Woodny Turrene...FIVE STAR DB...commits...

RockPride

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid won the state 100-meters with a time of 10.34 (electronic)

"Woodny Turenne, CB--Woodny is the top rated JUCO recruit in the nation and he has Florida way out in front. The only problem is the academic side of the house due to the stringent academic transfer rules the Southeastern Conference applies to incoming junior college players. Florida missed out on Larry Grant last year due to this issue, who just so happens to be playing for the Ohio State Buckeyes!!"

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/floridacolumn.htm

Speed kills and he has plenty of that!

Funny how? Maybe you have heard of Georgetown? or Villanova? or Notre Dame? :rolleyes:

I thought we were just talking about the Big East's football schools since this guy is a football player. When you think of academic institutions, WVU, USF, UL, UC don't come to mind. Notre Dame is an excellent school and Georgetown is very good as well.

I thought we were just talking about the Big East's football schools since this guy is a football player. When you think of academic institutions, WVU, USF, UL, UC don't come to mind. Notre Dame is an excellent school and Georgetown is very good as well.

Pittsburg is ranked about fifty spots ahead of UK as is Syracuse. UK comes in around 112 or so. LSU and MSU are below UK as I didn't see them ranked. My point is plenty valid. SEC fans can't play the academic card with the Big East. I wish we could, but we can't. IF you want to brag about the whole student/athlete thing choose the ACC, the best of both worlds.:thumb:

Pittsburg is ranked about fifty spots ahead of UK as is Syracuse. UK comes in around 112 or so. LSU and MSU are below UK as I didn't see them ranked. My point is plenty valid. SEC fans can't play the academic card with the Big East. I wish we could, but we can't. IF you want to brag about the whole student/athlete thing choose the ACC, the best of both worlds.:thumb:

I never metioned the SEC's academic performance, but rather, this was the only point I took issue with

The Big East has many schools with as fine an academic tradition as Vanderbilt, our academic standardbearer.

That's not true. The football conference has ZERO and the basketball conference has two. Just keeping you in line.:cool:

I never metioned the SEC's academic performance, but rather, this was the only point I took issue with

That's not true. The football conference has ZERO and the basketball conference has two. Just keeping you in line.:cool:

The original discussion was about the Big East playing on Thursday nights and its effect on academics. First, the SEC has discovered Thursday night football. Second, the SEC holds no superiority over the Big East in Academics. Go back and read the entire thread and maybe you will be able to grasp the concept. I know you don't have the advantage of an SEC education, but I'm quite sure you will be able to get it.:cool: