Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Restaurant Experiences

Featured Replies

  • Author
45 minutes ago, I gotta go to work said:

For me its the wings and all the TVs. Just a solid sports bar.

And there's another thing where I'm just different than others. Fried chicken is one of my five favorite foods. I couldn't care less about wings.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • We may be the only people that are not impressed with Bards Burgers.  It did not seem clean to us.  The burgers were average.  The bill for two burgers and two drinks plus tip was over $50.  We prefer

  • Tranquility Base
    Tranquility Base

    Only place I have gone to recently where I dined in was Dave and Busters, in Florence.  Went largely because my daughters and their friends wanted to play games.  That part was fine. The service

  • allsport71
    allsport71

    If you like fried chicken, the log cabin is hard to beat, my favorite fried chicken by far, takes about 20 minutes with two sides, and portions are huge.

We at at the Greyhound Grill the other night.  I have been eating there on and off for 40 plus years.  My last two meals there were not good at all.  It hasn’t been the same since it sold.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

And there's another thing where I'm just different than others. Fried chicken is one of my five favorite foods. I couldn't care less about wings.

If you like fried chicken, the log cabin is hard to beat, my favorite fried chicken by far, takes about 20 minutes with two sides, and portions are huge.

11 hours ago, nkypete said:

We may be the only people that are not impressed with Bards Burgers.  It did not seem clean to us.  The burgers were average.  The bill for two burgers and two drinks plus tip was over $50.  We prefer Knuk-N-Futz up the hill in Taylor Mill.  Better food, better atmosphere, better price.

My kids and I used to go to Knuk-N-Futz all the time.   But then they stopped serving the pizza sticks that my daughter loved, so the motivation to go back decreased, a lot.

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

My kids and I used to go to Knuk-N-Futz all the time.   But then they stopped serving the pizza sticks that my daughter loved, so the motivation to go back decreased, a lot.

They are crowded every night now that they have the patio.  My favorite is the Hawaiian burger.  It is a 3-4 napkin experience.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

They are crowded every night now that they have the patio.  My favorite is the Hawaiian burger.  It is a 3-4 napkin experience.

LOL. I have an aversion to calling something "Hawai'ian" simply because a piece of pineapple was slapped on there.   I will sometimes order a pizza with ham and pineapple, but will never order a "Hawai'ian"

For real Hawai'ian food, nothing beats Kealoha's Kitchen.  It used to be in Latonia but recently moved to MainStrasse.  Into the old Dee Felice spot.  Spam Musubi is aces and the pineapple/teriyaki brisket is amazing.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

LOL. I have an aversion to calling something "Hawai'ian" simply because a piece of pineapple was slapped on there.   I will sometimes order a pizza with ham and pineapple, but will never order a "Hawai'ian"

For real Hawai'ian food, nothing beats Kealoha's Kitchen.  It used to be in Latonia but recently moved to MainStrasse.  Into the old Dee Felice spot.  Spam Musubi is aces and the pineapple/teriyaki brisket is amazing.

Thanks. Another place I'm going to need to check out. Recently had Hawaiian food while in Seattle. It was excellent.

13 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

LOL. I have an aversion to calling something "Hawai'ian" simply because a piece of pineapple was slapped on there.   I will sometimes order a pizza with ham and pineapple, but will never order a "Hawai'ian"

For real Hawai'ian food, nothing beats Kealoha's Kitchen.  It used to be in Latonia but recently moved to MainStrasse.  Into the old Dee Felice spot.  Spam Musubi is aces and the pineapple/teriyaki brisket is amazing.

The owner is a great dude, and good friend of mine. The food there is excellent, and definitely something different and worth the trip. My favorite is the Poke Tuna. The beef short ribs are also excellent. 

13 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

LOL. I have an aversion to calling something "Hawai'ian" simply because a piece of pineapple was slapped on there.   I will sometimes order a pizza with ham and pineapple, but will never order a "Hawai'ian"

For real Hawai'ian food, nothing beats Kealoha's Kitchen.  It used to be in Latonia but recently moved to MainStrasse.  Into the old Dee Felice spot.  Spam Musubi is aces and the pineapple/teriyaki brisket is amazing.

My wife and I will check it out.  Thanks.

Took a little road trip to SE KY this weekend and ate twice at a place called Billy Ray’s in Prestonsburg.   Maybe the tastiest omelet I ever scarfed down. 

On 6/26/2024 at 11:14 PM, Tranquility Base said:

LOL. I have an aversion to calling something "Hawai'ian" simply because a piece of pineapple was slapped on there.   I will sometimes order a pizza with ham and pineapple, but will never order a "Hawai'ian"

For real Hawai'ian food, nothing beats Kealoha's Kitchen.  It used to be in Latonia but recently moved to MainStrasse.  Into the old Dee Felice spot.  Spam Musubi is aces and the pineapple/teriyaki brisket is amazing.

Just saw that Kealoha's Kitchen is closing.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2025/10/10/northern-kentucky-hawaiian-restaurant-kealohas-kitchen-closing/86620868007/

"Covington's beloved mom-and-pop Hawaiian restaurant announced Oct. 10 it's closing due to financial difficulties."

I was afraid this might happen when they moved from Latonia down to MainStrasse.  They would have had to do a TON more business there just to afford the rent.  And evidently, that did not happen.

It was good while it lasted.

The best restaurants are in Covington! Blinkers Tavern!

18 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Just saw that Kealoha's Kitchen is closing.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2025/10/10/northern-kentucky-hawaiian-restaurant-kealohas-kitchen-closing/86620868007/

"Covington's beloved mom-and-pop Hawaiian restaurant announced Oct. 10 it's closing due to financial difficulties."

I was afraid this might happen when they moved from Latonia down to MainStrasse.  They would have had to do a TON more business there just to afford the rent.  And evidently, that did not happen.

It was good while it lasted.

Hopefully they will at least bring their food truck back. Mainstrasse and that large of a space was just a bad fit for them. Needed to be more bar oriented, which just was their nich. The food business is just so tough.

If folks in NKY haven't tried it, I'd suggest El Ocho Loco in the Stevenson Plaza in Erlanger. It's probably been around for 5 or 6 years but not a lot of folks know about it. It's pretty small on the inside but they do offer carry out and they are available on Door Dash. Really good food and the owner, who works in the restaurant, is very nice as well. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

If folks in NKY haven't tried it, I'd suggest El Ocho Loco in the Stevenson Plaza in Erlanger. It's probably been around for 5 or 6 years but not a lot of folks know about it. It's pretty small on the inside but they do offer carry out and they are available on Door Dash. Really good food and the owner, who works in the restaurant, is very nice as well. 

Never been in there, but I door dash from there all the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.