Covington Catholic vs. Cooper Predictions/Updates (9th Region Semifinals)

9th Region Semifinals   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Covington Catholic (26-5)
    • Cooper (23-8)

This poll is closed to new votes

I like the Jags!! 

I believe Coach Sully might be one of the best coaches in NKY. Love watching him coach a game. With them 100% healthy I think they will be a hard out in the 9th. Too much firepower in my opinion.

Plus I want @futurecoach to be my allie in this battle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I like the Jags!! 

I believe Coach Sully might be one of the best coaches in NKY. Love watching him coach a game. With them 100% healthy I think they will be a hard out in the 9th. Too much firepower in my opinion.

I’m all with you on this. 😁

• Thanks 1

I think cooper wins the region, they have the best mix in scoring, defense, athleticism and size. Plus I trust Yamil at this point in making all the right decisions over any other PG. I think physicality is what is gonna get Newport, Ryle was bullying them inside and on the glass. Cooper and CC will as well! 

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I like the Jags!! 

You could probably remove the "N" and still be on the right track.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have been super high on Newport for two years.  Saw them twice in person and multiple times on webcasts.  In Florida for 3 months or I would be in attendance for both semis and finals.  Saw Cooper play two games without top two players and was really impressed with Sully’s team intensity, physical game, and overall D.  They may be the best team in Ky now that they are 100% healthy.  Cooper wins it all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strawberrybarrow250 said:

I don't see how CCH wins this game, unless they shoot really well from 3-point range.  I think the Jags have a HUGE rebounding advantage, especially if they can get Miller in foul trouble.    

CCH game plan is make Cooper shoot outside, all 5 men to the boards and/or box out hard. No second shots for Cooper. Keep them off the offensive glass. 

Should be a great game just like most of the battles of late. If Cooper plays like they played on Friday, which was their best game of the year, they can win. CCH will be extremely motivated after losing the last two contests vs. the Jags. Miller is a shot blocking machine so the Jags will have to shoot well from mid-range and beyond the arc and run at every opportunity. 

Rebounding has been the Jags strong suit of late, especially offensively getting multiple 2nd chance shots in their last two games, and they have ramped up their defense even higher since the end of the regular season. 

Fouls, FT shooting and turnovers will be the keys to this game. Two very good teams. 

I've been following these players for years and I think you all are underestimating the guard play of Cov Cath and their experience in tough games. Both Harney and McGillis feel zero pressure in games like these as they have both played at a high level and have beat the best teams in the country. Cov Cath will have three players score over 15 points and they will win the match up. 

Yamil and Johnson are tough for Cooper and I love to watch them play. And I agree, the Cooper coach has our number. 

But with that all said.... I think that Cov Cath takes this one by 6 in a close one. 

Let's go Colonels. 

3 minutes ago, Shotwhisperer75 said:

I've been following these players for years and I think you all are underestimating the guard play of Cov Cath and their experience in tough games. Both Harney and McGillis feel zero pressure in games like these as they have both played at a high level and have beat the best teams in the country. Cov Cath will have three players score over 15 points and they will win the match up. 

Yamil and Johnson are tough for Cooper and I love to watch them play. And I agree, the Cooper coach has our number. 

But with that all said.... I think that Cov Cath takes this one by 6 in a close one. 

Let's go Colonels. 

Why do you say people are underestimating CCH guards?

I think most folks don't know about the level of experience of the CCH guards. 2 of the 3 are scoring over 15 with Miller scoring the other 15+. 

Underestimating them because I feel most aren't giving CCH the chance in this one and it will be the guard play of both teams that will decide this game. 

• Thanks 1

Over 40% of BGPers have voted for CovCath. Cooper beat them earlier this year in Park Hills, so a slight majority of people believing the Jags will win should not be a shocker. No one, especially the Jags, is underestimating CovCath. 

• Like 1