BG. Which it’s 7on7 in July so ta

Posted Images

  • Author
15 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Glasgow should consider dropping Monroe County from the schedule. It’s a no-win situation for them— a victory doesn’t improve there standing, and a loss would seriously hurt the RPI. At least playing Allen County, as a 4A team, provides more value.

Glasgow is again on the cusp of being a contender once again, Many across the state question the light schedule and doubt creeps in during the 2nd/3rd rounds of the playoffs without a schedule that matches where they want to be. Would like for them to add Logan to the regular season instead of a scrimmage, Keep the Barren county game, and maybe add someone around the likes of Greenwood, Taylor County, Etown, Bardstown, and if they have to class down, maybe Owensboro Catholic. More competitive games and the rule of thumb to class up when possible. 

Look guys they are not going to drop Monroe Co. they have been playing Monroe/Tompkinsville since like 1946. It’s their oldest continuous rival plus unless he left after last season Coach Arnett’s brother is one of Monroe’s coaches. This six team district is what is hurting them and also with Hart now taking a step back none of the teams outside of Glasgow are very good. I think Larue is improving but will never be a top 5 team in 3A. So that leaves 5 district games and 3 very traditional games, so they have two games to play with one they have Franklin which is a tradition rich 4A school the other is the bowl game, they could bring in tough opponents for that game but remember Barren has to play these games to and I doubt they are interested in bringing in great teams. So all this being said unless their district shrinks by a team or two it’s going be very hard to schedule a bunch of high quality teams.

They need to cancel those traditional games. Who cares about traditional games if they aren't prepping you for your ultimate goal. Coach Arnett will get the boys rolling!

  • Author

I have it on good authority that the current admin and coaches would prefer to drop the game or move it to a scrimmage. only potentially keeping them for gate money. I am also not sure the Don Franklin Bowl will continue either as getting teams for bowl games is a headache plus some when you are scheduling with two alternating host schools. I think Glasgow will look to be added into the Pigskin Classic or the Rafferty's Bowl and play big time games and quit messing with sub par opponents that are not helping them whatsoever. Glasgow is wanting to look to face people they want to be compared to, instead of being better than some of the bottom feeders historically in the area. 

  • Author

I also heard if Allen doesn't improve, Monroe and Allen DEFINITELY will not be on the schedule for the 27-28 cycle. 

21 minutes ago, AppalachianTactician said:

I have it on good authority that the current admin and coaches would prefer to drop the game or move it to a scrimmage. only potentially keeping them for gate money. I am also not sure the Don Franklin Bowl will continue either as getting teams for bowl games is a headache plus some when you are scheduling with two alternating host schools. I think Glasgow will look to be added into the Pigskin Classic or the Rafferty's Bowl and play big time games and quit messing with sub par opponents that are not helping them whatsoever. Glasgow is wanting to look to face people they want to be compared to, instead of being better than some of the bottom feeders historically in the area. 

I hope you are correct, but that would be a big change from historic Glasgow scheduling.

28 minutes ago, DearToday said:

They need to cancel those traditional games. Who cares about traditional games if they aren't prepping you for your ultimate goal. Coach Arnett will get the boys rolling!

I get your point, but I've gotta say I disagree. I think all schools need those traditional games to continue to cultivate the tradition, keep rivalries alive, keep the community invested more, better gate money typically, etc. Like I said, you have a point for the competition side of things, I can't fault that. I guess I am just meaning to keep the spirit of the community of high school sports alive 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

I get your point, but I've gotta say I disagree. I think all schools need those traditional games to continue to cultivate the tradition, keep rivalries alive, keep the community invested more, better gate money typically, etc. Like I said, you have a point for the competition side of things, I can't fault that. I guess I am just meaning to keep the spirit of the community of high school sports alive 

 

57 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Look guys they are not going to drop Monroe Co. they have been playing Monroe/Tompkinsville since like 1946. It’s their oldest continuous rival plus unless he left after last season Coach Arnett’s brother is one of Monroe’s coaches. This six team district is what is hurting them and also with Hart now taking a step back none of the teams outside of Glasgow are very good. I think Larue is improving but will never be a top 5 team in 3A. So that leaves 5 district games and 3 very traditional games, so they have two games to play with one they have Franklin which is a tradition rich 4A school the other is the bowl game, they could bring in tough opponents for that game but remember Barren has to play these games to and I doubt they are interested in bringing in great teams. So all this being said unless their district shrinks by a team or two it’s going be very hard to schedule a bunch of high quality teams.

The Last 10 meetings Glasgow is 10-0, has outscored Monroe 395-85 and Monroe has scored under 10 points 4 of the 10... What is the point in playing this game out of district against a 2A opponent... Let Monroe "rebuild" and in a few years maybe add it back. Especially since Monroe left the 15th basketball district and Glasgow went to 3A in football, I doubt these kids even view Monroe as a rival anymore. Glasgow had to drop Russellville for the same reason this past cycle. 

