Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodny Turrene...FIVE STAR DB...commits...

Featured Replies

If you think so then talk to UK fans about finding a Power Forward instead.

 

 

Huh? :confused:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, if U of L is on equal footing with the likes of Florida, Michigan, Southern Cal, and Ohio State for four and five star recruits, I'm great with that. :ylsuper:

 

 

Im not sure I'd go as far as saying they're equal just yet. :lol:

Question. Were the Cards in on this kid all along, or is this a Kragthorpe recruit?

 

 

Anyone??

Anyone??
All along. Apparently, he was close to signing before Petrino left, but then backed away a little.

 

But as we've all seen, Kragthorpe is a heck of a closer.

The kid won the state 100-meters with a time of 10.34 (electronic)

 

"Woodny Turenne, CB--Woodny is the top rated JUCO recruit in the nation and he has Florida way out in front. The only problem is the academic side of the house due to the stringent academic transfer rules the Southeastern Conference applies to incoming junior college players. Florida missed out on Larry Grant last year due to this issue, who just so happens to be playing for the Ohio State Buckeyes!!"

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/floridacolumn.htm

Speed kills and he has plenty of that!

  • Author

Woodny Turrene's electronically timed 100m of 10.34 seconds, would've put him 5th in the 2005 NCAA Track and Field championships...that's 5th in all of college...now that's fast...with more to come.

Funny how? Maybe you have heard of Georgetown? or Villanova? or Notre Dame? :rolleyes:

I thought we were just talking about the Big East's football schools since this guy is a football player. When you think of academic institutions, WVU, USF, UL, UC don't come to mind. Notre Dame is an excellent school and Georgetown is very good as well.

I dont care what team it is, a 5 star signee is a 5-star signee... No matter how you get him.

I thought we were just talking about the Big East's football schools since this guy is a football player. When you think of academic institutions, WVU, USF, UL, UC don't come to mind. Notre Dame is an excellent school and Georgetown is very good as well.

Pittsburg is ranked about fifty spots ahead of UK as is Syracuse. UK comes in around 112 or so. LSU and MSU are below UK as I didn't see them ranked. My point is plenty valid. SEC fans can't play the academic card with the Big East. I wish we could, but we can't. IF you want to brag about the whole student/athlete thing choose the ACC, the best of both worlds.:thumb:

Pittsburg is ranked about fifty spots ahead of UK as is Syracuse. UK comes in around 112 or so. LSU and MSU are below UK as I didn't see them ranked. My point is plenty valid. SEC fans can't play the academic card with the Big East. I wish we could, but we can't. IF you want to brag about the whole student/athlete thing choose the ACC, the best of both worlds.:thumb:

I never metioned the SEC's academic performance, but rather, this was the only point I took issue with

 

The Big East has many schools with as fine an academic tradition as Vanderbilt, our academic standardbearer.

That's not true. The football conference has ZERO and the basketball conference has two. Just keeping you in line.:cool:

I won't argue that the SEC is the strongest football conference in the nation. It is, but I disagree with it being the strongest in basketball. That is arbitrary. Women's basketball, I think so, but not the mens.

I never metioned the SEC's academic performance, but rather, this was the only point I took issue with

 

 

That's not true. The football conference has ZERO and the basketball conference has two. Just keeping you in line.:cool:

The original discussion was about the Big East playing on Thursday nights and its effect on academics. First, the SEC has discovered Thursday night football. Second, the SEC holds no superiority over the Big East in Academics. Go back and read the entire thread and maybe you will be able to grasp the concept. I know you don't have the advantage of an SEC education, but I'm quite sure you will be able to get it.:cool:

True, however, it is easier for a kid to get athletic scholarship into a Big East school out of the JUCO ranks than it is to get into an SEC school.

I don't think too many will argue the overall academic side.

the advantage of an SEC education,

Ain't dat what dey call an oxymoron?:creepy:

Ain't dat what dey call an oxymoron?:creepy:

 

My point exactly.:thumb:

 

You know what they say down in Baton Rouge... "it aint the heat, its the stupidity".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.