Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Glasgow Scotties

Featured Replies

  • Author
8 minutes ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Their lower level teams have been competing with South Warren and Bowling Green for years, Just not on the varsity stage. The Glasgow Scotties want to be a top echelon program, well, you have to play other top program teams. Glasgow is a top 12 all time wins program of all time and only has a 1929 and 1942 "Mythical " State Championships to show for it. In the 80s they played BG, Corbin, and Fort Knox (state Champion level teams) and those guys are still at every game today. They KNEW they were good and wanted the challenge of playing other top teams. They didn't win a State Championship, but those guys were so proud of the "Powerhouse Era" playing State Championship tier teams. That is what @know your role @Jayman33 @DearToday @AssistantFBCoach @LongHairedRedneck69 @BillNye @scottie2hotty  all want to see out of this program. Glasgow wants to keep company with the teams that bring home hardware on a routine basis. I hope the Glasgow faithful who want their community and team to succeed are somehow able to look past @Tkinslow and his stuck in his ways idea that Glasgow should play rinky dink teams and win 9-10 games a year. Why don't we schedule Caverna, Metcalfe, Cumberland County, Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, Fulton City, and Warren County little league? Glasgow may not be at the top of the mountain yet, but they are on their way up. They are now at the point where Iron needs to sharpen Iron and they need to let these programs like Monroe and Allen to keep playing with Play-Doh and leave them in the dust. Glasgow wants to compete with BG, SW, Logan, FS, CAL, Murray, Lex Cath, Etc. They have to play them and see where they are at eventually or the great Bluegrass preps community will continue to call them paper tigers who cannot get past the 2nd round. Glasgow will nearly always be better than the surrounding little county schools, Arnett is simply wanting to look past them and he feels like he can grow Glasgow into that level of a team. Glasgow may not be there, but beating Monroe for the next 5-6 years by the same margin as they have will never make them better. 

I drank Arnett's Kool-Aide and I'm completely on board. 

  • Replies 145
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • An average BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 4 out of 5 times. A good BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 5 out of 5 times. Kudos to the

  • DearToday
    DearToday

    Nino has done a great job with Atherton. They will be much better than the nondistrict teams that Arnett and staff inherited. 

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    QB looked like the D1 prospect he is projected to be. Plethora of weapons at his disposal as well. Glasgow looked like the best of the five teams yesterday morning at BG. Which it’s 7on7 in July so ta

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Their lower level teams have been competing with South Warren and Bowling Green for years, Just not on the varsity stage. The Glasgow Scotties want to be a top echelon program, well, you have to play other top program teams. Glasgow is a top 12 all time wins program of all time and only has a 1929 and 1942 "Mythical " State Championships to show for it. In the 80s they played BG, Corbin, and Fort Knox (state Champion level teams) and those guys are still at every game today. They KNEW they were good and wanted the challenge of playing other top teams. They didn't win a State Championship, but those guys were so proud of the "Powerhouse Era" playing State Championship tier teams. That is what @know your role @Jayman33 @DearToday @AssistantFBCoach @LongHairedRedneck69 @BillNye @scottie2hotty  all want to see out of this program. Glasgow wants to keep company with the teams that bring home hardware on a routine basis. I hope the Glasgow faithful who want their community and team to succeed are somehow able to look past @Tkinslow and his stuck in his ways idea that Glasgow should play rinky dink teams and win 9-10 games a year. Why don't we schedule Caverna, Metcalfe, Cumberland County, Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, Fulton City, and Warren County little league? Glasgow may not be at the top of the mountain yet, but they are on their way up. They are now at the point where Iron needs to sharpen Iron and they need to let these programs like Monroe and Allen to keep playing with Play-Doh and leave them in the dust. Glasgow wants to compete with BG, SW, Logan, FS, CAL, Murray, Lex Cath, Etc. They have to play them and see where they are at eventually or the great Bluegrass preps community will continue to call them paper tigers who cannot get past the 2nd round. Glasgow will nearly always be better than the surrounding little county schools, Arnett is simply wanting to look past them and he feels like he can grow Glasgow into that level of a team. Glasgow may not be there, but beating Monroe for the next 5-6 years by the same margin as they have will never make them better. 

