Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 38 Alabama 3 (CFP Quarterfinals)

Featured Replies

Obviously some work to be done, but I can’t wrap my head around IU being in this position. Are there any parallels in college athletic history where in a matter of two years, one of the cellar dwellers of a sport ascends to these heights? The NIL world in which we live, now allows for this, but still, it’s INDIANA!

This definitely shows the power of the portal and NIL. For all of those folks talking about JMU and Tulane being included in the field what does this say with the Tide getting boat raced??? I knew they wouldn't keep them out two straight seasons.

4 minutes ago, 9068 said:

This definitely shows the power of the portal and NIL. For all of those folks talking about JMU and Tulane being included in the field what does this say with the Tide getting boat raced??? I knew they wouldn't keep them out two straight seasons.

To be fair, I think every team that thinks they deserved Alabama's spot would have gotten ran over too.

That was a good ole fashion butt whoopin'.  No way to sugar coat that for the tide.

There are now 300+ college teams, 32 NFL teams and who knows how many HS, Middle School, Pee Wee, Arena League and international leagues that will drop their head coach in an instant if the think they have a chance at Cignetti.

50 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Obviously some work to be done, but I can’t wrap my head around IU being in this position. Are there any parallels in college athletic history where in a matter of two years, one of the cellar dwellers of a sport ascends to these heights? The NIL world in which we live, now allows for this, but still, it’s INDIANA!

I feel like Indiana, for the most part, is less NIL and more about acquiring guys from the transfer portal that really fit. I could be wrong but I don't think Indiana is killing it with its NIL bank roll. I could see some donors/NIL folks wanting to throw money at the program after this season though. 

31 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

To be fair, I think every team that thinks they deserved Alabama's spot would have gotten ran over too.

 

36 minutes ago, 9068 said:

This definitely shows the power of the portal and NIL. For all of those folks talking about JMU and Tulane being included in the field what does this say with the Tide getting boat raced??? I knew they wouldn't keep them out two straight seasons.

AND Alabama beat Oklahoma to get to this game against Indiana. It's not like Bama got picked and then laid an egg in their first game. 

30 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I feel like Indiana, for the most part, is less NIL and more about acquiring guys from the transfer portal that really fit. I could be wrong but I don't think Indiana is killing it with its NIL bank roll. I could see some donors/NIL folks wanting to throw money at the program after this season though. 

Mark Cuban is involved with some of the IU NIL opportunities for students, he's got a few nickels rattling around in his couch cushions.

That was a dominant win. Indiana definitely showed as the #1 team unquestionably. And Indiana has the best college football coach nationally.

  • Author

After the game Ty Simpson suffered a cracked rib in the game vs. Indiana.

17 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

To be fair, I think every team that thinks they deserved Alabama's spot would have gotten ran over too.

I disagree at least in regards to Notre Dame. Bama heading into the playoffs hadn’t played good football in over a month even before the playoffs. Bama fortunately played an Oklahoma team in the playoffs who has zero offense and really only reason Oklahoma was in it, was cause they beat Bama. Bama wasn’t played like and wasn’t even looking like one of the best teams in the country heading into the playoffs. As Bama struggled with bad/average teams and then got boat raced by good team over the last month and a half. 
 

Indiana may have beat anyone yesterday, but I don’t think it would have been complete domination like they did against Bama. 

17 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

 

AND Alabama beat Oklahoma to get to this game against Indiana. It's not like Bama got picked and then laid an egg in their first game. 

Oklahoma when you look at their resume had not really beat anyone this year, and their best win was Bama. Besides that they hadn’t beat anyone and was horrible on offense all year. 
 

Indiana may have beat mostly anyone yesterday, but I don’t think it would have been complete domination like they did against Bama. Bama simply over the last month and a half really hasn’t looked or played like a top football team. 

What is really crazy is UC had a chance to hire Cignetti before he got the IU job. They passed him up cause they didn’t think he had enough P4 experience to lead them in to the Big 12. 

Is that for real? Could you imagine? Clifton would be rockin right now (in a good way). 

27 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Is that for real? Could you imagine? Clifton would be rockin right now (in a good way). 

Honestly I didn’t know about it either. Someone mentioned it yesterday to me, and I looked it up. Apparently Cignetti was someone they were considering, but  decided he didn’t have the P4 experience that they thought was needed for their move to the Big 12. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.