Woodny Turrene...FIVE STAR DB...commits...

RockPride

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's hilarious is that EVERYTIME UL gets a big recruit, you come back as the antagonist as to why he came to UL....bravo, good man.

OK no one should question Willie Williams?

Fact is a kid can't get into Florida, but can at UL and I am being antagonistic.

Josh Chichester wanted OSU, but couldn't get in. He lands at UL.

I am being antagonistic?

Facts my man...

Fact is a kid can't get into Florida, but can at UL and I am being antagonistic.

I am being antagonistic?

Facts my man...

But your tone on ALL occasions is that, "Oh, he only came to UL is because nobody else wanted him..."

Broad strokes.

Willie Williams has marks on him from where people were hitting him with a 10 foot pole.

Turrene is fact.

Should UL brood over that. Heck no, I would be ecstatic.

IF Williams messes up, send him packing...I don't believe he will, but hey, I've been surprised before.

If Turrene really wanted to go to Florida all that bad, but "settled" for UL, cool with that too...That means he must think UL is on the same level with UF, and if Im not mistaken, I believe they won the title this year....;)

I am being antagonistic?

Facts my man...

Was Brian Brohm or Micheal Bush to stupid to go anywhere but UofL?

I know that isn't your point, but the assumption that these recruits are only going to UofL because they missed out on there first choice shows a great deal of disrespect to the Louisville program. Even if it was the case for all these players, Louisville was still one of many options for them to choose and they still chose Louisville, 2nd out of 119 ain't to shabby.

Louisville's football team is no dumber than Florida's.

Louisville abides by the NCAA rules for enrollment, if other schools choose to use different criteria, that is thier problem. And lets not kid ourselves here, be it Duke or EKU, athletes are given academic support and guidence in college above the typical student to insure they are as successful as they can be in academics. Schools making academic allowances for athletes, is not the exception but rather the rule. Florida is a large enough university that players can meander through ballet and intro to paint drying classes until they are ready to make the NFL jump. If Florida had wanted him to be there they would have ensured that he did everything possible to make himself eligible.

The SEC requires an extra math class for JUCO transfers that most other conferences do not. They require a college level algebra class to qualify for admission into an SEC school.

Larry Grant was the number one JC recruit in the country at the LB position. he verballed to Florida. However, he had to take a college level algebra class to gain admission into school. He didn't want to take the class. So he went to Florida.

Turrene is in the same boat. However, he is not graduating until May. he didn't want to take the extra college algebra class to get into Florida.

The Big East doesn't require the class, nor does the Big East.

Therefore, it is to Louisville's gain.

Slice it however you want. But that is fact.

There are hundreds of kids who want to go to various schools who simply can't based on scholarship offers and the like, and they end up somewhere else and do just fine.

It is a nice pickup for UL.

Before you bash labs, check out some other sites on the net. This recruit not being able to get into UF isn't something he just made up. Others are reporting the same information, even UL fans have said as much. Who cares why he committed, he did, congrats.