Just so ya know Cumberland doesn’t have a football team.

1 minute ago, AppalachianTactician said:

I drank Arnett's Kool-Aide and I'm completely on board. 

To be the best in the state you have to beat the best!

2 hours ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

I get your point, but I've gotta say I disagree. I think all schools need those traditional games to continue to cultivate the tradition, keep rivalries alive, keep the community invested more, better gate money typically, etc. Like I said, you have a point for the competition side of things, I can't fault that. I guess I am just meaning to keep the spirit of the community of high school sports alive 

Teams with this mentality should opt out of KHSAA play and just play a 10 game schedule. If would free up post season play and everyone wins. But the flip side is most of them will get dropped. Serious contenders do not have time for "gotta play cause they aways have" games anymore.

2 hours ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

I get your point, but I've gotta say I disagree. I think all schools need those traditional games to continue to cultivate the tradition, keep rivalries alive, keep the community invested more, better gate money typically, etc. Like I said, you have a point for the competition side of things, I can't fault that. I guess I am just meaning to keep the spirit of the community of high school sports alive 

I’d change them out for your scrimmages then. If not they’re handicapping themselves. 

1 hour ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Their lower level teams have been competing with South Warren and Bowling Green for years, Just not on the varsity stage. The Glasgow Scotties want to be a top echelon program, well, you have to play other top program teams. Glasgow is a top 12 all time wins program of all time and only has a 1929 and 1942 "Mythical " State Championships to show for it. In the 80s they played BG, Corbin, and Fort Knox (state Champion level teams) and those guys are still at every game today. They KNEW they were good and wanted the challenge of playing other top teams. They didn't win a State Championship, but those guys were so proud of the "Powerhouse Era" playing State Championship tier teams. That is what @know your role @Jayman33 @DearToday @AssistantFBCoach @LongHairedRedneck69 @BillNye @scottie2hotty  all want to see out of this program. Glasgow wants to keep company with the teams that bring home hardware on a routine basis. I hope the Glasgow faithful who want their community and team to succeed are somehow able to look past @Tkinslow and his stuck in his ways idea that Glasgow should play rinky dink teams and win 9-10 games a year. Why don't we schedule Caverna, Metcalfe, Cumberland County, Ballard Memorial, Fulton County, Fulton City, and Warren County little league? Glasgow may not be at the top of the mountain yet, but they are on their way up. They are now at the point where Iron needs to sharpen Iron and they need to let these programs like Monroe and Allen to keep playing with Play-Doh and leave them in the dust. Glasgow wants to compete with BG, SW, Logan, FS, CAL, Murray, Lex Cath, Etc. They have to play them and see where they are at eventually or the great Bluegrass preps community will continue to call them paper tigers who cannot get past the 2nd round. Glasgow will nearly always be better than the surrounding little county schools, Arnett is simply wanting to look past them and he feels like he can grow Glasgow into that level of a team. Glasgow may not be there, but beating Monroe for the next 5-6 years by the same margin as they have will never make them better. 

Yeah unless you can’t beat these teams and finish every season 5-6 do you think that helps a program. You guys are acting like this program has been a powerhouse the last 10 years how fast you forget the 3 years before last year they were very mediocre against this same kind of schedule. If Arnett gets them back to where they were in the old days then I’m all for scheduling harder but one good season against weak competition doesn’t have me believing yet. All you guys that think I don’t know anything haven’t watched every single game like I have since the 80s.

1 hour ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

Teams with this mentality should opt out of KHSAA play and just play a 10 game schedule. If would free up post season play and everyone wins. But the flip side is most of them will get dropped. Serious contenders do not have time for "gotta play cause they aways have" games anymore.

This kind of mentality falls back to thinking if you are not one of the powerhouses you shouldn’t be allowed to play guess what other teams like football to and know they ain’t winning state but unless you want a playoff system with 15-20 teams then other schools deserve to play as well and can play whoever they want to play.

An average BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 4 out of 5 times. A good BG, Owensboro, or South team will beat a very good Glasgow team 5 out of 5 times.

