Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 66 Danville 0

Featured Replies

Final per the Beechwood Authority. 

Just a terrible season for the Admirals, even worse than last year.  The team scored the fewest amount of points in Class 2A (Jenkins had more at one point and they had to cancel their team!  The Ads have no such excuse!).  The Ads were young at a lot of positions but I just don't think things should have been this bad.  The Ads were not competitive in any of their 11 games.  The team is not trending well.  People talk of talent coming through the ranks but who wants to play for this right now?

The ball is now in the hands of the Danville administration.  How can you maintain the status quo after two winless seasons?  I've seen elsewhere of people saying that if there are no changes that it can be read that Danville just doesn't care about football or athletics anymore.  I hope that is not the case.  There are good fans that want this team to be good again but those in positions of power need to make it happen.

Good luck to Beechwood the rest of the way, they have one hell of a team.  Just wish we could've played them under better circumstances and in a later round!

 

If a change isn’t made at Danville I look for more transfers out. Younger talent will be elsewhere. Very disappointing year, no sign of progress with the coaching staff. Honestly if it was my call not sure the head coach wouldn’t have been fired walking off the field. 

Danville needs to fire the whole coaching staff. Clean house. What an embarrassing season. 

For the second year in a row, Danville showed up 30 minutes before the game and warmed up for about 10 minutes before kickoff. 
 

Astonishing what has happened to that program.  

It is extremely odd that Danville hasn’t won a football game in two full seasons now. Hopefully things get turned around soon however they have to. Congratulations to Beechwood on advancing.

5 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Danville needs to fire the whole coaching staff. Clean house. What an embarrassing season. 

Couldn't agree more. Everyone needs to be canned, from the Admirals' athletic director on down. Danville football has now lost 23 straight games. Coach Frank Parks is 0-22 as head coach of the Ads. I have a lot of respect for Coach Parks - and I mean that absolutely honestly - but his hire at Danville was a complete mistake from the word go.

If you're not questioning what's going on in Danville, you need to get your head checked. The coup established by former Danville baseball coach Paul Morse has absolutely gutted the once-great athletic program that was once the Danville Admirals, and it's left utter devistation in its wake.

This is unquestionably the legacy of Coach Morse: death to one of the oldest athletic dynasties in the state of Kentucky. I hope he and his zero appearances in the baseball state finals are proud.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Counldn't agree more. Everyone needs to be canned, from the Admirals' athletic director on down. Danville football has now lost 23 straight games. Coach Frank Parks is 0-22 as head coach of the Ads. I have a lot of respect for Coach Parks - and I mean that absolutely honestly - but his hire at Danville was a complete mistake from the word go.

If you're not questioning what's going on in Danville, you need to get your head checked. The coup established by former Danville baseball coach Paul Morse has absolutely gutted the once-great athletic program that was once the Danville Admirals, and it's left utter devistation in its wake.

This is unquestionably the legacy of Coach Morse: death to one of the oldest athletic dynasties in the state of Kentucky. I hope he and his zero appearances in the baseball state finals are proud.

You can blame former Principal Chad Luhman for the Parks hire. No way he should be the Football coach at Danville. Parks might be a great guy, but being a great guy and a great coach is different. Danville gets embarrassed week after week, Danville has scored 33 points all season and got put on a running clock every game but one. They were the lowest scoring team in class 2A. They were outscored 485 to 33. 

Is this the most lopsided loss in the long storied history of the program? I'm very familiar with the Ads program since 1984, and I cannot remember them giving up 66 points in a game, let alone a 66 point defeat.

 

I know this has been mentioned many times before…..but.  I don’t understand a system where everyone makes the playoffs.  Danville had to make a long trip up, including expenses, to have their boys humiliated and possibly hurt.  Beechwood risked their boys getting hurt, possibly jeopardizing the rest of the season. How is that good for either school? It certainly isn’t in the best interest of either school or the students, which is what this should be about.  Who benefits from this?

So, who’s on the shortlist of Danville candidates? No way Parks is back, although I do respect him and think he’s a fine man. Just time for a change. 

6 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

You can blame former Principal Chad Luhman for the Parks hire. No way he should be the Football coach at Danville. Parks might be a great guy, but being a great guy and a great coach is different. Danville gets embarrassed week after week, Danville has scored 33 points all season and got put on a running clock every game but one. They were the lowest scoring team in class 2A. They were outscored 485 to 33. 

 

9 minutes ago, FromTheStands05 said:

So, who’s on the shortlist of Danville candidates? No way Parks is back, although I do respect him and think he’s a fine man. Just time for a change. 

I am not looking to cost anyone their job, but I did not like what I saw on the Danville sidelines in last night's game. I will add, from the players I saw on the field last night, there is enough talent on this roster to win games. The schedule needs to be downgraded, and Danville can do that with a new scheduling cycle starting next season. Even with a schedule similar to the past two seasons, previous coach Mark Peach won 13 games in 2 seasons and WON their first round playoff game both years, which confirms for me that there is talent at Danville to win games. Good luck to Danville!

8 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

You can blame former Principal Chad Luhman for the Parks hire. No way he should be the Football coach at Danville. Parks might be a great guy, but being a great guy and a great coach is different. Danville gets embarrassed week after week, Danville has scored 33 points all season and got put on a running clock every game but one. They were the lowest scoring team in class 2A. They were outscored 485 to 33.

I believe Parks was hired because of his relationship with former Super Greg Ross, who then leaves after only a year on the job. 

  • Author
4 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I know this has been mentioned many times before…..but.  I don’t understand a system where everyone makes the playoffs.  Danville had to make a long trip up, including expenses, to have their boys humiliated and possibly hurt.  Beechwood risked their boys getting hurt, possibly jeopardizing the rest of the season. How is that good for either school? It certainly isn’t in the best interest of either school or the students, which is what this should be about.  Who benefits from this?

4 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I know this has been mentioned many times before…..but.  I don’t understand a system where everyone makes the playoffs.  Danville had to make a long trip up, including expenses, to have their boys humiliated and possibly hurt.  Beechwood risked their boys getting hurt, possibly jeopardizing the rest of the season. How is that good for either school? It certainly isn’t in the best interest of either school or the students, which is what this should be about.  Who benefits from this?

Who benefits? Players and coaches who love the game and want to compete every chance they can get. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.