Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Conner

Featured Replies

24 minutes ago, New Colonel said:

I disagree.  You go across the river and a 20 year teacher with equal credentials is making 6 figures.  This is a metro area and the cost of living is the same in NKY as it is in Hamilton County.  NKY schools are going to continue to have issues keeping coaches and teachers when there is that kind of pay disparity.  There are plenty of people who would drive an extra 15-25 minutes to get 20+ grand more for the same work.  And when you look at football, coaching in Ohio is seen as more prestigious and most schools have better facilities and support too across the river.  If NKY schools are serious about attracting and keeping talent, the districts need to dramatically increase their payscales for teachers and increase funding for extracurriculars.  The amount of fundraising that Boone and Kenton County schools do for every extracurricular is absolutely insane.  The teams are essentially club teams that to use facilities at the schools since very little of the budgets seem to go to the extracurriculars.  

I hear you on the pay in Ohio, but I am not so sure on facilities. N. Ky. schools have done huge facility upgrades over the last 15 years or so. Even small 1A schools have turf and very nice facilities.

  • Replies 120
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Per Google AI search results: "Boone County Schools in Kentucky employ approximately 2,935 to 4,000 staff members, including over 1,300 classroom teachers as of recent data. As the third-largest

  • New Colonel
    New Colonel

    Turf is the bare minimum anymore (even though I cannot stand turf personally). However, the weight facilities overall in Ohio are vastly superior. Some schools have multiple 2 weight rooms.  Many

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    From what I'm hearing, the Conner administration is doing what they can to convince Coach Rash to stay on.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I hear you on the pay in Ohio, but I am not so sure on facilities. N. Ky. schools have done huge facility upgrades over the last 15 years or so. Even small 1A schools have turf and very nice facilities.

Turf is the bare minimum anymore (even though I cannot stand turf personally).

However, the weight facilities overall in Ohio are vastly superior. Some schools have multiple 2 weight rooms.  Many schools have multiple, yes you heard that correctly, multiple turf fields.  Only 1 KY school has a pool, whereas there are well over a dozen across the river.   I'm not saying the facilities are poor in NKY, as there are some gems, but overall, it's not even close.  Heck, Princeton in Cincy, who already had top-notch facilities, is pouring over 20 million into renovating athletic facilities.  

It's a completely different game across the river is all I'm getting at.  And no NKY district is anywhere close. 

8 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Turf is the bare minimum anymore (even though I cannot stand turf personally).

However, the weight facilities overall in Ohio are vastly superior. Some schools have multiple 2 weight rooms.  Many schools have multiple, yes you heard that correctly, multiple turf fields.  Only 1 KY school has a pool, whereas there are well over a dozen across the river.   I'm not saying the facilities are poor in NKY, as there are some gems, but overall, it's not even close.  Heck, Princeton in Cincy, who already had top-notch facilities, is pouring over 20 million into renovating athletic facilities.  

It's a completely different game across the river is all I'm getting at.  And no NKY district is anywhere close. 

Oh, overall campus, absolutely Ohio on a different level. N Ky as a group will never be there on a full campus facility all sports comparison. Bigger, more well established schools in Ohio. N Ky is a small school dominated area. And almost every one of the bigger schools in N Ky is much larger than it was 20-30 years ago. I mean Ryle and Cooper didn't even exist 35 years ago.

Since pay came up like it always does this was just published.

boonepaid.jpg

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Since pay came up like it always does this was just published.

boonepaid.jpg

Overpaid!

  • Author
1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Overpaid!

Per Google AI search results:

"Boone County Schools in Kentucky employ approximately 2,935 to 4,000 staff members, including over 1,300 classroom teachers as of recent data. As the third-largest district in Kentucky, it serves nearly 20,000 to 21,000 students across 23-25 schools."

So the superintendent is in charge of a school district with about 3,000 employees, oversees 20-some-odd schools and TWENTY-THOUSAND students and is pulling down $270K. From a personnel standpoint alone, I don't think $270K is overpayment for someone who's in charge of that many workers.

And I don't know about you, but personally speaking, I wouldn't touch a principal's job if I wasn't making north of $100K.

These numbers look more like a COMPLETELY fair salary for what's being required of those folks.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Per Google AI search results:

"Boone County Schools in Kentucky employ approximately 2,935 to 4,000 staff members, including over 1,300 classroom teachers as of recent data. As the third-largest district in Kentucky, it serves nearly 20,000 to 21,000 students across 23-25 schools."

So the superintendent is in charge of a school district with about 3,000 employees, oversees 20-some-odd schools and TWENTY-THOUSAND students and is pulling down $270K. From a personnel standpoint alone, I don't think $270K is overpayment for someone who's in charge of that many workers.

And I don't know about you, but personally speaking, I wouldn't touch a principal's job if I wasn't making north of $100K.

These numbers look more like a COMPLETELY fair salary for what's being required of those folks.

The job of a Principal is agonizingly busy. Managing a school, being present at most every extra-curricular activity, dealing with teachers, students, and parents.

 

NO THANKS. They don't get paid enough.

On 1/22/2026 at 10:09 AM, New Colonel said:

Turf is the bare minimum anymore (even though I cannot stand turf personally).

