Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel at Covington Catholic (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Any word on QB’s?  Who started? Who looked good?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    Wow…..starting QB on both sides of the ball….all in on Harney it looks…..and for the record I am all for it especially on D….

  • I was at the game Friday.  North Laurel did not look good on offense or defense.  I'm not sure who they have scheduled this year, but it could be a long season for them at all levels.   On the fl

  • Sounds like the kid is everywhere. Offense, defense and at the SK scrimmage. An eventful Friday night 

32 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Any word on QB’s?  Who started? Who looked good?

Harney played nearly all of the game as QB1, at least up until the point I stopped getting updates.  He also started on defense.  

 

Just now, The Double Deuce said:

Harney played nearly all of the game as QB1, at least up until the point I stopped getting updates.  He also started on defense.  

 

Wow…..starting QB on both sides of the ball….all in on Harney it looks…..and for the record I am all for it especially on D….

8 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Wow…..starting QB on both sides of the ball….all in on Harney it looks…..and for the record I am all for it especially on D….

Sounds like the kid is everywhere. Offense, defense and at the SK scrimmage. An eventful Friday night 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, bmcrph said:

Sounds like the kid is everywhere. Offense, defense and at the SK scrimmage. An eventful Friday night 

Pretty sure it was him SK scrimmage started at 7pm it was after halftime when I seen made we wonder if CovCath had a scrimmage. 

Who was QB after Cash Money came out? 
 

  • Author
16 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

Wow…..starting QB on both sides of the ball….all in on Harney it looks…..and for the record I am all for it especially on D….

I love it! Harney is a stud!

For those that watched this scrimmage, what are your thoughts on North Laurel?

I've heard varied predictions on that team and I'm just wondering what they look like.

Harney is a great HS athlete.  D1 talent but D3 size.  I expect that he will have a great season this year both on the field and on the hardwood.

On 8/17/2024 at 12:34 PM, RedHawk said:

Who was QB after Cash Money came out? 
 

Queen.

Missed the scrimmage while I was in NYC....my phone was out of commission but I made pals with one of the bellmen in the lobby of my hotel and we listened to the first half on his phone, lol.

Harney started at QB for the Colonels. From the sound of things there was a little bit of knocking the dust off in the 1Q as far as the Colonels' offense is concerned, they got into much better form in the 2Q. Cov Cath had 11 players on the sideline wearing their civies for the scrimmage, including some key starters - leading tackler Tate Kruer among them. Most were for minor injuries and the coaching staff made the decision to sit them for the scrimmage rather than risking any exacerbation of injuries prior to the actual season starting.

Cov Cath's defense was lights out against the run game. North Laurel has a very good QB with a serious arm, and a couple of very fast receivers, so they were able to get off a handful of nice passing plays, including an 80+ yard TD pass to score first in the scrimmage. The TD came early in the 2Q.

Cov Cath scored three times in the 2Q. The first TD came after Dylan Gaiser had a great return to about the NL 40 yard line. Harney had a great pass for about 18 yards to Nick Krallman and they were at the edge of the redzone. The next play was just outside of the 20 yard line. First down was a pass play that NL had covered well, so Harney tucked the ball to scramble, was hit at the 6 or 7 yard line, fumbled the ball, and then jumped on his own fumble in the endzone for a TD. The second touchdown was a 3 yard run by Logan Sanning off of a really nice seal to block from Andrew Bessler. Third TD was on a 27 yard pass play to Logan Sanning with 12 seconds remaining in the half. Weitzel had kickoff duties for the first two quarters as well as all 3 of the first half PAT's, so it appears for now he is retaining his job as starting kicker over Ryan Urti, the transfer kicker from Charlotte Catholic in North Carolina.

3Q Emmett Queen came in at QB, I believe he was the only QB the entire quarter. He had a couple of mishandled snaps from the shotgun, including a couple that resulted in a loss of 5 or 6 yards. I wasn't watching so I don't know if those were more an issue of the snaps being off the mark, or Queen miscues on Queen's part. Definitely sounded like something to work on, though. Cov Cath punted to finish their first drive. The second drive for Cov Cath stalled inside of the NL 10 yard after a 1st and goal. 3rd down was another shotgun snap that ended up with Queen falling on the ball in the backfield after a bad snap exchange. Ryan Urti was brought on for a field goal to put Cov Cath up 24-7.

4Q was all JV and freshman action.

Looked like good snaps from where I was sitting so I don't know what the issue was.

On 8/17/2024 at 3:35 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

For those that watched this scrimmage, what are your thoughts on North Laurel?

I've heard varied predictions on that team and I'm just wondering what they look like.

I was at the game Friday.  North Laurel did not look good on offense or defense.  I'm not sure who they have scheduled this year, but it could be a long season for them at all levels.  

On the flip side CCH didn't look great either.   On offense the O-line seemed good, the passing game was okay, and the running game was poor at best.  I didn't see any of the stats if there are any, but our offense needs some work.   

On the defensive side of the ball, I thought we looked good for where we are at in the season.  The 7 points that North Laurel scored came off of a long pass play where I suspect the defender was in the wrong coverage.  There were other lesser mistakes that are very fixable considering the number of new faces at new positions on the field.  Overall, I think the scrimmage accomplished it's purpose of getting some of these guys a little game experience before the season starts and knocking the rust off for the guys that played a lot last year.   Looking forward to Ryle this week.  Go Colonels!

8 hours ago, UKato91 said:

I was at the game Friday.  North Laurel did not look good on offense or defense.  I'm not sure who they have scheduled this year, but it could be a long season for them at all levels.  

On the flip side CCH didn't look great either.   On offense the O-line seemed good, the passing game was okay, and the running game was poor at best.  I didn't see any of the stats if there are any, but our offense needs some work.   

On the defensive side of the ball, I thought we looked good for where we are at in the season.  The 7 points that North Laurel scored came off of a long pass play where I suspect the defender was in the wrong coverage.  There were other lesser mistakes that are very fixable considering the number of new faces at new positions on the field.  Overall, I think the scrimmage accomplished it's purpose of getting some of these guys a little game experience before the season starts and knocking the rust off for the guys that played a lot last year.   Looking forward to Ryle this week.  Go Colonels!

Thanks, that's more in line with what I expected. Someone recently told me that NL was going to be good this year and I was skeptical to say the least. This kinda confirms my original thoughts on them.

 

CCH’s top receiver is out for at least a month so time for Bradshaw and Brooks to step up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.