Louisville Central High School Coach Resigns

LUCK

I'm not saying that Redman is interested, but there is no Trinity or St. Xavier to contend with in 3A.

I'd like to know where "the word" is coming from because this sounds almost absolutely ludicrous to me. Now, this is only my personal opinion of course, but I think to leave the 6-A becuase of having to play X & Trinity on a yearly basis would almost be like "wussing out" and I cant see Redman, as much of a competitor as he is, bowing out of 6-A just because he would no longer have to deal with X & Trinity. Redman is still one of the best coaches in the state and I would have to think that he would want to end his career coaching at the highest high school level.

Im not knocking Central, but to go from 6-A to 3-A is as a head coach, though not impossible, doesnt seem to fit Redman's persona.

Yes, this is going to be a highly sought after position but I look for this position to be filled by someone who has been fairly successful at someplace other than Male.

And, I hate to say it, but considering the population, tradition and other factors, I am guessing that the administration will take a hard look at hiring an African-American coach for this position. You can bet that there is probably going to be some intense pressure from the African American community to hire a black coach. Just look at the recent news with Rev. Coleman and his points on the Super Bowl coaches being black and his charge for the NCAA to adopt interview processes to allow for more diversity opportunities. So I can easily see this becoming a political hire. Not that this is the right thing to do, but I can see it happening. With all of the talent at Central, now would be a perfect opportunity for the Black community to call for a black coach to come in and become successful in leading a school that has such strong ties to the black community and history.

But that is just my opinion on this matter.

Good luck Central becuase I can easily see this becoming a very hot issue in the course of the next few weeks/months. And good luck to whoever they hire.

The word around Louisville is that Male's Bob Redman wants it. I can't see him leaving Male.

NO WAY, NO HOW. Bobby will retire from Male (of course he may still have 20 years still left in him :lol: ). He had the best frosh team he has ever had, is best friends with the AD, (Bob Stewart) and has 100% control over what he does and how he does it. He won't leave that behind.

I'd like to know where "the word" is coming from because this sounds almost absolutely ludicrous to me. Now, this is only my personal opinion of course, but I think to leave the 6-A becuase of having to play X & Trinity on a yearly basis would almost be like "wussing out" and I cant see Redman, as much of a competitor as he is, bowing out of 6-A just because he would no longer have to deal with X & Trinity. Redman is still one of the best coaches in the state and I would have to think that he would want to end his career coaching at the highest high school level.

Im not knocking Central, but to go from 6-A to 3-A is as a head coach, though not impossible, doesnt seem to fit Redman's persona.

Yes, this is going to be a highly sought after position but I look for this position to be filled by someone who has been fairly successful at someplace other than Male.

And, I hate to say it, but considering the population, tradition and other factors, I am guessing that the administration will take a hard look at hiring an African-American coach for this position. You can bet that there is probably going to be some intense pressure from the African American community to hire a black coach. Just look at the recent news with Rev. Coleman and his points on the Super Bowl coaches being black and his charge for the NCAA to adopt interview processes to allow for more diversity opportunities. So I can easily see this becoming a political hire. Not that this is the right thing to do, but I can see it happening. With all of the talent at Central, now would be a perfect opportunity for the Black community to call for a black coach to come in and become successful in leading a school that has such strong ties to the black community and history.

But that is just my opinion on this matter.

Good luck Central becuase I can easily see this becoming a very hot issue in the course of the next few weeks/months. And good luck to whoever they hire.

The west end loves Bob Redman. It has been feeding it for years and he has always said that there are only a few places in JC that he would coach and trust me Central is one of them.

A former AD in Jefferson Co. told me he was interested in Central back in early December. I didnt believe him. He also said that the Central job would open up. The main reason for considering leaving Male was difficlulty getting the players he wants. He also said the major drawback at Central was the class the are playing in next year. Now the Central job is open. I dont see him taking it but nothing surprises me.

I sort of understand where you come from TigerDude, but what is a shame is that you have to say, "And, I hate to say it, but considering the population, tradition and other factors, I am guessing that the administration will take a hard look at hiring an African-American coach for this position."

I am a minority coach of 16 years. I have been the head assistant and coordinator for 9 years. I am also a head track coach since 1996. I have applied for 5 jobs and I am Zero for 5. I can't count how many times, I have heard we are looking for head coaching expierence. Do you know how many Black coaches that makes available for the job? That closes the door to the likes of me and many more aspiring coaches. Trust me it is frustrating! I just want an opportunity. I used to work with an assistant coach who joined our staff for his first job. He has just landed his third head coaching job since he left our program. He is a fine coach and I have tremendous respect for what he has accomplished. It makes me wonder, if I were not a minority coach would I have had the same success getting a job as he has had.

I hate the idea that you feel it may be a political hire!!!! Wow, a qualified Minority canidate in your eyes will be a political hire. If you really think about it, there are many qualified coaches, Black or White. The Man who sells himself the best is the one who should earn the job.