However, the weight facilities overall in Ohio are vastly superior. Some schools have multiple 2 weight rooms.  Many schools have multiple, yes you heard that correctly, multiple turf fields.  Only 1 KY school has a pool, whereas there are well over a dozen across the river.   I'm not saying the facilities are poor in NKY, as there are some gems, but overall, it's not even close.  Heck, Princeton in Cincy, who already had top-notch facilities, is pouring over 20 million into renovating athletic facilities.  

It's a completely different game across the river is all I'm getting at.  And no NKY district is anywhere close. 

The tax base for schools like Princeton derive a ton of money from business and industry unlike some NKY districts. When GE had 20k+ employees they were really rocking and rolling. My grandkids were in the Oak Hills district. Nice place, but nothing special and their teams were ok. Of course you are trying to get kids that go to Elder, St X, LaSalle, and Seton. 

On 1/22/2026 at 9:50 AM, Voice of Reason said:

I hear you on the pay in Ohio, but I am not so sure on facilities. N. Ky. schools have done huge facility upgrades over the last 15 years or so. Even small 1A schools have turf and very nice facilities.

You are aware that Kentucky teachers can retire with full benefits at 27 years but Ohio teachers now must work 35 years for full retirement. I can understand people spending their careers in Hamilton County Public, or the more affluent suburban districts like Sycamore, Forest Hills,Indian Hill, etc but I would imagine CPS could be a difficult gig. We have several family members that are nearing that 27 year mark and they all have the same sentiment.....out the door as soon as possible. I think NKY has more than adequate facilities at the majority of the schools. Again, funding and tax bases as well as school sizes are much different in Ohio.

6 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Overpaid!

Apparently you know even less about academics than athletics. Those salaries are set by the board of education (elected officials) and Boone County is probably one of the five biggest districts in the state. Usually people complain that educators are UNDERPAID......you can't win lol.

They are worth every cent.  Now, List the salaries of coaches and teachers.  Those are the 'UNDERPAID' and most valuable.

On 1/26/2026 at 2:23 PM, 9068 said:

You are aware that Kentucky teachers can retire with full benefits at 27 years but Ohio teachers now must work 35 years for full retirement. I can understand people spending their careers in Hamilton County Public, or the more affluent suburban districts like Sycamore, Forest Hills,Indian Hill, etc but I would imagine CPS could be a difficult gig. We have several family members that are nearing that 27 year mark and they all have the same sentiment.....out the door as soon as possible. I think NKY has more than adequate facilities at the majority of the schools. Again, funding and tax bases as well as school sizes are much different in Ohio.

 

Well aware, but your info isn't all the way correct. Ohio is is actually 32 years currently for full retirement, with a goal of lowering it to 30 years for full pension.  While it's 5 additional years, when you combine that with the much higher pay, and the higher payout percentage (for earliest full pension), Ohio teachers come out way on top again.  They come out on top with much, much higher lifetime earnings, and higher retirement pension payments.

 

And everywhere is a difficult gig teaching anymore, whether it's CPS, the affluent Ohio districts, or anywhere in the Commonwealth.  More and more workload keeps getting piled on teachers, benefits keep getting stripped away little by little.  While nobody gets into the field expecting to be indpendently wealthy, the benefits used to make it worthwhile (Insurance benefits especially), but those expenses,  like everyone's are becoming more and more expensive.  And it's just not worth it anymore, which is why everyone is leaving as soon as possible 27 or 32 years in their respective states.  And even more telling is that the average new teacher quits the profession altogether in less than 4 years.  Something is really wrong, but instead of actually fixing the problem, states like KY and OH are making it easier to become a teacher, which is angering a lot of veteran teachers because it makes it seem like the job isn't taken seriously and the credentials they worked hard to get aren't important anymore. Those of you with kids in school better pay attention to who is teaching your kids, because next year, it may not even be someone with a traditional credentials. 

1 hour ago, New Colonel said:

 

Well aware, but your info isn't all the way correct. Ohio is is actually 32 years currently for full retirement, with a goal of lowering it to 30 years for full pension.  While it's 5 additional years, when you combine that with the much higher pay, and the higher payout percentage (for earliest full pension), Ohio teachers come out way on top again.  They come out on top with much, much higher lifetime earnings, and higher retirement pension payments.

 

And everywhere is a difficult gig teaching anymore, whether it's CPS, the affluent Ohio districts, or anywhere in the Commonwealth.  More and more workload keeps getting piled on teachers, benefits keep getting stripped away little by little.  While nobody gets into the field expecting to be indpendently wealthy, the benefits used to make it worthwhile (Insurance benefits especially), but those expenses,  like everyone's are becoming more and more expensive.  And it's just not worth it anymore, which is why everyone is leaving as soon as possible 27 or 32 years in their respective states.  And even more telling is that the average new teacher quits the profession altogether in less than 4 years.  Something is really wrong, but instead of actually fixing the problem, states like KY and OH are making it easier to become a teacher, which is angering a lot of veteran teachers because it makes it seem like the job isn't taken seriously and the credentials they worked hard to get aren't important anymore. Those of you with kids in school better pay attention to who is teaching your kids, because next year, it may not even be someone with a traditional credentials. 

And the problem is parents. Broken families. Parents not being parents. The kid is always right and the teacher is wrong. How does all that get fixed?

A topic for another thread.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Back to this thread....I am hearing interviews have concluded and the new coach should be announced in the next few days. I think the choice has already been made, but I do not know that for sure it is just speculation. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.