Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Touchdown Celebrations

Featured Replies

What is allowed by the KHSAA and is it any different in Kentucky than it is in other states?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I think your RPI should go up with a good TD celebration.

  • I like the maxim "When you get to the end zone act like you've been there before......" but then I'm a bit old school.  

  • Anyone old enough to remember billy white shoes Johnson?  He may have been the original when it comes to TD celebrations.  

Posted Images

9-5-1

"No player shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner once the game officials assume authority for the game.

Examples are, but not limited to:

[c] any delayed, excessive or prolonged act by which a player attempts to focus attention upon himself."

 

Cannot speak to other states.

 

 

 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, JIM SEYMOUR # 85 said:

9-5-1

"No player shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner once the game officials assume authority for the game.

Examples are, but not limited to:

[c] any delayed, excessive or prolonged act by which a player attempts to focus attention upon himself."

 

Cannot speak to other states.

 

 

 

Fair enough.  What does that mean?  Back in my day any type of post touchdown celebration was an automatic penalty.  Today I am seeing a lot of celebrations after scores with no penalty. 

23 minutes ago, theguru said:

Fair enough.  What does that mean?  Back in my day any type of post touchdown celebration was an automatic penalty.  Today I am seeing a lot of celebrations after scores with no penalty. 

I think it basically means it’s up to the discretion of the officials as to if they deem it to be unsportsmanlike or not.  To me it’s like holding, PI, etc.  some officials are more lenient & some aren’t.  I absolutely love rules like this ?‍♂️ 

  • Author
Just now, Unrivaled97 said:

I think it basically means it’s up to the discretion of the officials as to if they deem it to be unsportsmanlike or not.  To me it’s like holding, PI, etc.  some officials are more lenient & some aren’t.  I absolutely love rules like this ?‍♂️ 

Same. ?

I like the maxim "When you get to the end zone act like you've been there before......" but then I'm a bit old school.  

I think your RPI should go up with a good TD celebration.

Anyone old enough to remember billy white shoes Johnson?  He may have been the original when it comes to TD celebrations.

 

image.gif.6a40ef040e6a2472a06d35407f4bd5b6.gif

I'm fine as long as it doesn't taunt an opponent or takes more that 5 or 10 seconds. Score, celebrate and get back to work. 

I'm not talking about organic celebrations where teammates run up and are excited and congratulating a touchdown. I'm talking about limiting pre-planned or choreographed celebrations that need to be limited to a few seconds.

I like to see a little celebration - as long as it’s appropriate and not taunting to another player. If they wanna cut a rug after a 60 yd TD what’s it hurting anyone? Let the players celebrate with their teammates and carry on. 

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Fair enough.  What does that mean?  Back in my day any type of post touchdown celebration was an automatic penalty.  Today I am seeing a lot of celebrations after scores with no penalty. 

Agree with you "back in the day"

Unfortunately I think there is a lack of uniformity among Officials.

What one crew/Official won't tolerate - others will.

A Shame. 

Hand the ball to the ref and get ready for the XP. Unless you’re an offensive linemen. If they score they should be allowed to spike it and dance with the other 4 linemen.

Act like you have been there before....And if not, FAKE IT!?

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I'm fine as long as it doesn't taunt an opponent or takes more that 5 or 10 seconds. Score, celebrate and get back to work. 

I'm not talking about organic celebrations where teammates run up and are excited and congratulating a touchdown. I'm talking about limiting pre-planned or choreographed celebrations that need to be limited to a few seconds.

I agree with this. Do your quick dance/celebration, hand the ball to the referee and move on. 

Up to refs discretion for sure. Every game this year, it seems as long as the scoring player isn't facing an opposing player, they have up to 3 seconds to get it over with. If another player on the scoring team becomes a part of the celebration, that's a flag. 

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.