Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 Gonzaga 89 (OT)

Featured Replies

Feeling great to have real Ky. basketball back!! I’m loving it!! Roll Cats!!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • And can we stop with every game being a referendum on Calipari? He’s officially become the ex girlfriend you can’t get over. Calipari did a lot of great work but it’s time to move on (like he did).

  • Wow!!! I think that Pope guy can actually coach a bit.

  • Update from my seats.

Posted Images

Something I missed at first until they replayed it was the final play of regulation. 

Pope drew up a play that would have ended the game on a walk-off lob dunk, the defender just got a hand on it coming out of the passers hand. The play was open, Zags just got a hand on the ball. The play also had an open 3 available as an option too, I believe. 

My takeaways:

- Carr did his thing, but the difference was Jaxson Robinson running the point. When Kerr went down, there was no other option but for him to step up. To me he was the MVP.

- The 1-3-1 had the Zags flummoxed the entire second half. They dropped 50 in the first, but were held to 29 in the second. 

- Pope was great, and Few was equally as bad. 

- Pretty sure the Zags missed the front end of every one and one in the second half. That was huge.

- Not sure what they were saying on the telecast, but Kerr seemed like he was getting around ok after the injury. But not a good sign if it was a calf injury (i.e. Achilles).

And can we stop with every game being a referendum on Calipari? He’s officially become the ex girlfriend you can’t get over. Calipari did a lot of great work but it’s time to move on (like he did).

Where does UK land in the rankings after loss to Clemson and win against Gonzaga?

I have to think not much change with everyone getting dinged up at least 1 game this past week.

I would think still in Top 10….

You all see Kerr’s news that just dropped?

Out indefinitely with foot injury needing surgery, might not be season ending…..

Will this create minutes for Travis Perry as PG backup to Butler? Or will Robinson assume PG duties when Butler needs a breather?

37 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

You all see Kerr’s news that just dropped?

Out indefinitely with foot injury needing surgery, might not be season ending…..

Will this create minutes for Travis Perry as PG backup to Butler? Or will Robinson assume PG duties when Butler needs a breather?

I'd say more minutes for Perry when it's not a close game. But Robinson can fill in when needed.

 

Really hate that for Kerr.

I was at the State football games yesterday and just got to watch the recording today! What a great second half by the Cats. One one hand you hate seeing them get down so much in the first half against good teams like Duke and Gonzaga. On the other hand you love seeing the fight and no quit attitude to come back and win both of those games. 
 

Hopefully they can get healthy, because this has been a trend the last 5 years or so of UK having a lot of trouble staying healthy. 

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

You all see Kerr’s news that just dropped?

Out indefinitely with foot injury needing surgery, might not be season ending…..

Will this create minutes for Travis Perry as PG backup to Butler? Or will Robinson assume PG duties when Butler needs a breather?

While I would love to see Perry get more minutes, he was way out of his league last night. Same for Chandler.

50 minutes ago, bugatti said:

While I would love to see Perry get more minutes, he was way out of his league last night. Same for Chandler.

Can Butler play 40 min then?

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

While I would love to see Perry get more minutes, he was way out of his league last night. Same for Chandler.

I think Chandler will get there. He was a legitimate big time recruit out of HS and as you already know has been away from playing at that level for an extended time. I think for the Cats to get where we want them to be he NEEDS to have time like last night so it can come back together. 

I think Perry and Noah both need to stay in the weight room and the UK athletics cafeteria. Bulk up while learning to play more off the ball this year, get some meaningful minutes off the bench next year and then become Kentucky legends as juniors and seniors. Unfortunately, and to no fault to them, it's hard to see that coming to fruition in the transfer portal era. 

16 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Where does UK land in the rankings after loss to Clemson and win against Gonzaga?

I have to think not much change with everyone getting dinged up at least 1 game this past week.

I would think still in Top 10….

image.thumb.png.4687e7674cbf90ed274592b63f2a9ad4.pngGreat graphic on what pollsters are looking at… I’m leaning towards no change.

I went back and watched the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half just to see what Mark Pope was doing with that 1-3-1 look.  It was never really a zone, it was a matchup.  They went to lengths to make it look like a zone and were diligent to line up exactly the way you'd draw it up on the white board.  On the first pass they went man and stayed man for the rest of the possession.  That's where it got interesting.  Sometimes Oweh (playing the point) took the first pass and sometimes Kriisa (playing at the foul line) took it.  It was a brilliant coaching move because it burned time off of the shot clock and got the ball out of Nembhard's hands.  What was interesting on seeing it again was that they didn't use it nearly as much as I had remembered.  They played straight man to man most of that time.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.