Kudos to the Scotties if they want to schedule the Purples, Devils, or Spartans... but to me, the targets for Glasgow in the area ought to be (within reasonable driving distance):

Franklin Simpson,
Greenwood,
O-Cath,
Logan Co.,
Christian Co.,
Pulaski Co.,
Bullitt East,
and North Hardin.   

Pick any of five of those as non-district games and it's hard for me to see the Scotties doing better than 3-2. If you wanna play the Purples, Devils, or Spartans on a regular basis, you'd better see yourself as a 5-0 or at worst, 4-1 team against a random draw of the above-listed teams. 

I do think Arnett has injected the Scotties with life, and they are certainly headed in a terrific direction, and there has been no shortage of talent in the Glasgow/Barren Co. area, so who knows... they could be a rising monster in South Central KY! 

I think any reasonable person would agree that Glasgow needs to toughen up the schedule if they want to be a player in 3A. If they continue to do what they’ve always they will undoubtedly get the results they’ve always gotten.

Edited by theguru

No one is denying that the schedule is weak and it needs to be improved but unlike others on this forum I don’t think you can just throw your traditional rivals aside and schedule the BG SW Highlands and whoever else some may think are quality teams. I think you keep the traditional games hope the district shrinks and you try to schedule tough teams but not perennial state champs for the bowl game and the last game of the season. Hopefully the district shrinks at least one team and you can add another quality opponent. If Arnett can get you to the point that you are what you were in the 80s and 90s then you can add a perennial power later on.

On 2/13/2026 at 4:37 PM, Tkinslow said:

This kind of mentality falls back to thinking if you are not one of the powerhouses you shouldn’t be allowed to play guess what other teams like football to and know they ain’t winning state but unless you want a playoff system with 15-20 teams then other schools deserve to play as well and can play whoever they want to play.

I missed where I said they shouldn't play sorry. I think what I actually did say was that they should play a 10 game schedule outside of the KHSAA which would allow them to play and then allow them not to play in the playoff. There is nothing I said that was a knock or thinking that powerhouses should be the only ones playing. However, your power house schools are going to eventually stop playing even in rivalries if they continue to be lopsided and non-beneficial. (Case in point Danville vs Boyle)

5 hours ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

I missed where I said they shouldn't play sorry. I think what I actually did say was that they should play a 10 game schedule outside of the KHSAA which would allow them to play and then allow them not to play in the playoff. There is nothing I said that was a knock or thinking that powerhouses should be the only ones playing. However, your power house schools are going to eventually stop playing even in rivalries if they continue to be lopsided and non-beneficial. (Case in point Danville vs Boyle)

They don’t have to drop out as long as the KHSAA says they can play in the playoffs than that’s what they should do if they want.

3 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

They don’t have to drop out as long as the KHSAA says they can play in the playoffs than that’s what they should do if they want.

Then they or anyone else can’t complain when they get dropped or rivalry games don’t get played cause that’s what that coach or that team wanted to do. When Arnett decides to take the next steps towards a title which will include dropping mediocre teams, rivalry, or not the Glasgow faithful should support it cause that what he wants to do.

11 minutes ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

Then they or anyone else can’t complain when they get dropped or rivalry games don’t get played cause that’s what that coach or that team wanted to do. When Arnett decides to take the next steps towards a title which will include dropping mediocre teams, rivalry, or not the Glasgow faithful should support it cause that what he wants to do.

He won’t drop them. If you would’ve noticed I didn’t say I was for keeping the rivalry games I said they will because they have always played them. I could really care either way I mean really if I was those teams I wouldn’t want to play Glasgow, Barren dropped them from the schedule when they weren’t competitive maybe Monroe and Allen might consider it themselves but they won’t year after next they will still be playing all three.

47 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

He won’t drop them. If you would’ve noticed I didn’t say I was for keeping the rivalry games I said they will because they have always played them. I could really care either way I mean really if I was those teams I wouldn’t want to play Glasgow, Barren dropped them from the schedule when they weren’t competitive maybe Monroe and Allen might consider it themselves but they won’t year after next they will still be playing all three.

I get keeping Barren and to some extent maybe Allen if they get back to being competitive. But Monroe is a lose lose IMO. I don’t get the mentality of being satisfied with being the best team in the area excluding Warren County. The goal every year should be to do whatever it takes to win a championship.

Edited by theguru

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.