Cincinnati 72 Kansas 52

Skillings 25 pts 7 rbs... 15 pts over the final 10 mins. Kid took over this game. 

Newman 12 pts, 7 rbs

Jizzle James 11 pts

Lukosius 10 pts

Thomas 8 pts

Bandaogo 9 rbs

Kansas really struggled against UC's size, length, and athleticism without McCullar and Dickinson. UC out-rebounded KU 49-38. 

Baylor up next. They beat UC by 3 on January 13th but Aziz Bandaogo did not play in that game. Will be interesting to see if UC can keep this momentum going. A win over Baylor and they're back in the bubble conversation. 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Skillings 25 pts 7 rbs... 15 pts over the final 10 mins. Kid took over this game. 

Newman 12 pts, 7 rbs

Jizzle James 11 pts

Lukosius 10 pts

Thomas 8 pts

Bandaogo 9 rbs

Kansas really struggled against UC's size, length, and athleticism without McCullar and Dickinson. UC out-rebounded KU 49-38. 

Baylor up next. They beat UC by 3 on January 13th but Aziz Bandaogo did not play in that game. Will be interesting to see if UC can keep this momentum going. A win over Baylor and they're back in the bubble conversation. 

Does UC have to win this tournament to get into the dance?

26 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Does UC have to win this tournament to get into the dance?

During the game broadcast, they said Lunardi had them just making it in back when they played Kansas and lost a month or so ago.  It sounded like they were on the fringe.  A win today would probably help as the game against Kansas is a bit skewed with their best 2 players out. 

Good win for UC last night. I expected Kansas to be more competitive, even with their players out that didn’t play. If UC beats Baylor, I think their chances of making the tournament substantially increase. Either way, impressive win for the Bearcats last night.

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I know Kansas was missing their 2 best players, but still surprised they weren't more competitive. 

They haven't looked good for a month. Several ugly losses on their resume. I'm very interested to see what seed the Jayhawks get.

I heard Mo Egger saying that he believes if UC can get to the semi-finals of the Big 12 tournament, they are right on the bubble to make the NCAA tourney. He added if they make the Championship he thinks they're in for sure. They're a game or two away from doing exactly that. 

UC is interesting to me. I really don't feel like they should make it after their season if they fall short of hoisting the Big 12 trophy (which I don't think they do), but if they manage to make the tournament, I think they're a team that see's a second weekend. 

Just so many games they fell just short in this year. Have they learned to finish close games? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

They haven't looked good for a month. Several ugly losses on their resume. I'm very interested to see what seed the Jayhawks get.

I'm interested as well. I feel like the committee will probably give them the benefit of the doubt and still a better seed than they deserve because of the injuries. But others that dealt with them throughout the year won't get the same luxury.