Woodny Turrene...FIVE STAR DB...commits...

RockPride

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess this is a great example of why the SEC is the SEC. Year in and out I hear how the SEC is down basketball, football, doesn't matter. I hear the same squack every year. Maybe true that they are down but still hold both national championships and obviously the strongest conference in the country with both sports. Some people just set the bar higher. Maybe some of the other conferences will set the same standards and remember the importance of academics. Oh I forgot, Louisville and the Big East played more Thursday night games than any team or league in the country. Probably good for recruiting but I doubt it helps with academics.

Guess this is a great example of why the SEC is the SEC. Year in and out I hear how the SEC is down basketball, football, doesn't matter. I hear the same squack every year. Maybe true that they are down but still hold both national championships and obviously the strongest conference in the country with both sports. Some people just set the bar higher. Maybe some of the other conferences will set the same standards and remember the importance of academics. Oh I forgot, Louisville and the Big East played more Thursday night games than any team or league in the country. Probably good for recruiting but I doubt it helps with academics.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Left field is claiming plagiarism...

So you are now bragging about academics in the SEC? I graduated from an SEC school and am very proud of that fact. But c'mon, the SEC has a pretty poor history of academic integrity. I love the SEC and in football they are second to none, IMO. However, claiming the academic highground is laughable. The Big East has many schools with as fine an academic tradition as Vanderbilt, our academic standardbearer. Lets stick to sports.