Glasgow would be asinine to keep that Candyland of a schedule moving forward. I don't see them being prepared enough to make it out of the second round if they keep the same opponents.

1 minute ago, AppalachianTactician said:

 

The Last 10 meetings Glasgow is 10-0, has outscored Monroe 395-85 and Monroe has scored under 10 points 4 of the 10... What is the point in playing this game out of district against a 2A opponent... Let Monroe "rebuild" and in a few years maybe add it back. Especially since Monroe left the 15th basketball district and Glasgow went to 3A in football, I doubt these kids even view Monroe as a rival anymore. 

Fair points to be sure. I guess I should have stated that I mean in general I am in favor of keeping tradition alive, but maybe this specific Glasgow/Monroe one may not be needed. (Yes, I realize the thread is about that one and I moved the goalpost to discuss all the rivalry games lol)

  • Author
11 minutes ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

Fair points to be sure. I guess I should have stated that I mean in general I am in favor of keeping tradition alive, but maybe this specific Glasgow/Monroe one may not be needed. (Yes, I realize the thread is about that one and I moved the goalpost to discuss all the rivalry games lol)

To be fair, I often enjoyed Glasgow's "rivalry" with Etown, Somerset, Franklin-Simpson, Russellville, and even Bowling Green and Hopkinsville back in the day. Glasgow has kept track of these rivalries very well over the years. 

Look Glasgow is on an upward trend but the way you guys are talking you want them to play in Raffertys bowl and things like that and I don’t think they are there yet. I wouldn’t think they could compete with teams like BG and Highlands and teams like that. They may eventually get there under Arnett but why schedule games you can’t compete in just to satisfy some people. I think Glasgow has the athletes to compete with about anyone but remember someone has to block for those guys and they don’t have the line to compete with those teams right now. And let’s be realistic Glasgow can probably compete with anyone in 3A not named Cal, so do we think that getting smashed early in the season against bigger teams is going to make them compete with Cal probably not.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Look Glasgow is on an upward trend but the way you guys are talking you want them to play in Raffertys bowl and things like that and I don’t think they are there yet. I wouldn’t think they could compete with teams like BG and Highlands and teams like that. They may eventually get there under Arnett but why schedule games you can’t compete in just to satisfy some people. I think Glasgow has the athletes to compete with about anyone but remember someone has to block for those guys and they don’t have the line to compete with those teams right now. And let’s be realistic Glasgow can probably compete with anyone in 3A not named Cal, so do we think that getting smashed early in the season against bigger teams is going to make them compete with Cal probably not.

Their lower level teams have been competing with South Warren and Bowling Green for years, Just not on the varsity stage. The Glasgow Scotties want to be a top echelon program, well, you have to play other top program teams. Glasgow is a top 12 all time wins program of all time and only has a 1929 and 1942 "Mythical " State Championships to show for it. In the 80s they played BG, Corbin, and Fort Knox (state Champion level teams) and those guys are still at every game today. They KNEW they were good and wanted the challenge of playing other top teams. They didn't win a State Championship, but those guys were so proud of the "Powerhouse Era" playing State Championship tier teams. That is what @know your role @Jayman33 @DearToday @AssistantFBCoach @LongHairedRedneck69 @BillNye @scottie2hotty  all want to see out of this program. Glasgow wants to keep company with the teams that bring home hardware on a routine basis. I hope the Glasgow faithful who want their community and team to succeed are somehow able to look past @Tkinslow and his stuck in his ways idea that Glasgow should play rinky dink teams and win 9-10 games a year. Why don't we schedule Caverna, Metcalfe, Cumberland County, Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, Fulton City, and Warren County little league? Glasgow may not be at the top of the mountain yet, but they are on their way up. They are now at the point where Iron needs to sharpen Iron and they need to let these programs like Monroe and Allen to keep playing with Play-Doh and leave them in the dust. Glasgow wants to compete with BG, SW, Logan, FS, CAL, Murray, Lex Cath, Etc. They have to play them and see where they are at eventually or the great Bluegrass preps community will continue to call them paper tigers who cannot get past the 2nd round. Glasgow will nearly always be better than the surrounding little county schools, Arnett is simply wanting to look past them and he feels like he can grow Glasgow into that level of a team. Glasgow may not be there, but beating Monroe for the next 5-6 years by the same margin as they have will never make them better. 

2 hours ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

Fair points to be sure. I guess I should have stated that I mean in general I am in favor of keeping tradition alive, but maybe this specific Glasgow/Monroe one may not be needed. (Yes, I realize the thread is about that one and I moved the goalpost to discuss all the rivalry games lol)

For it to be a true rivalry, Monroe County needs to win against Glasgow from time to time. At this point, it feels like Monroe County views it as a rivalry more than Glasgow does — for Glasgow, it’s simply another matchup. The only thing Monroe County can hang their hat on is that little 4–5 year stretch around 2009. That wasn’t a rivalry — that was a temporary glitch. Once that window closed, it went right back to Glasgow owning it. One hot streak doesn’t erase years of getting handled. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.